• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2023
I think it's a pre-evo -weird-

But omgggg, it is adorable. I love it.

Oh my, if it is a pre evolution, then I think other incredibly weak pokemon deserve incredibly weak evolutions as well. I want my sunkern and smeargle pre evolution.

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
Years
okay Obvious Luvdisc Evolution

and People it's based off a Sunfish

ocean-sunfish.jpg

and those things aren't the cutest Fish in the Universe either =P

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
...actually nvm, looking at an actual Luvdisc has made me agree with the evolution people. :(

I guess it was just the size of it in the screenshot. And Luck. It isn't weak. D:

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Same shape, Same blush marks under it's eyes, same color. Yep it is defiantly a Luvdisc evolution.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I want a giant evolution for Sunflora that's Grass/fire, and it's stats are high which would be ironic considering Sunkern has the lowest stats in the game :(...

Years
I will laugh my ass off if it has like 580 base stats.

But yeah, that thing could become very annoying, I think it will have Swift Swim and Marvel Scale/Cute Charm as ablities.

Probably it will be quite slow unlike Luvdisc since Sunfishes aren't exactly fastest fishes in the sea, I think it will have quite high defence and great special attack.

And because Sunfishes diet is Jellyfish, there is probably new Jellyfish Pokémon or simply old TENTACOOL (yay!), so there is live stock for this Luvdisc evo. Let's see how far my deduction lasts :P

Years
I will laugh my ass off if it has like 580 base stats.

But yeah, that thing could become very annoying, I think it will have Swift Swim and Marvel Scale/Cute Charm as ablities.

Probably it will be quite slow unlike Luvdisc since Sunfishes aren't exactly fastest fishes in the sea, I think it will have quite high defence and great special attack.

And because Sunfishes diet is Jellyfish, there is probably new Jellyfish Pokémon or simply old TENTACOOL (yay!), so there is live stock for this Luvdisc evo. Let's see how far my deduction lasts :P
I think that too, I see it's SA or Attack (odd but possible) to rise, as well as it's defenses :)
Yay than it can eat all the Tentacool in Hoenn :P

Jaiyke

Dog Wizard
Years
NEVER MIND!!
i was wrong >=3 it's not based off A Sunfish
it's based off Mugi from K-On! impression of a Sunfish~ <3

mugi-and-the-ocean-sunfish.jpg

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012
First off, name suggestion: Valentide. Calling it now.

Second... dear lord. This changes everything. The fact that Luvdisc, of all things, is apparently getting an evolution pretty much means anything can happen with these games now. This is a pretty cool surprise (though the people insisting Oha Suta went and Photoshopped it are giving me some laughs as well). Oh, and Gigaiasu? I approve of it wholeheartedly.

Years
First off, name suggestion: Valentide. Calling it now.

Second... dear lord. This changes everything. The fact that Luvdisc, of all things, is apparently getting an evolution pretty much means anything can happen with these games now. This is a pretty cool surprise (though the people insisting Oha Suta went and Photoshopped it are giving me some laughs as well). Oh, and Gigaiasu? I approve of it wholeheartedly.
That's a good name but sounds like the english version for it :).

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Looks pretty cool. I can't wait to see it's official art. The Luvdisc evo theory would seem to match, and I wouldn't have a problem with it. I've never used a Luvdisc myself though, but maybe this will give me a reason to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back