• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Snoopyfish

10% Dog - 90% Fish
Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2016
    Give me some good dog and cat Pokémon and I'll be good.
    Maybe a dog I can use in competitive battling?
    Eh?
    A dog like 10% Zygarde.

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I need some legendaries with more awesome backstories. Magearna is certainly intriguing but there could be more. How about some new legendaries explaining dark matter? Or gravity? They could make a fundamental forces trio or something.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think that's too dark for Pokemon considering some of the Pokedex entries they have for certain Pokemon lol.
    I guess the term faint would be better.

Tbh most people don't pay attention to the Pokedex. Still that'll make a Pokemon dislike the owner. SO the other option (which won't make the Pokemon hate its owner) is to visit the graveyard at night with a certain item and get into a battle. After that the Pokemon becomes the undead! A logical and less risky way to do so. :)

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • But Psyduck is listed as the "Duck Pokémon" (okay, that is like the worst argument ever, I know), but still it's not really platypus-y, I'm missing the tail. :(

I think she meant Golduck.

I'd like to see a trio-line koala Pokemon. Maybe Grass & Fairy type.

+ A normal type dog Pokemon who looks exactly like a regular white dog...
    who evolves into a Ghost & Dark type Anubis!

The evolution method would require the Pokemon to die in a way. Maybe to faint in a certain place or while holding a certain item.

But we already have Lucario, who is based on Anubis.

I'd like to see more pokémon with extreme evolutions. Maybe one whose first evo is a little inoffensive tentacle that with a ton of levels transforms into Cthulhu.

Years
  • I wonder what the electric rodent will be this time around. A cabybara? A beaver?

Since Spinda doesn't look much like a red panda I think it would be okay for there to be a new 'mon based on the same animal. I don't think it's likely - I don't think it's likely that Spinda gets a Mega in the first place - but I'd be pretty happy if they did introduce a new one that was redder and fluffier looking.
    Its a Brown Panda

What I need
    • Silverfish - Bug/Poison
    • Sea Pig - Water
    • Burrowing Owl - Ground/Flying
    • Mermaid *not an eel with bras* - Water/Fairy
    • Coconut Bomb - Grass/Fire
    • Mussel - Water/Steel
    • Rover *Robot* - Steel
    • Spy Drone - Steel/Flying
    • Zen Lynx - Psychic

Thepowaofhax

Spectre
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2017
    Its a Brown Panda

What I need
    • Silverfish - Bug/Poison
    • Sea Pig - Water
    • Burrowing Owl - Ground/Flying
    • Mermaid *not an eel with bras* - Water/Fairy
    • Coconut Bomb - Grass/Fire
    • Mussel - Water/Steel
    • Rover *Robot* - Steel
    • Spy Drone - Steel/Flying
    • Zen Lynx - Psychic
    I'm sorry, but the NSA shouldn't be spying on people playing Pokemon. Still though, it would be a nice idea, same for the Coconut Bomb.

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2016
    what I need are more dragons. Dragon starters, dragon bosses, dragons talking, dragons ruling the world, and of course I want them all to be over powered so we can all stand back in awe and praise the dragons!!!

Years
  • I'm sorry, but the NSA shouldn't be spying on people playing Pokemon. Still though, it would be a nice idea, same for the Coconut Bomb.
    Lol! :D Good one

• Haunted Grave - Ghost/Rock
    • Sand dollar wielding shrimp - Water/Ground
    • Cactus Owl - Grass/Water
    • Pink Fairy Armodillo - Ground/Fairy
    • Cockatrice - Fighting/Steel

Years
  • would love for the fossils to be dinosaurs once more.

Maybe a raptor and triceratops, or something?

I just hope the regional bird ends up being something strong/awesome like Staraptor and Talonflame.

I hope for more poison and bug types than we got in gen 6, nothing specific though.

