• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Screenshots Released and Big Pokémon Ultra Sun and Moon News Coming

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2021
    In the first trailer they released, with the wingull that started the "Pokemon following you" hype, there is a road that looks really different, with bright red flowers. I was hoping for a few aesthetic changes like that. Wasn't expecting a whole new Alola. Then again, as a "third version" (third and fourth I guess) it makes sense things would be largely the same, plus some added areas

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    so you can't provide any evidence? Or are you too lazy?
    here is MY evidence:
    https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/33909083

I believe his point is that, if you read the bottom of most articles( outside of like opinion pieces and a few select others), or even in the article itself, you'll see we always link to direct sources and credits.

For example in this one,I mentioned the screens are from the website, rather then say I just pulled these out of nowhere.

Another example is the GO articles always liking to a source, usually the silph road since they datamine.

The point is that like the other we always check and have our sources before posting anything.

Now to get back on subject, I'm really curious as to what will happen with Skull this time and if this Alolan Vulpix will actually end up with Lillie because that's twice we've seen one emphasized for the game.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • Now to get back on subject, I'm really curious as to what will happen with Skull this time and if this Alolan Vulpix will actually end up with Lillie because that's twice we've seen one emphasized for the game.

I actually have a feeling that it actually will end up with Lillie. The first time it was seen was in the initial trailer, where it's in what is assumedly the Aether Foundation, and Lillie has links with them, especially considering it's widely known her mother is the president. I think that this Vulpix was raised by them, but somehow escaped and was kidnapped by Team Skull, as evidenced by the scene where the player intervenes to get it back. Maybe we get to care for it like some kind of virtual pet?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I actually have a feeling that it actually will end up with Lillie. The first time it was seen was in the initial trailer, where it's in what is assumedly the Aether Foundation, and Lillie has links with them, especially considering it's widely known her mother is the president. I think that this Vulpix was raised by them, but somehow escaped and was kidnapped by Team Skull, as evidenced by the scene where the player intervenes to get it back. Maybe we get to care for it like some kind of virtual pet?

This could be very plausible and why Lillie has it in the anime.

The Aether scene could maybe even take place after. Perhaps it gets hurt by skull accidentally and Aether comes to save it and maybe Lillie gets it from there but won't start fighting much till much later.

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023
    I still doubt it. New alola forms should be announced a lot earlier..

I mean, not really. Gamefreaks marketing ever since XY has always been, show nothing until a month or two prior to release, and then dropping increasingly big reveals weekly until the game(s) drop.

Also, USUM are far from just being mediocre games. They seem to be almost as good as B2W2.

Them being similar to BW2 is precisely why they're mediocre. I loved BW2, they're my favorite in the series after the original BW and GSC in fact. But part of the reason they were great is that both the concept of the games themselves(dual third version sequels), and many new concepts within them were fresh.

So when USumo comes around and does these eerily similar things, it comes off as uninspired and uninteresting. Necrozma controlling the cover legends? Wonder where we heard that one before? A new evil team in the vein of the originals evil team? Hmmm.

And even ignoring all that, let's be clear about something - expectations should be higher than BW2. BW2 added more than Platinum which added more than Emerald, so on and so forth. When we live in a day and age where in any other franchise this stuff would be DLC, you're darn right they should be stepping up to the plate and delivering far beyond their usual cash grab offerings.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I mean, not really. Gamefreaks marketing ever since XY has always been, show nothing until a month or two prior to release, and then dropping increasingly big reveals weekly until the game(s) drop.

Them being similar to BW2 is precisely why they're mediocre. I loved BW2, they're my favorite in the series after the original BW and GSC in fact. But part of the reason they were great is that both the concept of the games themselves(dual third version sequels), and many new concepts within them were fresh.

So when USumo comes around and does these eerily similar things, it comes off as uninspired and uninteresting. Necrozma controlling the cover legends? Wonder where we heard that one before? A new evil team in the vein of the originals evil team? Hmmm.

