• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Anyone think that its possible for Lunatone and Solrock to get a shared pre-evo?

Since the games are Sun & Moon I'm hoping they get atleast some sort of acknowledgement. I think a pre-evo that evolves into either Solrock or Lunatone depending on whether it is day or night respectively would work quite well. It would make those two much more viable considering they are two Pokemon that could be classed as underrated.

Not impossible. And it would be nice to get a few pre evolutions. Unova was the only Generation that didn't give us an evolution or pre evolution of a passed pokemon.

Years
    My biggest issue is that pre-evos tend to be pretty underwhelming for the most part? Like, don't get me wrong, it'd be nice if Solrock and Lunatone had one, but I can imagine the general collective reaction to be like "awww that's cute" at seeing a mini-version of them and then like a few days later not really pay much attention to it.

I remember people thinking Minior would make for a Solrock and Lunatone pre-evo due to them all being based off meteors and meteorites, but I don't think that will be the case since I'm likely expecting the only new thing relating to old Pokemon will be the Alola Forms.

Not impossible. And it would be nice to get a few pre evolutions. Unova was the only Generation that didn't give us an evolution or pre evolution of a passed pokemon.

Kalos also didn't have any new cross-gen evos, except for Sylveon whose introduction was to showcase the Fairy-type.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I don't think Minior has any relation to Lunatone and Solrock considering it already has four different forms. Not only that but to go from Rock/Flying to Rock/Psychic just wouldn't really feel right?

Years
    It honestly looks like it'll either be a standalone Pokemon with no evolution or it'll have an evolution that'll probably be some big-ass meteor Pokemon or something, but otherwise no apparent connection to Solrock or Lunatone. o.o

Besides, I don't think we know what really happens when it sheds its skin? What are the four different forms even for? Are they just for show, or do they serve some purpose? I'm leaning towards the former if nothing else is explained about it...

Well, Minior has actually been shown to have six different-colored cores (pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple) but I guess it's because we didn't know two of the colors until a while after its first trailer reveal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I remember people thinking Minior would make for a Solrock and Lunatone pre-evo due to them all being based off meteors and meteorites, but I don't think that will be the case since I'm likely expecting the only new thing relating to old Pokemon will be the Alola Forms.

Kalos also didn't have any new cross-gen evos, except for Sylveon whose introduction was to showcase the Fairy-type.

Have you forgotten that Hoenn only had 2 Pre Evolutions? I don't see a difference and why there isn't a possibility for Pre Evos. And it still is a evolution of a past pokemon. That still makes Unova the only Region with no connections.

Years
    Have you forgotten that Hoenn only had 2 Pre Evolutions? I don't see a difference and why there isn't a possibility for Pre Evos. And it still is a evolution of a past pokemon. That still makes Unova the only Region with no connections.

I knew of Wynaut and Azurill but I guess people find them forgettable since they're baby Pokemon that many know are useless.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Total including Alolan forms currently stands at 46. Considering this doesn't even take into account any of the evolutions or rumoured legendaries, I think we have a good chance of surpassing the amount of new species X/Y introduced.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As of right now, counting the legends confirmed and the evolutions confirmed via Poke Dex, we are standing at about 51. That isn't counting evolutions that we will probably get, different forms like the 4 Ocarcio or whatever and Alolan Forms. So there is no doubt it my mind that it will surpass Kalos by a good amount.

Years
    As mentioned by the last two posts, we are now like slightly over 50 in regards to new Pokemon + Alola Forms at this stage. If we keep getting more reveals at this pace, we could well have close to 100 new 7th Gen Pokemon known even before the games are released.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I just realized the people in Alola are quite weird.

"The people of Alola found this so pitiful that they developed a tradition of chucking Pyukumuku back into the food-rich sea whenever they come across any thin-bellied Pyukumuku."

OK, I guess that's OK, but...

"Apparently it's a test of courage in the Alola region to put your hand in a Sandygast's mouth."

What the hell, Alolans? Not even in Unova are the people as weird as them. And they put droppings in their clothing.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yo guys, not sure if many people saw it or not. I didn't till Serebii pointed it out.

There was another new pokemon reveled today. but no name was confirmed. But it is also definitely Cutiefly's Evolution.

New Pokémon

blue

gucci
    Years
    Jangmo-o is adorable! I'm leaning towards the idea of it being this gens Pseudo-legend. It definitely looks like it could have two further evolutions.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    Type: Null is AWESOME. It's a chimera! What's not to love?

Jangmo-o is OK. It's cute, and has nice abilities!

Alolan Raticate, though...BLECH...

Is discussing UB-01 OK? Because it looks so weird.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Jangmo-o is adorable! I'm leaning towards the idea of it being this gens Pseudo-legend. It definitely looks like it could have two further evolutions.

I have to agree with that. Right now I can't really say. It looks to small to be a non event legendary. I think we will have 2 Pseudo Lines.

I just hope we learn a little bit more about these super beasts or whatever.

Also, Jangmo-o reminds me of an Ankylosaurus. So maybe a modified fossil pokemon? I though right away when i first saw it that it was a fossil, but it was't. At least not confirmed.

