• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Pokémon

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Saw those fakes on Pokejungle.
    Spoiler:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Couple of pokemon I'd like to see;

1. Dolphin (Water/Dark)
    2. Turkey (Normal/Flying) + broken fossil piece = equals Velociraptor (Rock/Dark)

I'll add some more when I come up with them.

That would make the Dolphin mon Sharpedo's counterpart which would be unfortunate. I've always thought that if we'd ever get a Dolphin mon (insane not having one after six generations and the fact that they've already repeated similar species....) it would be unique and not like anything else in terms of typing and design. I guess I'm a fan of it being a starter because at least it couldn't really be compared to anything else (none of the other starters are really when you think about it).

Definitely on board with a Turkey. Gobble gobble.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2018
    That would make the Dolphin mon Sharpedo's counterpart which would be unfortunate. I've always thought that if we'd ever get a Dolphin mon (insane not having one after six generations and the fact that they've already repeated similar species....) it would be unique and not like anything else in terms of typing and design. I guess I'm a fan of it being a starter because at least it couldn't really be compared to anything else (none of the other starters are really when you think about it).

Definitely on board with a Turkey. Gobble gobble.

What I was going for with the dolphin is that, appearance-wise, it would look friendly and playful but actually has a real nasty dark side to it, much like real dolphins.* Hence the typing.

*(Google it, if you DARE!)

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really want to see an Asian Black Bear. They are fluffy bears with long fur. And they are also called Moon Bears. These are found in the Himalayas.

There is also another type of bear which lives in Southeast Asia that is called a Sun Bear.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I really want to see an Asian Black Bear. They are fluffy bears with long fur. And they are also called Moon Bears. These are found in the Himalayas.

There is also another type of bear which lives in Southeast Asia that is called a Sun Bear.

I could go for a bear theme. Sun bear looks like my dog so IF it appears I definitely know what I'm calling it.

That aside, I think anything that is remotely related to the sun or the moon has a chance of appearing. These are the first games that have a name that really stands out. X and Y were DNA, yes, but Sun and Moon are more direct: they're actually something that a lot of things are based around. So I think a good majority of the roster is going to be made up of stuff that relates exactly to the sun and the moon.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2016
    This list is based off the rumor of the games being based in Hawaii.

Rock/Electric – Multiple rocks held together with an electric charge which surrounds the Pokémon. To be found on top of a volcano due to the lightning caused from the eruption of a volcano and will have the ability Levitate. Two-stage evolution.

Lei – Grass/Fairy – Don't know how it will happen, could potentially be a fairy Pokémon wearing a lei.

Tiki – Normal – Seems synonymous with the region.
    Dolphin – Water/Psychic – Seems synonymous with the region and it's about time we got one.

Mahi-mahi – Water/Normal – Seems synonymous with the region and their colorful patterns would look sick on a Pokémon.

Aeo > Flamingo – Water/Flying – The aeo is native to Hawaii and has similar features to a flamingo, but is much smaller so it would work nicely as a first-stage evolution.

More bat-like bat – Dark/Flying – We have the Zubat, Woobat and Noibat lines, but none of them really look like an actual bat. The hoary bat is native to Hawaii.

Whale shark – Water/? – Hawaii is home to the whale shark and I feel there's a lot of whale and shark Pokémon so this could be a nice addition for the two.

Swordfish – Water/Steel – If the region is based on Hawaii you can guarantee there's going to be a bunch of new fish, so why not get as many ones as possible.

Shark – Water/Ghost or Fire/Ghost – Make a shark Pokémon with deteriorating skin and a boney appearance. One version of it can be found in volcanic areas, the other in the ocean.

Assassin bug – Bug/Dark – This bug looks amazing and could be a deadly attacker with high speed.

Wallaby – Fighting/? – Basically a smaller kangaroo and would have a specialty for kicking moves. Could add a secondary rock typing if it is based off the Brush Tailed Rock Wallaby.

Poison dart frog – Poison – Like Vivillon, it's appearance will change depending on where in the world you caught it.

Years
  • I'm hoping the games are based off of Hawaii or at least tropical islands.

Zangoose Mega Evo (Fighting/Normal?) (assuming they are done with evolving old Pokemon)

Lots of birds. Birds are numerous on tropical islands/Hawaii. However, there are already a ton of flying types.

Lots of fish! However, water is already the most common type out of the eighteen!! Oh no..

Frogs, insects, happy face spider :). I predict a spider for the bug type, but I guess it could be a walking stick or a mantis.

NightmareClown

NightmareClown
    Years
  • I have been digging up as much pokemon sun and moon info as I can... BUT!

The sources definately arnt all reliable so I am only going to list one... THE NEW WEIRD WOOKPEAKER TYPE BIRD THINGY!!!

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I have been digging up as much pokemon sun and moon info as I can... BUT!

The sources definately arnt all reliable so I am only going to list one... THE NEW WEIRD WOOKPEAKER TYPE BIRD THINGY!!!

It's the only pokemon we have confirmed atm, but with no info.

It looks like a woodpecker, but could be a red crested Cardinal( I believe that's the name), which is native to Hawaii.

Furthering that connection.

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
    Years
  • I'd personally love to see an off the wall type, like Dragon/Bug or Dragon/Fairy.

Maybe a Dragonfly, but more intense than Yanma for the Dragon/Bug.

The Dragon/Fairy one would be really cool if it was the smallest dragon available, really fast with a high special attack.

I'd also love to see a new inanimate object pokemon, like a crossbow (steel/normal) or something like that.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    So, found two really good looking ideas, dunno if real or not, most likely not as the source has very little credibility. But these make me wish I designed them myself.

They were found on 4chan, so like I said, the credibility of them is extremely low. Just sharing cause I really liked these two.

Attachments

• New Pokémon
      1460191072030.jpg
      63.1 KB · Views: 36
    • New Pokémon
      1460188387270.jpg
      71.3 KB · Views: 34
    Last edited:
    Years
  • I have to admit that pumpkin Pokemon does look good, but I probably don't want another one so soon after Pumpkaboo became a thing.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • I was looking through screenshots from the trailer again, and I came across something no one seems to be taking notice of:

New Pokémon
    New Pokémon

It looks a bit like the bird pokemon, but it could be something else entirely. Do you think it's even a pokemon?

Years
  • I am not sure how to decipher that shape at the moment. It looks a little awkward to easily picture what it could be.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I was looking through screenshots from the trailer again, and I came across something no one seems to be taking notice of:

New Pokémon
    New Pokémon

It looks a bit like the bird pokemon, but it could be something else entirely. Do you think it's even a pokemon?

I read someone suggest that might be Sun's mascot's shape. It does look like the bird we saw in the trailer to me too.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
    Years
  • One thing I hope for is Pokémon that are sorta scary in appearance...

Eelektrik, Eelektross, Stunfisk, Binacle and Barbaracle are just few of the Pokémon that give me the creeps... I love these types of Pokémon even though I can't stand to look at them...

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I like the Sun / Moon bear idea, and since I will believe that the region will be based on Spain until it is proven otherwise, I believe we will also get:
    - A Dolphin Pokemon
    - A Boar Pokemon

Back