• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: (NEW) Pokemon: Moon/Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Hey guys, I don't have much time right now to answer some stuff. But I do want to ask a qusetion to you. Quite a few people wanted me to do the hacks on a different ROM. What should I do it on? Keep it on Ruby, or switch to Emerald or FR'LG?

Altaria20

Sorry for my bad english! ^^'
    Years
    Imho, ruby it's ok. With the tileset you use, the bad graphics of ruby change in a wonderful graphics ^^

Edit: mmm however... Emerald have the battle tower..mmm If you think to use it... But put the 4th generetion pokemon in Emerald is possible?or have you problem with the animations?
    But hey, you do what you like.
    eh, it's right ^^

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Hey treeck (mind if I call you treeck?). Well I recently checked out the thread you had made for Moon/Sun's FR hack (don't know how I got there o.o; ) and I personally liked the way it started out, from what I saw on the screenies. I think you should get that same plot and do it on FR. I just don't like the way you get your first poke in Ruby, but if you'll change that then it's fine. The only new thing about FR was the whole tile change (if we include the fact that there was alread RBYG that came out) and since you've got Kyledove's stuff going, then it really wouldn't make a difference. But hey, you do what you like.

Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2007
    i think you should stick to ruby if not i think emerald would be the best alternative

Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2007
    Ruby!

I agree with these guys. ruby looks fine, but if you were to switch to fr or sumfin it would still look kewl cause you rock at hackin XP

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    umm.... you've already almost completely changed the tiles... i mean really, what would be the point in switching? the only big difference between FRLG and RSE are the graphics, and by the looks, you have already fixed that problem, and have already far surpassed the graphical layout of FRLG. i say stick with what you got... unless of course...

you're getting so caught up in implementing all the new tiles that you feel the need to stop. i can understand that. all i can suggest is do what's best... eww that rhymed XD

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Hey guys, I don't have much time right now to answer some stuff. But I do want to ask a qusetion to you. Quite a few people wanted me to do the hacks on a different ROM. What should I do it on? Keep it on Ruby, or switch to Emerald or FR'LG?
    Uhh, how does that benifit you if you do it on a different ROM? Seriously, don't worry about what other people want for your hack - just do whatever you think will benefit you the most.

Xiros

-Pokémon Omega Creator-
    Years
    i recomend u to stay in ruby, becasue emerald is good but it has a few free offsets to repoint tiles and to add scripts (i know because i have hacked emerald and now i am changing it to ruby)
    good luck!

TreeckoLv.100

You can call me Treecko
    Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Nov 17, 2010
    Well the reason I ask this is because alot of people have been asking me: "Why switch from FR? Why not continue with FR or at least Emerald?" So I'll let you all decide which is best. I've been thinking about it and this is what I've come up with so far. Both Emerald and FR have the nationaldex things discovered. I like FR's intro, plus no rumbling at the beginning. Don't worry about the story and it's scripts, everything will be changed. I'm most concerned about the features of the hacks. Emerald's animations are no problem at all, plus that would be a nice thing to have. Also it has the Battle Frontier stuff and the Battle Tent things. Well that's all for now cause I should really get some sleep for school. See you guys later.

Years
    Actually, YOu could just Extend the Rom!! So it's size mite be bigger, but u can add stuff; ie: if ur hacking frlg, you could add jhoto(although it would be tedious and very hard) on top of it! So really, the battle frontier is not much of a problem, and if you hack frlg, u could fuse the deoxys, mew, and lugia/ho-oh maps and make it a frlg frontier!!
    But; since you are using frontier brains and etc. I think it would be wise to stick to emerald. But; if you are looking at the gameplay and smoothness; I think frlg has much more convience..

Years
    NekroBoi, extending the ROM would create a lot of blank space that would be completely unusable, unless Treecko knows how to assembly hack. And also, he would have to distribute the ROM and not the patch, because the ROM bases of a normal ROM and the modified ROM would be completely different.

And Treecko, I still say stick with Ruby.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    NekroBoi said:
    oh yeh... never thought of that; I only know one hack that has extended... and i forgot it = =.. lol

I have extended Plasma Red and Cobalt Blue using Gold Tweak, there are two more you should know now. :laugh:

Choose whatever rom you want to hack TreeckoLv.100, it is your decision.

Whatever you choose I am sure people here will like it.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey, Treecko. I hope you make up your mind soon! Please stick with Ruby, as many others said, and go for it till the end! (you could jump to Emerald, if you wanted, since at least, they use the same pallettes, that could be one worry less, but still, you'd need to build all your tiles again... Not a good deal...) Even when the National Dex becomes a problem, if we need to cheat to make it work as you wanted, we would do so... (Wait... Did I say I was gonna cheat...? NoOoOoOo...!!!)

Let's all stick with the game we chosen! (For some reason, we felt attracted to make our hacks in that chosen game, after all...)

DiamondDust

Life Is An Initial Step...
    Years
    Stick with this. But if you go on a new game try to calculate problems with the game and the datasize of it so you could stop switching or something.

Just an idea.

Kevmaton

Pokéfreak Jr.
    Years
    Ruby is a good game m8. You don't have to change. You are way too far in the flow for giving up. :P

If you want to keep on using Ruby, then you can keep using it. Don't matter what others think, it is your hack!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back