I hate double posting, but I wanted to make an update on what we know.

We are currently at about 79 Pokemon, counting form changes so Oricario is counted 4 times, if I am correct on the amount of evolution each pokemon has. So this could be off, as a gave most pokemon at least 1.

58 confirmed (61 counting Ultra Beasts) (This also includes the evolutions for starters, Pikipek, and Cutiefly. Also different forms like Rockruff Evos and Oricario)
    71 confirmed with Alolan Forms.
    110+ Currently what I think.

The reason I say 110+ is because of the following: (Remember this is my own opinion)
    All 3 Starters will have something similar to Rockruff.
    Komala will evolve once.
    Drampa will have a pre evolution and a possible split evolution for it. (Aka Dramma)
    Bruxish will evolve once.
    Salandit will have a pre evolution and a counter part for females.
    Wimpod will evolve once and possible a pre evolution.
    Bounsweet will evolve 2 times.
    Comfey will evolve once
    Pyukumuku will have an evolution and possible 2 other counterparts.
    Morelull will evolve once
    Turtonator will have 1 or 2 pre evolutions
    Crabrawler will evolve once
    Jangmo-o will have 2 evolutions.
    The Ice/Ghost Type snowman pokemon with 2 evolutions.
    I think there will be 4 more event pokemon.
    I think there will be 2 other pokemon to go with Lunala and Solgaleo.
    Possible pink bunny with an evolution line, hidden in one of the newest trailers. with 1 evolution.
    Possible yellow duck pokemon with an evolution.
    I think there will be 3 more Ultra Beasts, making a total of 5, not including possible doubles.
    I think there will possible be around 10 to 20 more Alolan Forms.

Last edited by a moderator:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I'd hesitate about counting Ultra Beasts as Pokemon.

That being said, it's very possible that a large portion of the Alola Dex is still unknown to us. Although that could very well be wishful thinking on my own behalf that we have a large Pokedex...

Aye, we do not know if these Ultra Beasts are pokemon or not. However, I am not sure they would bring in creatures that aren't pokemon that we will eventually battle. However, we can't go on the fact that it has never happened before, as this generation is very different. The older female did say, at one point in one of the trailers, "We love all pokemon, even those from different worlds" right before UB01 came out.

To me, they reminded of the code names they used in Pokemon Collessum and XD Gale of Darkness. The Code name for Shadow Lugia was XD001.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Valid point. It is worth thinking about whether or not we are going to face off against them. It's something I've been scratching my head about, because if they aren't technically Pokemon, then what in the heck are they? :s I'm thinking they must have some type of some sort if they aren't human or Pokemon.

Unless we don't really battle them or whatever, but yeah.

I do find your estimation of 10-20 more Alola forms intriguing, though. :o I do hope this turns out to be the case; I'd want a decent mix of new Pokemon and Alola forms to make for an exciting journey!

I meant to reply a lot sooner. Currently we have 10. I know a lot of the leaks said 27 or 28, but they could have said that wrong on purpose. I said 10 more because that would give us a total of 20, and this is the 20th Ann of pokemon. Anything beyond that is going off of those leaks that said 27 or so. Although I am not sure if any of those are debunked.

I do not think pokemon who have Megas will get one. Mainy because, that is a lot of work and they would have to come up with brand new megas. I know we do not know if they return, but I am going to assume they are returning, although we may not have any new ones yet. I also want to rule out Pokemon who have evolutions in other generations. Because currently, it only seems like pokemon that do not have connection, unless a baby form, with other Generations don't have one.

I also don't want to rule out the fact that some Kanto Pokemon just because they have been posted on the main site, or have normal forms in the game. We do not know where the overworld pokemon have come from.

This is a list of Kanto Pokemon who, in my opinion, are still fair game for getting Alolans: And I am considering this new pokemon, as they basically are. But if you wish to move them an Alolan Form thread, please do.

Spoiler:

So there is still over 40 possible Alolan Pokemon that we could get. Now I know all of them aren't going to get Alolans, but as you can see, there is still a large possibility even with as many evolution and megas we have had with them. Some of them I just seriously doubt, like Ditto and the pokemon who just became part Fairy. And Ditto can already adapt to a great extent.

Zervais

Island Kahuna
    Years
    On the topic of Ultra-Beasts, I believe them to be aliens. Creatures found before and once dubbed Pokemon until their true nature was revealed. They were too strong to be Pokemon, rivalling legendaries, so they were called Ultra-Beasts.

The Aether foundation is a group of scientists who wish to study these beasts, perhaps even trying to capture them. I can actually see them luring the UBs to Alola and that's why they appear from portals.

I also believe that one of the UBs took on the basic appearance of Lillie because that was the first thing it saw when coming to Alola. I don't think UB-01 is dangerous but UB-02 (and any others) is.

Just a theory though.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    With the new trailer for the anime, it is shown that Kiawe, the guy with the Alolan Marwahk in games, seems to have a Tortanator. That seems pretty strong for the start of a saga like that. It could be that he is just borrowing it, but this could mean Tortanator is a stand alone pokemon or actually evolves.

Last edited:
    Back