• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Love?

Sotani

Pokemon Breeder Yuki
Years
  • Are there any pokemon you've obtained in x and y that the game made you love again or start to love?

For me, I've fell in love all over again with Whimsicott and Typlosion. I honestly forgot how much I loved those Pokemon until I was lucky enough to receive some on wonder trade. I built them up to be 5 and 6 IV and even EV trained them. I also discovered a new love for Scolipede, especially shiny scolipede since I found one in the friend Safari. He is truely and awesome Pokemon and I missed out during my whole B&W experience. I also fell out of love with Axew, not that his sprite is bad or anything, but I used him throughout B&W and B&W2, I wanted to try out new pokemon and ended up not using him at all. I haven't even played with one in Pokemon Aime!

I just want to hear some stories and see if anyone else had similar experiences.

Grif of Hearts

Que sera sera~
    Years
  • I can honestly say that most of the National Pokédex is now on my list of loves. X&Y gave me the chance to try out a vast number of Pokémon I had never touched before, both new and old, and I learned just how amazing each one can be if you play them correctly. My list of favourites tends to change depending on what I'm currently using and because I seemed to swap Pokémon relatively often I tried dozens over the course of my adventure.

Some of my new loves from the older Pokédexes include, but are not limited to: Aggron, Mawile & Flygon.
    Some of my new loves from the new Pokédex include, but are not limited to: Dragalge, Aegislash & Florges.

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    Just the whole game in general, it's been a long time since i was able to start a brand new journey, especially sense BW2 felt like a cheep redo of BW.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally wasn't such a huge fan of Mawile, but after X and Y had introduced a mega form, I started to like it. I've used Mega Mawile in few of my battles before, and was able to perform quite smoothly. Its Defense was extremely high, which made it a nice physical wall. Its Attack stat was pretty high as well, and after a boost with Swords Dance, it'd become almost impossible to stop. Only thing it lacks is Speed, but… oh well. Besides that, I didn't really like Aggron either. Now, I do. d:

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2020
    The new Fairy-type Pokemon have me completely enraptured. Klefki, in particular, is easily one of my favorite Pokemon of them all now. That little fella is a beast at Super Training.

mrakaflame

Wise Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • Well.. I think umbreon would be part of that. I had an umbreon on soulsilver which was quite strong (was stronger in previous era's :p ) but this one was beyond strong (good nature, IV's and now also EV's) and it was one of the pokemon i shared my whole x and y adventure with so i feel closer to it then ever now

Years
  • Are there any pokemon you've obtained in x and y that the game made you love again or start to love?

For me, I've fell in love all over again with Whimsicott and Typlosion. I honestly forgot how much I loved those Pokemon until I was lucky enough to receive some on wonder trade. I built them up to be 5 and 6 IV and even EV trained them. I also discovered a new love for Scolipede, especially shiny scolipede since I found one in the friend Safari. He is truely and awesome Pokemon and I missed out during my whole B&W experience. I also fell out of love with Axew, not that his sprite is bad or anything, but I used him throughout B&W and B&W2, I wanted to try out new pokemon and ended up not using him at all. I haven't even played with one in Pokemon Aime!

I just want to hear some stories and see if anyone else had similar experiences.

I agree with you about Typlosion! He used to be one of my favorites, but I sort of forgot about him. I'm trying to get one with good IV's right now myself.

Somma

The PokéGambler
    Years
  • Typhy has been my favorite starter ever since I got my hands on Gold version. Now that Typhlosion is back in my life, I've fallen in love with him even more xD Especially Raichu who is my #1 favorite <33

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Mawile after seeing it in the Amie I just loved it, I never really gave it much thought in previous gens, but something about it this time just won me over. Also Floette, something I thought I'd hate , is now one of my favorite pokemon. Raichu too, I had never used one in 15 years of playing pokemon until gen 6.

Years
  • I actually was a fan of all of gen 6 pkmn, which surprised me a little. Charizard got a little more love from me this gen that it hasn't had in forever.

I had the same story as well, I never liked Charizard due to being "overrated" but when I gave him a shot on my X team he dominated a lot with his Charizard X Mega Evolution. I was glad I ended up using X as my main version after all.

Also, I tried out Clawitzer briefly and I once had mixed feelings toward the little blue shrimp with the gigantic claw but as I found out in battle, it hits pretty damn hard. His Water Pulse attack sure is painful thanks to Mega Launcher.

Pinta77

Meowstic made me love pokemon even more than I already did!!!!!

Years
  • I had the same story as well, I never liked Charizard due to being "overrated" but when I gave him a shot on my X team he dominated a lot with his Charizard X Mega Evolution. I was glad I ended up using X as my main version after all.

Also, I tried out Clawitzer briefly and I once had mixed feelings toward the little blue shrimp with the gigantic claw but as I found out in battle, it hits pretty damn hard. His Water Pulse attack sure is painful thanks to Mega Launcher.

Yea same here. I still haven't raised a clawitzer because I wanted to wait til I could Iv breed and all that jazz because mega launcher is a pretty sweet ability and I wanted to put use to it. I was a bigger fan of dragalge from the look to the typing ( I've been wanting a dragon poison type for so long, why did goodra not get this type?? Of course the popular and common earthquake would shred through goodras defense )
    I also really want to raise a charizard on my y version because I wanna see how a drought team would work with none tails and charizard y but preoccupied with x right now.
    I was also interested in venusaur but when I picked bulba as my starter from sycamore on y I got stiffed bad on the nature and didn't wanna soft reset so I said screw it and forgot about it. Still thick fat is amazing on venusaur.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • Still love my Sandslash :)

They really gave Sandshrew/Sandslash an upgrade with this edition. They finally learn the STAB moves they always should have!

I also don't mind seeing Luvdisc now, since it became my very first shiny due to chain-fishing.

EDIT: I was even inspired to change my avatar to include a combo of both (a day or two ago I believe).

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    Most of the pokemon that have always been my favorites have only been amplified with the release of X&Y. But i would have to say if there's one that has made me fall in love with it all over again it would have to be Persian. Since the very first time i ever saw a Persian, i have always loved it. But as time moved away from the original games, i just sort of lost track of them. But ever since i saw one and found out it was a chore to get my hands on one, its only made me re-find my love for the cute little fur ball.

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • Only 4 I can think of at the top of my head - Minccino, Dewott, Luxray & Persian (got three as Oshawott, Shinx, & Meowth - made them evolve along the way - haven't evolved Minccino yet). Since I got them as trades yesterday (Shinx & Minccino a few days earlier though, Shinx via trade and Miccino via Friend Safari),

I really love all the new animations they gave them, and all the "happy expressions, angered expressions, and sad expressions" they make in Amie. Also loved how they move in game.

εcho.

The silver ninetales
    Years
  • I've re-fallen in love with a couple of my old favourites. Espeon and Houndoom to name a couple.
    Also I never really liked Murkrow before this gen but I think he's super adorable now. ♥

Back