• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon game for June 15th?

blue

gucci
Years
  • So, the announcement today for the 'New Pokémon game' was a slight let down for some, as the game was NOT a video game but rather a battiro set, arcade game exclusive to Japan.

However, news later came that a game would be announced on June 15th, whether or not this is will be a new game or just an update on battiro, we'll soon find out!

Discuss.
    https://nintendo3dsblog.com/pokemon-game-to-be-revealed-on-june-15th

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • ^ Too early to announce that, as I'm sure it's been said in the RSE remake thread. Anyway, I'm going to stick by my guesses to that it's a spin off. I just don't see a main game being announced too soon. I assume it will be a PMD announcement, since it seems to be the most popular Pokemon spin off. And with that in mind, the most sought after spin off this year seems to be a Colosseum/XD follow-up. I'm with that crowd. I'd love to see that happening personally.

Masterge77

Robot Mienshao
    Years
  • I was very dissapointed that it was just an expansion for a game that will probably never be released outside of Japan

The reason Battrio was never (and probably never will) released outside of Japan is because according to the American video game industry, nobody plays at arcades anymore, and that is primarly because the American video game industry thinks that WiiWare and Xbox live make more money than arcades ever did (curse you Microsoft, for creating the Xbox), yeah, pretty much a big dissapointment…..

I was really hoping for Mystery Dungeon 3 myself (Explorers of Sky is not PMD3, but more rather an expansion of PMD2, making it more of a PMD2.5).

Last edited:

Rainbow-Starlight

Pokémon Trainer Melanie
    Years
  • Disappointing that it isn't an actual new video game, but maybe there will be a real new one announced soon!

I hope it's a R/S remake, but it'll probably be a spinoff. I'd like to see a brand new spinoff, something we wouldn't expect that would blow our minds. XD

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    The reason Battrio was never (and probably never will) released outside of Japan is because according to the American video game industry, nobody plays at arcades anymore, and that is primarly because the American video game industry thinks that WiiWare and Xbox live make more money than arcades ever did...

The arcade died when home consoles could play games just as good as expensive arcade hardware, and the last nail in the coffin when online multi-player facilities became commonplace on consoles. Arguments can also be made for the popularisation of genres like 3D platformers (Mario 64) and action-adventure games like Tomb Raider being unsuited to arcades. It was certainly dying far before the Xbox 360 was released.

It doesn't help that Japan is a far smaller country with a much greater population density, resulting in massive cultural differences and a very different opinion about going to the arcades.

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • So, the announcement today for the 'New Pokémon game' was a slight let down for some, as the game was NOT a video game but rather a battiro set, arcade game exclusive to Japan.
    And that's what happens when people expect the world from an announcement and get the opposite. Just like the 2nd post in this thread may likely turn out, in fact. =p

I think we won't get yet a game from Game Freak this year - after Platinum, HGSS and B/W in consecutive years I think the next one will be only out in Japan next year (ala Platinum's 2 year gap from D/P). Hence my bet is on a spinoff as well - whether it's for the Wii or or DS/3DS I guess we'll have to wait and see.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Haha you kinda stole my thread :p
    Anyways, I think it'll be R/S remakes, hopefully, or else Grey/Gray.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I think it is far too early for any 3rd game of B/W or R/S/E remake. I mean B/W hasn't even been out for a year yet. It is more likely just a spin-off game. Probably a Pokemon XDGoD sequal, Pokemon Ranger or Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. Maybe even a Pokemon Dash...

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Unfortunately, I doubt we'll be seeing a main game untill next year whether that main game is an R/S/E remake or a third counterpart to B/W I don't know but I do know it's a little too soon for one of them this year. It could however be a spin off (most likely) Pokémon Mystery Dungeon, I mean the last edition of that game was back in early 2010 / late 2009, besides I'd love to see a MD with 5th gen Pokémon!

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • I still don't think they'll remake RSE for a few years now as people can still pop them into their DS and play RSE but you couldn't do that with GSC. I assume in a year or two RSE will be remade.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • I still don't think they'll remake RSE for a few years now as people can still pop them into their DS and play RSE but you couldn't do that with GSC. I assume in a year or two RSE will be remade.
    Not evryone owns a DS or a DSLite so the so called "popping the game into their DS" is slowly dying away. Plus the DSLite will soon be taken off the shelves so no one can buy them anymore.

MimeJr

Beginning Coordinator
    Years
  • i am foing a monotype challenge of my old sapphire now, and it reminded me of how much i loveeee heonn... i REEEAAALLLY want remakes... ya kno i grew up with this shizz

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • Not evryone owns a DS or a DSLite so the so called "popping the game into their DS" is slowly dying away. Plus the DSLite will soon be taken off the shelves so no one can buy them anymore.

On the other hand, it should take a few years anyway. You know because there was almost a 6 year gap between FR/LG and HG/SS.

It's far too soon to even hear about R/S remakes.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • On the other hand, it should take a few years anyway. You know because there was almost a 6 year gap between FR/LG and HG/SS.

It's far too soon to even hear about R/S remakes.
    I wouldn't really count that due to HGSS coming after the third game when FRLG came before theirs.

jespoke

Still do monotype challenges once in a blue moon
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2020
    Im currently playing explorers of time, waiting for a sequel :P Its too early for a main game (I mean, it would become a bad Gray with only 8 months of development :I)

Back