• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Pokemon "Mamanbō" Revealed on Oha Suta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 24, 2012

That's a good name but sounds like the english version for it :).
Oh, that's what I meant. I quite like Mamanbo for the Japanese version, but I just thought I'd throw out a guess on the English one. Or at the very least a nickname for the people who don't want to use the Japanese names. Could go either way, I suppose.

I just want to learn more about this thing, especially how it evolves. Maybe knowing that heart-shaped move Koromori has...?

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I'm assuming that the fins are like that of an angelfish, flowy and thin. Or like a Discus which would make more sense:
images

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2015
EPIC WIN!

Luvdisc just became an uber :P

now all we need is Dunsparce to Evolve!
come on Quetzalcoatl!

p.s. the crystal thingy was named in the video too :P

TheReal

Epic Member
Years
Have anyone said already that it's Luvdisc evo? Just because it is.
I've said in a post in another thread that there would be some evo's of pokémons of other generations. My theory is becoming real. Just wait for the another things.
Also, Luvdisc/thisnewthing won't be the new Tentacool/cruel.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Have anyone said already that it's Luvdisc evo? Just because it is.
I've said in a post in another thread that there would be some evo's of pokémons of other generations. My theory is becoming real. Just wait for the another things.
Also, Luvdisc/thisnewthing won't be the new Tentacool/cruel.
We never said it was going to be the new tentacool/cruel we just said that it would eat them up because it's based on a Sunfish which are known to eat Jellyfish :).

TheReal

Epic Member
Years
We never said it was going to be the new tentacool/cruel we just said that it would eat them up because it's based on a Sunfish which are known to eat Jellyfish :).

Oh ok, can we also have a Zubat eater now? Please GameFreak :)

(I didn't said this on my other post, but this new pokémon.. won't become popular for sure)

Years
I hoping for more evo's of "gimmick" pokemon :)!

Oh ok, can we also have a Zubat eater now? Please GameFreak :)

(I didn't said this on my other post, but this new pokémon.. won't become popular for sure)
What eats vampire bats?
Well it's popular for me, I want it :)!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Definitely a Luvdisc evolution, as everyone has said. It's too fish-like for me, though. I've never liked any fish Pokemon.

Too bad, I actually liked Luvdisc's design.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Very interesting. I hope they keep the ~10%-don't evolve ratio, though. Maybe gummybear and goth-thing make up for it.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
Luvdisc evo gets my seal of approval despite his hand-shaped fins. XD

It's about time the poor thing is used for something other than collecting Heart Scales. XD

Years
Luvdisc evo gets my seal of approval despite his hand-shaped fins. XD

It's about time the poor thing is used for something other than collecting Heart Scales. XD
It gets my seal as well :)
Yeah it needs to be more powerful!...what if this evolution has a giant heart scale item?...like the mushrooms...

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2011
I'm thinking that maybe only female Luvdisc can evolve into this new pokemon. Just my 2 cents...

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
It gets my seal as well :)
Yeah it needs to be more powerful!...what if this evolution has a giant heart scale item?...like the mushrooms...

A Big Heart Scale that does what? Allows you to reteach moves in perpetuity? No. Just no.

I can see it have an innate ability (not a Special Ability) to make (regular) Heart Scales, like the way Shuckle can transform Berries in Berry Juice. Basically, an infinite supply of Heart Scales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back