I don't think we'll ever get 100+ pokemon in a generation again, but I hope I'm wrong.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I'm hoping they'll bring a few more new type combos into creation! I think an electric/dark pokemon in particular would be very cool. I also second that I'd love to see more prehistoric creatures such as dinosaurs, being used in designs. Maybe some creatures similar to the Loch Ness monster or strange hybrid combinations (bird and giraffe?) could be interesting too.

I'm pretty excited to see what they'll come up with though. I'm almost certain there's going to be a lot of new fairy types but another thing I'd like to see an early game bug that evolves into something that people would be more interested in using. The problem I find with bugs is that they fall off in comparison to other pokemon really fast so something even a bit stronger would be really good!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Maybe a Pokémon based on an Asray, a kind of water fairy from Northwestern European lore. It can be Water/Fairy, perhaps it can be a legendary too, one who lives in a lake similar to the lake trio.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    I'd really like some new fairy types, TBH. I'm counting on nintendo to not make a completely new type and just abandon it, so I have high hopes (with fairy being my favorite, after all).

pkmin3033

Thinking on it, one thing I hope they do for the Legendaries of the region is draw inspiration from a wider array of mythology for their inspiration - go a little further abroad culturally, rather than sticking to more well-known ones. I'd also hope for more than six Legendaries this time around...yes, the larger the number of Legendaries in a generation, the less special they feel, but as someone who loves seeing the mythological inspiration in their designs I hope they have at least nine or ten Legendaries this time around. Six in Gen VI just wasn't enough, especially when you consider half of them weren't available in the games. Legendaries form a huge part of a region's culture and backstory, so I'd like a few more as a way of painting a more interesting picture of the region.

...don't ask me what mythology I want them to use, though. Sure, I'd like the biblical references because I think it'd be amusing, and the Omega Pokemon for that symmetry as I stated in an earlier post, but for the region's back story itself...I dunno. Maybe something Aztec?

Also, I would LOVE some more Pokemon based on Nazca lines. Sigilyph is one of my favourite Gen V Pokemon.

...and no more monkeys. I'm fed up with monkeys. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Thinking on it, one thing I hope they do for the Legendaries of the region is draw inspiration from a wider array of mythology for their inspiration - go a little further abroad culturally, rather than sticking to more well-known ones. I'd also hope for more than six Legendaries this time around...yes, the larger the number of Legendaries in a generation, the less special they feel, but as someone who loves seeing the mythological inspiration in their designs I hope they have at least nine or ten Legendaries this time around. Six in Gen VI just wasn't enough, especially when you consider half of them weren't available in the games. Legendaries form a huge part of a region's culture and backstory, so I'd like a few more as a way of painting a more interesting picture of the region.

...don't ask me what mythology I want them to use, though. Sure, I'd like the biblical references because I think it'd be amusing, and the Omega Pokemon for that symmetry as I stated in an earlier post, but for the region's back story itself...I dunno. Maybe something Aztec?

Also, I would LOVE some more Pokemon based on Nazca lines. Sigilyph is one of my favourite Gen V Pokemon.

...and no more monkeys. I'm fed up with monkeys. Just thought I'd toss that out there.
    The weather trio draws influence from Hebrew biblical beasts, and the lines on their body appear to draw influence from Nazca lines, so there's those. Rayquaza itself might also draw inspiration from Quetzalcoatl, which is said to share some similarities to Jesus, and we all know how in Delta Episode Rayquaza came off as a messianic Pokémon. Also, the Kami trio might be based on Aztec gods.

I'll like Pokémon based on more tales. We got Emboar and Infernape who were based on Journey to the West. Perhaps we can get some based on the Arabian Nights.

MarioManH

top kek
    Years
  • I have no idea what kind of Pokemon will be introduced. Hell, in XY we got FLOATING SWORDS. The only major hope I have is that they add an abundance of new Pokemon, mainly because XY didn't introduce that many new Pokemon compared to previous generations.

Back