• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon [ 8/6/2010 ] & August CocoCoro scans

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
    Well, I know what starter I will be getting - Mijumaru. I definitely like the seasonal concept, it makes Isshu seem much more realistic.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I see it turning into maybe a big Unagi, eel or something.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Pachirisu kinda failed as a Pika Clone to me though. Piplup really took over for Sinnoh. I guess they are going to try this again!

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
    I hope Emonga is stronger than previous Pika clones. They're always cute but usually too weak to keep in your team.
    Pichu was a weaker version of Pikachu, Minun and Plusle are way too weak and their teamwork gimick wasn't enough to make up for it and Pachirisu's stats were abysmal. I actually really like Emonga unlike the other Pika clones so I will probably end up keeping one with me anyway.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Actually, Marill was the main Pikachu-clone of generation 2, tbh.

Bay

Years
    Well, when you think about it, Marill doesn't have those "Pikachu" features like Pachirisu and Emonga does. If anything, Emonga is a Pachirisu clone than a Pikachu clone to me. The body shape of Marill is completely different to that of Pikachu, and the only thing that they may have in common is their tail structure. Other than that, no other real similarities, unless Pikachu gained some pounds here and there.
    Gain some pounds like this? D:

Anywayssssss...eh, to be honest I don't care too much about which Pokemon are the Pika clones and such. If I like a Pokemon, I like a Pokemon. I know some people don't want a Pokemon similar to Pikachu and such, but it doesn't bother me too much if a Pokemon is a Pika clone. I tend not to think about that too much. *shrugs*

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Well, when you think about it, Marill doesn't have those "Pikachu" features like Pachirisu and Emonga does. If anything, Emonga is a Pachirisu clone than a Pikachu clone to me. The body shape of Marill is completely different to that of Pikachu, and the only thing that they may have in common is their tail structure. Other than that, no other real similarities, unless Pikachu gained some pounds here and there.

The body shape of Marill and Pikachu used to be much more similar in early generations. Pikachu looked like the cards in the anime at the beginning.

Pikachu joined Weight Watchers.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't think Emonga will get an evolution, so maybe a pre-evolution next generation, meaning it may become a Pika/Marill clone more so. Then again, that's just how I see it, so yeah.

Years
    I don't think Emonga will get an evolution, so maybe a pre-evolution next generation, meaning it may become a Pika/Marill clone more so. Then again, that's just how I see it, so yeah.

do you see any pachirisu evo possibilities in Emonga? i think i may just be seeing what i want to see, but hey.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    I don't see any evolutionary potential in Emonga either, which makes me sad, since I love it and would like to have a reason to keep it in my in-game team other than 'it's cute' :c. You never know, of course, but it looks fairly complete to me, and Pachirisu didn't evolve either. It's awesome enough as it is tbh. B) If it learns Fly, though, I'll stick with it. Since it is a flying squirrel and a Flying-type, though not all Flying-types learn Fly. Here's hoping.

Back