• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen NEW Pokémon: Vivilion and Noivern!

Years
  • talonflame's type is fire/flying-so its the first regional bird without normal/flying typing.
    finally they stop with the normal/flying tradition.
    i like this generetion-it seems that gamefreak stop stick to the old formula and trying new things.

really like all i see from x and y, can't wait to the moment the games are released

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Noivern is incredible and I like it! It took a while for me to remember that the speaker-looking things are its ears and not its eyes. For a short time, I kind of pictured it making the ":>" face. But now that I've seen the official art for it, it's easy to see its eyes.

Vivilion will take a while for me to get used to. Butterflies scare me in real life. Vivilion is adorable, though, and I'm sure I'll get used to it. (Butterfree is one of my favorite Pokemon, so...)

As for the other three, Talonflame is amazing. If I wasn't leaning towards Fennekin as my starter, Talonflame would be my choice for a Fire-type to try. I love the design and its typing, especially for being the evolution of the region bird.

Clauncher is a little adorable grumpy-face and Skrelp is...Skrelp. I'm not sure what to make of that one yet.

Years
  • I reeaaaaaaaaallly like talonflame and Noivern, like damn, those are cool. But they're all awesome, I can't remember the last time I loved all the new ones revealed right off the bat.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Since this is already a thread about new pokemon, might we want to discuss the three that were revealed a little while ago as well?

Talonflame
    Spoiler:

Clauncher
    Spoiler:

Skrelp
    Spoiler:

I've already said Noivern looks awesome, and the more I look at him, the more apparent that becomes. I'm actually quite excited to try him out.

Talonflame looks like a Fletchling evo, which is awesome, and Talonflame looks beast, so, yeah, go Talonflame! I think it's a bit awkward that his name is literally just two words mashed together like that, though. :L

Clauncher and Skrelp are certainly interesting, to say the least. I like their designs, though. So far this generation has some promise to the Pokemon. d;

Is this real if it is I will edit it into the Post

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
    Years
  • They introduce a new type, a butterfly Pokemon that looks it could be said type, but it isn't. It's just a typical Flying/Bug, probably with bad stats. I am disappoint.

When I saw the new dragon from far away, it just looked like a pure bat.. I was excited. I was thinking it'd be Poison. But nope, it's a Dragon.

I'm indifferent to most the newly introduced designs this Gen (so far.) I hope they introduce the rest of the Pokemon soon.. Seems like they should have.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    cute batuplai ish cute. :3

and the new bat-dragon-thing is looking awesome. :D
    though i am quite surprised that his type 1 is flying and type 2 is dragon, instead of the usual Dragon/Flying thingy... :3

I don't like Talonflame's...name. =/
    It sounds...too uh...yeah...
    The PKMN ish cool, but its name is kinda...meh~

Nakala Pri

Wow! That talk about a thrill! I'm not sure I like the design... but anyways, they seem okay to me!

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I think Noivern is the best Pokémon revealed so far from gen 6. It looks very cool. I'm a bit surprised that it's part Dragon-type, but I like it. Fennekin and Noivern are the two Pokémon that have been revealed so far that I plan on using on my team. I don't really like any of the other ones that were revealed.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    I like Talonflame, though the type change from Fletchling's Normal/Flying surprised me. If I don't choose Fennekin as my starter, then Talonflame at least makes a good Fire alternative. I like Clauncher better than Skrelp; pistol shrimps are cool.

But... Skrelp is the pistol shrimp... Clauncher is the crab...

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
  • Clauncher looks really cute, i like him better than the grouchy Skrelp
    Noivern though has to be my favorite so far, awesome design!!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • So far I've been pretty content with the sixth generation of Pokemon, but unfortunately GF have ruined their winning streak with Talonflame, Skrelp and perhaps Clauncher. I don't overly love all of the new Pokemon - with Helioptile being my favourite despite it being relatively older.

Noivern I quite like. There's a few things I dislike but for the most part, it's a pretty cool-looking Pokemon. Who knows, it might end up on my team!

Vivillon is an interesting Pokemon. I like it and yet at the same time I don't. What I do like about it though, the most, is its 'secret in its wings' concept. I've been looking quite closely at the pattern of the top half of its wings and to me, it looks like a section of a double helix. With the sequence of red and blue rectangles/squares representing the sugar(deoxyribose)-phosphate back bone of your typical RNA strand. Perhaps its involved in the storyline, considering the games are predicted to be based around genetics?

Just food for thought.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I want to see the Fossil pokemons and i hope for a Trio, a Standalone Fossil like Aerodactyl and 2 Fossil with 1 evolution. But these new pokemons looks awesome, can't wait how the Worm and Pupa look for Vivillion.

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
  • I'm actually pretty happy with the new Pokémon revealed. Can't say I'm a fan of all of them, but I really do like Talonflame (it's name is just a bit... In your face?). I had already plans of adding Fledgling to my team, and it's evolution just made that even more certain. I wonder if it's the final evolution or if there's another one coming?
    Noivern looks cool. :'D Wyvern x Bat cross-over ftw. |D As many in this tread I really hope it's an early/half-way Pokémon, and not one you can catch moments before the final gym. Kind of would ruin the experience around this creature.

CliCliW

I have a Ph.D in Horribleness.
    Years
  • Vivillion is so pretty!! I love it!

It actually took me ages to realise it, but Noivern's eyes actually aren't the ear bits. He kinda has a Swoobat thing going on imo, but they're not related in any way I think. I love everything about Talonflame except the name. They could have come up with something better for the name really, it sounds way too....... American and Fakemonish?

Back