• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Ravecat, the video was originally intended for YouTube, but after I saw someone post an analysis about Hihidaruma, I thought I should make one about Giaru.

And since I had already made a video about it, I thought it would be easier to just put my video in my thread for added effect.

The video is just out of pure speculation for what Giaru might be like and how it's design and ability may hint for future evolutions.

I'm sorry if the video did not meet your criteria of what speculation should be like, but at the moment, that's all I could interpret and I hope to be able to speculate more as more info comes in.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    I'm not trying to be offensive, I mean no harm in what I say. So as such I have rephrased my original post.

I'm just saying that there's a reason people still produce texts so long after videos were invented, and that is because in this case something like a text would simply be easier for all parties involved.

I am not saying videos aren't allowed, and I would appreciate it if I wasn't taken out of context, thank-you.
    I'm simply saying they aren't practical in this scenario, as a post featuring all the text would be much more useful.
    Because no, a video and post are not the same. A text can be read at your own pace, and referred to as such, whereas after waiting for a video to load you have to move through the text solely at the rate the video moves.

Also, what if everybody did this? The forums would be flooded with Video "Analysis" of every Pokémon, and would be seen as nothing more than spam.
    Threads exist for a reason, and at most why couldn't this have just been posted in one of the existing speculating/analyzing threads?
    As a moderator you should understand this, Serene Grace. Though I doubt you will at this point, as even if you read this post and it makes sense to you this discussion will continue out of spite.

Simply impractical.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Well like you like, I will convert the video into text as soon as I can.

I just thought the video made it more unique and something different.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    No, please do not change the way you do things because of something I have said. I was just sharing my opinion on the fact videos are an overly complicated means of sharing text.

I just think that if you do wish to make a video, it doesn't deserve its own thread anymore than a textual analysis would.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I'm not trying to be offensive, I mean no harm in what I say. So as such I have rephrased my original post.

I'm just saying that there's a reason people still produce texts so long after videos were invented, and that is because in this case something like a text would simply be easier for all parties involved.

I am not saying videos aren't allowed, and I would appreciate it if I wasn't taken out of context, thank-you.
    I'm simply saying they aren't practical in this scenario, as a post featuring all the text would be much more useful.
    Because no, a video and post are not the same. A text can be read at your own pace, and referred to as such, whereas after waiting for a video to load you have to move through the text solely at the rate the video moves.

Also, what if everybody did this? The forums would be flooded with Video "Analysis" of every Pokémon, and would be seen as nothing more than spam.
    Threads exist for a reason, and at most why couldn't this have just been posted in one of the existing speculating/analyzing threads?
    As a moderator you should understand this, Serene Grace. Though I doubt you will at this point, as even if you read this post and it makes sense to you this discussion will continue out of spite.

Simply impractical.
    I didn't mean mine in any bad way either.. XD; I was just noting that videos are allowed to be posted, as long as there is some discussion that will come out of it. If you read the rules of the forum I moderate, Pokemon General, you can see that I posted that myself as I do know the amount of spam that can come out of YouTube only threds.

I'm not a spiteful guy, so no hard feelings dude.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Well cool, I'm glad that's... er... cleared up I think. I didn't mean you in particular were a spiteful person, but from my prior experience with staff at this site and sites like it. . .

But maybe for the benefit of all parties this could be the "Giaru Analysis/Speculation Thread" or some such?

I would like to participate in that. :3

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 13, 2011
    Yeah, that's what i thought it would be.

Analysis means examining and preidcting so I guess it is both informal and speculating.

P.s, I put my ideas in text form.

Satoshi_poketo monsta

Pokemon Master.
    Years
    I wonder if the other new Pokemon ahead is also a Pokemon reference from a years ago?
    But still, it does make a sense when that Lass said something like that! It's like a sign of a future Pokemon! Or maybe just an accident anyway...But still, If Shellos and Gastrodon were originally for RSE, Why don't they add them to the 3rd gen anyway?! I think Munna won't be the only one from 15 years back to 5th gen! Maybe there will be a few Pokemon that were created from a long time ago...or Maybe they make a 1.000 Artworks of Pokemon on a purpose. I mean, When they're ran out of idea, They can use the old artwork! Maybe~:) But that's a quite brilliant idea to me...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    I like the weather status on the touchscreen; hopefully it means that weather is going to be further utilized or enhanced in these forthcoming games. (:

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    [New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Kinda looks like a Oppostie version of magnamites

Years
    I love this theory (and it is making me like this Pokemon a lot too)! I really do think Munna was one of those scraped ideas, revisted for this generation. It does kind of fit the idea of ""rebirth of Pokemon". I could totally see Munna drawn by Sugimori, all Gen 1 like, very faded and simple, like the old Sugimori drawings used to be like...this excites me, but we will never know ;3

cystar

Favorite Pokemon is Politoed
    Years
    No. Pokemon Sunday very rarely has Pokemon news before everyone else. They're all usually leaked on CoroCoro or the like, which iirc is usually on Thursday.

Hooray, more haters. It's getting fun wondering if they actually hate the 4th generation Pokemon or if they just don't like them because they changed it now it sucks.
    Nah i acually luved platinum but i just hated dimond and peral and most of the pokmeon

[New Pokémon - June 11] NEW Black and White Scans leaked

Kinda looks like a Oppostie version of magnamites
    U agree with me i got ridiculed when this thread first came out for posting that

Last edited:
    Years
    It does kind of resemble Drowzee, save for that "floral pattern" that it's sporting.

My thoughts exactly. Same kind of snout and such, and it's a dream-eater. Although the colours don't seem to relate to Drowzee, and the flowers definately don't. But it is a Dream Eater Pokemon, which is almost screaming Drowzee, so... Wait and see, I guess.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Maybe they were planning to put Munma in Gen I, but they think she didn't measure up with the other Pokemon so they leave her and wait for the right time... Similarly to Shellos/Gastrodon, they planned to be add in Gen III.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I'd just like to quickly say, the new pokemon revealed in d/p/pt were the early pokemon you got in the game were they or were they not?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2014
    Now, the female Professor, I think people were making Predictions about this happening before the games were even announced! I like the idea, she seems much more different, and should fit nicely with the storyline, who knows what lies ahead for us! I also like the look of the new Pokedex, and the Vending machine Idea is a nice little tidbit! :)

Back