• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    You tried asking one of the elite rom-hackers?
    Of course. Many of friends that are helping me can script, all I need to do is ask. So, I guess I don't need to work on scripting anymore, but I should anyway.
    Well, there ain't one out yet, it's only a minor (PREVIEW).
    Just shows you how the character looks and how the starter town looks like.
    Unless you want to use the WalkThrough walls code and explore more, but it'll basically be the same thing as ruby/sapphire/emerald.
    I'm going to remove the preview soon. I got something better than that crap coming up, when? I won't say. I think it's about time to show some new screenshots. The things I've been holding out on.

But, what do you want to see? Battle screens, maps, events? Just name it! Well, see you guys tomorrow.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • I want to see all of those things haha

At least contribute something more, that post really sucks in detail :P

I want to see battles, maps and events though, just like Furanki Pkmn Master, but only if you can handle the stress and ignore all the people going "WE WANT THE BETA NOW" and all that.

Don't put any legendaries in early though, that would really suck.
    Maybe the first Gym leader, and all that, then a few more battles, and possibly a badmouthing Treecko telling you can't play anymore. :D
    What I would like to see is good quality, and original details, but seeing as you already have that in your first page, I have to say yay. BIG YAY.

Well, anyways, I don't like how a bit of the tiles are really dependant on Kyledove's tileset, but I like the way you changed the pallete. Maybe make some of your own tiles, like trivial details, or something?

Well, 7.5/10 in short, I'm too lazy to make a proper review. :P

Keep going, and don't give up~

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • Scripting isn't as easy as I thought it was, I don't see how you guys do it really. This might be the first thing I ever quit on. I know enough, but I want to find out new things in making scripts, but it's no walk in the park.:(

Welcome to my world Treecko! :laugh: (And you are just in phase 1, phase 2 is when you need to fix problems with the scripts... lol :laugh:)
    But, I'd suggest you to keep trying. If you already know some stuff, then start scripting. Eventually, you'll get to know the game more, and your scriptings skills will increase!

Well... Keep things to a rythm you can handle, and things will turn out fine. Meanwhile we'll take care of the rushing people, so they learn that good hacks take quite a time to be achieved.

Hmmm... Green Charizard is a part of GP (Galaxy Productions for inner :D), does that mean you could try to make new music for Moon/Sun? (I remember him doing some stuff with his hack back then, so it may be a possibility, as long as he isn't busy with his Aluminium)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Welcome to my world Treecko! :laugh: (And you are just in phase 1, phase 2 is when you need to fix problems with the scripts... lol :laugh:)
    But, I'd suggest you to keep trying. If you already know some stuff, then start scripting. Eventually, you'll get to know the game more, and your scriptings skills will increase!

Well... Keep things to a rythm you can handle, and things will turn out fine. Meanwhile we'll take care of the rushing people, so they learn that good hacks take quite a time to be achieved.

Hmmm... Green Charizard is a part of GP (Galaxy Productions for inner :D), does that mean you could try to make new music for Moon/Sun? (I remember him doing some stuff with his hack back then, so it may be a possibility, as long as he isn't busy with his Aluminium)

Nice piece of encouragement Zel, it makes me cry...
    Just joking, it's good for you Treecko, i don't even have any Scripting skills.

You'll get there someday with Scripting.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • if only all the hack naggers in the world learned to sprite...

scripting sounds like a toughie. good luck with all that ;)

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    At least contribute something more, that post really sucks in detail :P

I want to see battles, maps and events though, just like Furanki Pkmn Master, but only if you can handle the stress and ignore all the people going "WE WANT THE BETA NOW" and all that.

Don't put any legendaries in early though, that would really suck.
    Maybe the first Gym leader, and all that, then a few more battles, and possibly a badmouthing Treecko telling you can't play anymore. :D
    What I would like to see is good quality, and original details, but seeing as you already have that in your first page, I have to say yay. BIG YAY.

Well, anyways, I don't like how a bit of the tiles are really dependant on Kyledove's tileset, but I like the way you changed the pallete. Maybe make some of your own tiles, like trivial details, or something?

Well, 7.5/10 in short, I'm too lazy to make a proper review. :P

Keep going, and don't give up~
    Yep, I know about the tiles. I'm making some too, but it's taking so freaking long because I want them to be perfect. Oh well, I'll keep at that.
    Welcome to my world Treecko! :laugh: (And you are just in phase 1, phase 2 is when you need to fix problems with the scripts... lol :laugh:)

Green Charizard is a very big help, he's done quite a bit of stuff for me, I appreciate that. He told me something about helping me with the music, but we didn't speak too much about it. Darn it, gotta go to bed.

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
  • Are you going to change all the trainers? Or just leave some as they are and change the IMPORTANT people?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • davidm, there's no Beta yet, since Treecko is working on it, and he'll release it once he feels it is good enough for our "exquisite taste" O.o

Also, it'll be while since he also has to convince all of his NPCs (and signposts...) that "Treecko doesn't suck!" :laugh: (Sorry, internal joke... :P)

lol

Last edited:

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Are you going to change all the trainers? Or just leave some as they are and change the IMPORTANT people?
    Yep, they'll all be changed.
    someone tell me what page the latest beta is out pleaseeeee
    The beta/preview I put up was removed. It's just a walk around the 1st town, so I think it's useless.

One more question for whoever wants to answer. Do you think I should add the D/P Pokemon, or not?

Last edited:

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012
    I say Fakemon but if your not doing that then D/P Pokemon

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • Sure, add the new Pokemon, as long as they don't suck and don't look like huge eyeballs from space :(

Anyways, for that, maybe you should put a poll or something, that asks whether you want D/P Pokemon or not. That way, people might put in more answers or something :D

Good luck on your hack, and don't put in "Treecko Sucks" or whatever. That's just cruelty to Treeckos. :(

*gets arrested by the Cruel Treecko Rights of America CTRA*

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
  • One more question for whoever wants to answer. Do you think I should add the D/P Pokemon, or not?

Let me bring up something which maybe has been forgotten...

Hiroshi Sotomura from rhw.11 said:
    The game's fine, its storyline's okay, but most of it seems to be about the next-generation of Pokémon. Why is that? Stats, attack names, full names... Most of it is vague and implementation of correct moves and proper evolution is hardly anything possible. What about the Pokémon's cry? No, sticking Pokémon from a previous generation is a very bad idea.

Which means that putting D/P Pokemon is gonna be A LOT of work, and most likely there'll be impossible to do things. However, the deal is that... I wouldn't care if there were differences...
    If you (or your team) are up to suffer the pain of making the D/P Poke part of your game, then go ahead.

However, if you ask for my opinion, I'd only put a few (mainy the starters and perhaps the legendaries, and nothing else, to avoid having to deal with those pokes with weird evos. And, about the moves? Just give'em similar moves, nobody will care about it) That's it... my opinion. Now it's your move...

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2008
    yeah i say put the d/p pokemon in bcoz no complete hack has them yet so you'd b the first success.

Years
    • Age 59
    • Seen Aug 3, 2019
    I suggest you just use the ??? slots for some of the new Pokemon (preferably the evolutions of some older ones). After all, inserting all new Pokemon will definitely be a pain for you...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back