And even ignoring all that, let's be clear about something - expectations should be higher than BW2. BW2 added more than Platinum which added more than Emerald, so on and so forth. When we live in a day and age where in any other franchise this stuff would be DLC, you're darn right they should be stepping up to the plate and delivering far beyond their usual cash grab offerings.
    Are you kidding me? USUM and B2W2 are far better than just mediocre. They are amazing games that surpass the games before it. Totally not mediocre.

I am certain we are not getting new alolan forms. It is far too late for any now.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Are you kidding me? USUM and B2W2 are far better than just mediocre. They are amazing games that surpass the games before it. Totally not mediocre.

I am certain we are not getting new alolan forms. It is far too late for any now.

>Saying a game is amazing before it even comes out.

Idk, if we don't get any on the second, I'm confident we won't have any, but until then idk.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    >Saying a game is amazing before it even comes out.

Idk, if we don't get any on the second, I'm confident we won't have any, but until then idk.
    It is pretty obvious USUM are superior to SM in every way. They just have more. I always thought z moves were the priority. Not alolan forms.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • so you can't provide any evidence? Or are you too lazy?
    here is MY evidence:
    https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/33909083

that's not even a direct source lmao how can you argue that the daily doesn't then provide "evidence" that isn't even a primary source. you know that means THE ORIGINAL source right? not someone REPORTING about it? what you have is a secondary source, if you wanted a primary one you should have linked directly to the tweet, which would have been stronger evidence since any screenshot can be faked

anyway, main question: have we seen major outfit changes with the protagonists? I want more clothes options! Also the return of Lando-T, thanks for pointing that out, all I want in this game are apricorn gen 5-6 legendaries, new outfit, and an improved story. Not that hard @_@

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
  • I looked into it and can't find the interview that said "no Alolan form" Only interview I can find are one saying USUM is last 3DS pokemon games and one revealing more info on USUM.

That's because the interview has shown to be sketchy/untrustworthy in nature, as well as seeming to be fishing for attention. Serebii and others agree with this sentiment, therefore we did not report on it. We don't use 4chan as a source for news as we would like to actually have some credibility when news is reported.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    That's because the interview has shown to be sketchy/untrustworthy in nature, as well as seeming to be fishing for attention. Serebii and others agree with this sentiment, therefore we did not report on it. We don't use 4chan as a source for news as we would like to actually have some credibility when news is reported.

^ exactly my point. You can't trust this so-called "no alolan form" interview and is worth much as any rumour from 4chan

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2023

Well, you certainly debunked my thinking! Who could argue with all those ...reasons. And again, since you apparently didn't read it the first time, I think BW2 are fantastic. But they were fantastic because they were both fresh ideas for the time, and had the level of work put into them you'd expect at that point in time. USumo copying their formula almost word for word in 2017, is what I'm not impressed by.

As MUDKIP!!! said, if we don't get them on the second then I don't see it happening either. But it's hard to think of what else qualifies as big news besides them considering what they've revealed thus far.

Also you have to think, according to interviews, the entire BASIS of making Usumo was to try and capture the audience they gained with Pok?mon Go. Needless to say, Alolan forms for gen.1 pokemon, who were the only pokemon in Pok?mon Go when it was big, is a no brainer to accomplish that goal.

Years
  • I'm with BadSamaritan. The reason why S/M sold so many copies was mostly due to the popularity of Pokemon GO, and I think US/UM will probably reach similar figures, especially considering it's the end of an era for Pokemon on handhelds.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm with BadSamaritan. The reason why S/M sold so many copies was mostly due to the popularity of Pokemon GO, and I think US/UM will probably reach similar figures, especially considering it's the end of an era for Pokemon on handhelds.

Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon will likely sell far less. I'm thinking like 2/3rds of SM's numbers.

Joe/Serebii said (on twitter), the usual for enhanced versions is to sell half that of the original.

Back