• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New generations looking younger?

shot571

Most year 7's here (the academic year you turn 12 in) seem to be getting shorter, ruder and more annoying. Maybe it is perspective, but I hope I wasn't as annoying as they are.
    that is exactly how i feel. theyre so cheeky -_-

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Most year 7's here (the academic year you turn 12 in) seem to be getting shorter, ruder and more annoying. Maybe it is perspective, but I hope I wasn't as annoying as they are.

This is true as well, but I must say, the younger the generation, the ruder they get...
    Nevertheless, just today, I've seen a freshman, who I'd swear looks like he belongs in the fifth grade!

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    no one is getting younger or shorter. perception changes with age. you dont realise how young you looked or how short you were a particular age when you were a kid and years later when you see another kid who's at the same age then it surprises you. neither genetics nor society has anything to do with it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    no one is getting younger or shorter. perception changes with age. you dont realise how young you looked or how short you were a particular age when you were a kid and years later when you see another kid who's at the same age then it surprises you. neither genetics nor society has anything to do with it.
    This is kind of true but I have compared diffrent generations together and they do look younger...then again it could be our perception after all...

Ascaris

boogey
    Years
    And you know this for a fact because...

<__<

i came into a thread where people are speculated about the younger generation looking younger and shorter... as well as being more intelligent, more annoying, ruder, fatter, more spoilt and about a dozen other things without any basis provided for them and yet you pick on my post like it is actually more trivial than several of the other posts in this thread. i cant prove a generation gap that doesnt exist so why dont you prop up a few links that explain all this youngness and shortness in the new generation and i might put some stock in what you have to say.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    <__<

i came into a thread where people are speculated about the younger generation looking younger and shorter... as well as being more intelligent, more annoying, ruder, fatter, more spoilt and about a dozen other things without any basis provided for them and yet you pick on my post like it is actually more trivial than several of the other posts in this thread. i cant prove a generation gap that doesnt exist so why dont you prop up a few links that explain all this youngness and shortness in the new generation and i might put some stock in what you have to say.

No one said they were more intelligent, fatter, nor spoiled!
    YOU think that it's without basis, yet you haven't proved any of your claims either!
    I picked your post because you seemed all so high and mighty, like you've got all the facts straight, yet not a single augmented sentence from you.
    But, to prove that I'm not the only one who noticed this:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100329202508AAkEKrg

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080712103119AAeVdqk

Facebook group on the matter:

https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=111652712225881

Ascaris

boogey
    Years

YOU think that it's without basis, yet you haven't proved any of your claims either!
    I picked your post because you seemed all so high and mighty, like you've got all the facts straight, yet not a single augmented sentence from you.

there is no way to prove a negative and in any formal debate the burden of truth lies on the people who make the claim; so no, im not obliged in any way to prove my point to you because it is impossible to cite a source with a factual basis on how the human race is inexplicably going through a benjamin button syndrome when it does not exist. you act like youre a debating foreman yet all youve had to show to prove you have some ground is to put up two yahoo answers pages and a facebook group.

and you actually think thats going to substantiate your point?

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    I don't need to prove my point!
    That's the whole point of my last two posts!!!
    This is a discussion on what YOU think!
    From your first post here, I assumed you actually had proof that they aren't getting younger. Then you started this "war"...
    No point in even debating this with you.
    You wanted some kind of proof, I'd given some.
    You don't like it, fine! What do I care!

Now, can we please continue with a normal, and civil discussion?

Years

Your proof is a little lacking, considering most people I've met don't take into account their own perceptions of their generation or the fashions of the era when comparing the age appearance of generations, and they say the same things that those people in your links are.

Personally, though, and I think I've said this in this thread before, I've been mistaken for a college student at 15, and have always been told I look at least a few years older than I was/am since my beard first started growing at 14.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Exception proves the rule...
    I'm joking, but trust me this isn't a matter of perception!
    They're 16-ish, so they should at least have their bears START growing. Of course, there are exceptions here to, since everyone's body matures differently, yet, you'll find maybe 4 out of 50 that have their beard STARTED to grow.
    I had mine when I was 14, just like you Donavannj!
    And I think they're getting shorter too, so why are you all saying that they are getting taller?

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    They're 16-ish, so they should at least have their bears START growing. Of course, there are exceptions here to, since everyone's body matures differently, yet, you'll find maybe 4 out of 50 that have their beard STARTED to grow.
    And I think they're getting shorter too, so why are you all saying that they are getting taller?
    It is precisely a matter of perception. Just because you personally observe something does not make it fact. I personally observe people getting taller, but I don't say that everyone is suddenly getting taller, because it's merely an observation.
    Why is your observation any more valid than mine, or Ascaris'? You tell him he hasn't proved his point, like he said, you haven't proven yours either. So his point is no less valid than yours, and to dismiss it as such is quite rude.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    The 6th graders keep getting smaller and smaller each year in my local middle school [I live within walking distance to one]. Maybe it's due to the fact of the whole "HORMONES IN FOOD = BAD!" thing going on.
    I mean, I'm 4'11, but dang. A middle school guy smaller than me is odd to see.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Some of the 9th graders this year look as small as I did in 6th grade...
    Though I read an article one day saying that some humans are growing taller and some are growing shorter...so it can actually be both!

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    2 years ago I was 6th grade, standing at 4'6 I was the shortest of the Grade. I go to 7th grade and the little 6th graders arrived. The tallest one was 4'8, it was very sad. D:

The generation has not only become younger-looking, but they're short. Im terrified for my grandchildren. D:

shot571

2 years ago I was 6th grade, standing at 4'6 I was the shortest of the Grade. I go to 7th grade and the little 6th graders arrived. The tallest one was 4'8, it was very sad. D:

The generation has not only become younger-looking, but they're short. Im terrified for my grandchildren. D:
    but a lot of my year are near 6 foot or past it :/. I was about 6ft last year.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years

Just because someone's beard starts coming in early doesn't mean they look older than anyone else. My beard started coming in when I was 12, yet I look much younger than most people my age. I'm not very tall and I have a very young looking face.
    Honestly, it has more to do with your genes than anything else. People who are short are so because someone in their family is short. Same with onset of facial/body hair, facial shape, body type, etc.

Back