• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    Yungoos evolution... Man-goos is really Donald Trump and will be wonder traded every time.

The Grass mantis pokemon has a cool Solarblade attack, but looks odd

Oricorio bird pokemons are fun and make me think of birds of paradise, but I will end up wanting the fire one

pre-evo to Mudsdale is cute and necessary since Mudsdale is a Giant, but not necessarily a fave.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I was right with Mudsdale which I am glad. Would have been a little bit disappointed if it was a single stage pokemon.

I like the concept of Minior, but not a fan. I am usually not a fan of rock pokemon though. The only rock type I have ever really liked was Roggenrola and its line. I am thinking it possibly might have an evolution, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't.

I really love Fomantis and Lurantis. I love their art.

Oricorio, I really don't care for. I love flying types, but really not a fan of these. I do love the Ghost type one though. And I am glad flying is getting some love like it needed.

With the new count, not including Alolan pokemon, we now have about 55 known pokemon, but not all have been reveled, plus a number of the new pokemon have different forms which is considered a different pokemon.

I am still hoping for at least 110 pokemon, but I think 90 would be fine if we got a large number of these Alolan Pokemon, if we are able to catch both forms.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2017
    I was trying to see where the origin of Lorantis came from and found out about Mantis Shrimp in Hawaii. Please let there be a Pokemon based on it.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'm actually surprised that Mudsdale has a pre-evolution, I considered it to be similar to Tauros and Miltank. I've never really been one to use single staged Pokemon but considering Mudsdale has a pre evo, I may just use it now.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I was trying to see where the origin of Lorantis came from and found out about Mantis Shrimp in Hawaii. Please let there be a Pokemon based on it.

I think it's based off of the orchid mantis :) Google image link here if you wanna see more. This would explain the -antis in the name.
    New Pokémon

(bad image, but I just took a comparison one off of Google instead of making my own)

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'm actually surprised that Mudsdale has a pre-evolution, I considered it to be similar to Tauros and Miltank. I've never really been one to use single staged Pokemon but considering Mudsdale has a pre evo, I may just consider using it now.

I'm surprised there were people who thought Mudsdale wouldn't have a pre-evolution.

I thought it was more relatable to Rapidash and Zebstrika. (since one is a horse and the other is closely related)

Sgt. Heracross

I Heracross my heart that I'm better than the rest
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I just want Litten's evolution to be on four paws!!!!!

Right?! I'm seriously glad I'm not the only one who thinks Litten shouldn't suddenly get up and start walking like what happened to Tepig or Fennekin.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    I was surprised to see a pre-evo for Mudsdale! Like others said, I felt this Pokemon mor elike Miltank, Tauros and Bouffalant.

I really love the new form of older Pokemon. I only hope we can see as much of the old version than the new one. I wonder how it will impact the breeding... If it does.

blue

gucci
    Years
    I'd love for the next one to be a Poison-type Eeveelution buuut I don't think we'll be getting any new evolutions for Eevee, atleast in S/M. It was practically confirmed with that recent trailer that showcased the evolutions for Eevee on the Pokedex.

Years
    I'd love for the next one to be a Poison-type Eeveelution buuut I don't think we'll be getting any new evolutions for Eevee, atleast in S/M. It was practically confirmed with that recent trailer that showcased the evolutions for Eevee on the Pokedex.

There was a leak that said Marshadow could be a Psychic/Poison-type (previously hinted at having a unique typing) and Poison is still the only type to have not had a natural legendary so I do hope it happens.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    There has been another leak that is a bit more reliable that says we will have 120+ Pokemon. This is yet to be confirmed but the leak has been really accurate thus far, but that is something to talk about in the Leaks Thread.

Anyway, this is where we are standing at now. With the Mid Month News out of the way. This is what we have so far.

60 to 68 New Pokemon Confirmed but not revealed.
    9 Alolan Forms, Persain probably has one.

Types: (Including Alolan Note: May miscount)
    7 Normal
    6 Electric
    6 Fairy
    6 Ghost
    6 Grass
    5 Bug
    5 Psychic
    5 Steel
    5 Water
    4 Fire
    4 Flying (Oricorio counted once for flying)
    4 Ground
    4 Ice
    2 Dragon
    2 Fighting
    2 Rock
    1 Dark
    1 Poison

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    I saw a bird last year that I thought looked really interesting. It's called the "Kagu" and locals refer to it as the "Ghost of the Forest". So I could see it being a Ghost/Flying type.

Spoiler:

I fell in love with the idea of a Pokemon based off this bird straight away.

New Pokémon

DID YOU JUST PREDICT THE FUTURE.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I don't think we're getting new Eevee evolutions this time around... or new evolutions in general, let's be real. I do want to see a Poison legendary, though.

Years
    I don't think we're getting new Eevee evolutions this time around... or new evolutions in general, let's be real. I do want to see a Poison legendary, though.

I know the no new Eeveelutions was already confirmed in a Japanese trailer due to Eevee's Pokedex registration showing 8 Poke Ball symbols around Eevee. And I also do believe no new evolutions for older Pokemon since it has been three generations since it was last a thing, and while I do want a Poison-type legendary the problem is recent rumors have been pointing away from that direction.

Guess we'll have to wait for 8th Gen then for our Poison legendary...

blue

gucci
    Years
    It's unlikely, but I wouldn't totally rule out existing Pokemon getting the odd evolution. When Gen IV introduced the cross-regional evolutions, there were only 3 generations of Pokemon behind it and even then we got quite a large amount of new evolutions. It's the same for Gen VII, there are a further 3 generations behind S/M which could allow for a couple of evolutions for past Pokemon. I feel like there are quite a few Pokemon, particularly from Unova and Kalos that could do with at least one evo/pre-evo.

Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2018
    Sort of glad they aren't doing more eeveelutions this gen. Could you imagine the number if they added in mixed types?

That said, would be very funny to add in a Normal eeveelution that learns conversion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2017
    Do you all think there is any chance of Alolan forms of the Eeveelutions? I can't recall if they've shown any of Eevee's evolutions in the trailers yet (actually I think Umbreon was shown in a Japanese trailer), so maybe there's a chance they can add new Eevee types without technically introducing new Pokemon.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Anyone think that its possible for Lunatone and Solrock to get a shared pre-evo?

Since the games are Sun & Moon I'm hoping they get atleast some sort of acknowledgement. I think a pre-evo that evolves into either Solrock or Lunatone depending on whether it is day or night respectively would work quite well. It would make those two much more viable considering they are two Pokemon that could be classed as underrated.

Back