• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pikaclone speculation

Years
    Exactly what I mean, we don't need another Pikachu clone each generation, we have the original, so why do we need more when most of them basically don't serve any purpose other than just being Pokedex filler.
    Some fans like the Pikaclones. I'm not one of them particularly, but I don't mind them either. When you look at the pokedex you could probably argue that half of it is just filler depending on your persona criteria. That's kind of part of the games: the endless number of Pokemon to discover, etc.

I imagine that if they didn't come up with some redundant designs it would take them longer to come out with new games and I wouldn't want to see that. So, I for one welcome our new Pikaclone.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Why not have no Pika-clone this generation and instead just give an evolution to one of the existing electric rodents so they don't feel left in the dust. Better yet, just make Mega Raichu, after all, why just make Pokedex filler when you can just work with what we already have?

Quoted for truth. There's a good chance that SM will be sequels to XY in the same way that GSC were to RBY, and guess what? GSC didn't have any Pikaclones! Instead, the games brought back the original and gave it a pre-evolution (Pichu). Unlike the later games, GSC's Pokédex was designed to add onto RBY's, not replace it.

Why can't SM be the same way, especially if they're XY sequels? Instead of making yet another new generic electric rodent, why not give Dedenne an evolution instead? Or, finally give Raichu its much-deserved Mega?

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    GSC kind of had something like a Pikaclone it was Marill or mostly known before gen 2 as Pikablue.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    GSC kind of had something like a Pikaclone it was Marill or mostly known before gen 2 as Pikablue.

Marill had similarities to Pikachu, but it wasn't a true Pikaclone in the same sense as Plusle/Minun, Pachirisu, Emolga, and Dedenne. For one, it was Water type, not Electric, and it also actually evolved into something. Marill also didn't have little circles on its cheeks like all the Pikaclones.

I think Marill, along with Togepi, was more meant to be an addition to the "cute, fairy-esque" line of Pokémon, which also included Pikachu itself, as well as Clefairy and Jigglypuff.

Pikachu, Clefairy, and Jigglypuff were all small, cute Pokémon who were extremely rare in the games (despite being otherwise heavily promoted outside of the games) and evolved with stones. They also all received baby forms in Gen 2, which all evolved via happiness.

Marill pretty much fit the same mold as those three. It was small and cute and heavily promoted, yet was also extremely rare in the games. Surprisingly, though, it wasn't a stone evolver. Marill also received a baby form in the generation after it was introduced, and like Pichu/Cleffa/Igglybuff, Azurill also evolved via high friendship.

Similar story with Togepi. Small and cute, heavily promoted, and rare in the games. And, by Gen 4, it was also a three stage line with a baby form that evolved via happiness and a middle form that evolved with a stone.

Years
    Why not have no Pika-clone this generation and instead just give an evolution to one of the existing electric rodents so they don't feel left in the dust. Better yet, just make Mega Raichu, after all, why just make Pokedex filler when you can just work with what we already have?
    Then all of the Pikaclones would need 1. And must oval cheeks and and The electric type make you a Pika clone people? I mean....

Pikachu = Marill Lagomorphs/Rodents Lightning bolt shaped tails. Similar smiles
    Pikachu = Minccino Same height, similar egg movesets, large ears

Exactly what I mean, we don't need another Pikachu clone each generation, we have the original, so why do we need more when most of them basically don't serve any purpose other than just being Pokedex filler.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
    NO THANKS.

I'm sick of Pikaclones. If anything, they should remove them and leave only Pikachu, Marill and their evolutionary lines. The rest of them just take up PokeDex slots, are shitty, bad, boring and bring nothing useful to the table.

Years
    NO THANKS.

I'm sick of Pikaclones. If anything, they should remove them and leave only Pikachu, Marill and their evolutionary lines. The rest of them just take up PokeDex slots, are shitty, bad, boring and bring nothing useful to the table.

Marill isn't a pikaclone. I don't think so anyway on account of the typing and rather dissimilar design imo

Aside from that little tidbit though, I agree for the most part. I'm a little over getting some little electric rodent in every generation when they're never even remotely useful and for the most part don't even have evolutions aside from the original pikachu line.

Design wise they're alright, but it's getting a bit stale.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    I honestly like the pikaclones, but I agree that we need evos for them more than new ones. Personally, I'd like to see plusle/minun and dedenne get new evos, but I'd be alright with just getting a mega form for pachirisu and emolga. And poor Raichu definitely needs a mega...

Dedenne needs a new evo especially, because every time I look at him I think that he needs to be raichu's pre-evo.

As for new designs, I'd like a gerbil, but something more realistic than dedenne's hamster-thing. Since people are complaining about them having too similar of a design to pikachu, a longer snout would work well. It could be Electric/Fairy like dedenne, if it needed a new type, but pure Electric would also be fine. Perhaps primarily blue in design, with yellow as a secondary color?

Another option is a gopher, with an Electric/Ground typing. It would be primarily brown, with yellow cheeks and other details.

Back