• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • This looks so exciting! About time we get another anime and one not focusing on Ash is really awesome!

It looks like a similar style to the Black 2 and White 2 trailer. Either way I'm very excited for it. I seriously hope it's a full series and not just a special and really hope it gets dubbed too. If it does get dubbed, hopefully TPCi picks some good voice actors for it. No Sarah Natochenny for Red please.

Awesome poster for it guys!

Spoiler:

Minato Arisato

Memento mori...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 4, 2016
    Oh wow...that video...

I need to go lie down and breathe. That was just...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • At the end it looks like Red is battling Green for the championship, and that Green has Blastoise...maybe that means they plan on dubbing it internationally considering Blastoise was the mascot of Blue which we got as the second part of the pair versions here outside of Japan.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Apparently that poster states that this is a one-off special, not a series. Shame about that, frankly. But it could be a testing of water, so to speak, on how it's received (I imagine well if the animation quality isn't rubbish and full of mistakes).

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I'm most happy that they've actually opted for a more mature art style, but this is a much needed spike into the anime to be honest. I look forward to it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Wait if it's a one-off then where is the "airing wed/sun" coming from and also how long is it going to be d'you think? At least as long as the movies, right?

Treecko

Years
  • Kind of disappointed it's just a special but I will take anything that doesn't have Ash in it. Still excited for this and hopefully it's dubbed. (Though specials never seem to get dubbed. D:)

Years
  • Kind of disappointed it's just a special but I will take anything that doesn't have Ash in it. Still excited for this and hopefully it's dubbed. (Though specials never seem to get dubbed. D:)
    The chronicles did so maybe this one will too...one can hope...

I hope it's as long as a movie...maybe if it receives enough hype the executives or whoever on top will decide to change it into an actual anime.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Wait if it's a one-off then where is the "airing wed/sun" coming from and also how long is it going to be d'you think? At least as long as the movies, right?
    Idk how long it would be, but the official youtube channel, the official site, etc, only lists a single date. Serebii's also reporting it as such. I suppose that other thing is just a misinformed piece of info or false rumour.

But to think, Ash took about 50 (?) episodes in the anime to get his Charizard, and this Red will get his probably within an hour. And he'll probably keep it too. ;p

Years
  • Idk how long it would be, but the official youtube channel, the official site, etc, only lists a single date. Serebii's also reporting it as such. I suppose that other thing is just a misinformed piece of info or false rumour.

But to think, Ash took about 50 (?) episodes in the anime to get his Charizard, and this Red will get his probably within an hour. And he'll probably keep it too. ;p
    And defeat his rival and possibly win a league in the span of an hour instead of 600+ episodes :P

HackChu

I need a haircut...
    Years
  • They did dub the trailer animation for B/W 2 so there is hope. However if this is just a OVA ill be sad...better than nothing though.

Years
  • Maybe if this is sucessful they'll make OVA's for the other games such as HgSs (well Red is wearing his remake clothes), Emerald, Platinum, Black or White and sequel.

Treecko

Years
  • Well considering that Chronicles got dub and the BW2 trailer too I'm hoping that indicates this will be dubbed too.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • For sake of links:

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokemon.co.jp%2Finfo%2F2013%2F08%2F130817_g01.html%3Fa001%3Dnews

And the untranslated version:
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/08/130817_g01.html?a001=news

Broadcast Date
    2013年10月2日(水) テレビ東京系列で、19時から特別番組として放送​
    October 2, 2013 (Wednesday) TV Tokyo series, broadcast as a special program from 19:00
    アニメーション製作​
    Animation production
    OLM・Production IG・XEBEC​
    OLM · Production IG · XEBEC

I wouldn't mind knowing about this animation studio, btw, for those more informed. Good, bad, etc?

Years
  • Even though I'm not much of a Kanto-based fan and the anime is based on 1st Gen, it's still exciting there's a new kind of Pokemon anime out there, while it has no ties to the main anime it should be something worth watching. Even if it is another of those specials.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    OH THANK YOU A VIDEO

IS THAT LANCE
    THAT WAS LANCE
    WHY'S HE THERE
    WHAT'S THE STORYYYYY OMG

SCREECH HERE'S THE TRAILER PROPER

WOW WOW WOW GIMME

Thanks to this video and the other source you have given me I think I can analyse this a bit first off the pictures.

Main box art thingy
    Spoiler:

Some Snapshots
    Spoiler:

Now if we analyse the video we can back up My statements even more, Yes the geodude is Brock's yes Red and Blue face off as, and what else can we see from it, an underwater area at the end what can that mean? The original Pokedex is still used.

anyone care to add?

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I am so.. freaking.. excited for this. It's not like the current anime is bad, but this is the kind of show I've always wanted, where it actually followed the events of the games more accurately, and I'm just so incredibly excited for this. If they don't make this into a full-fledged anime of it's own, they've made a huge mistake and I'm gonna be forever disappointed.

I still believe this is all a scheme to bring back old Pokemon fans though. The fact that they're making a new anime (something fans have been wanting for a long time), revisiting Kanto, and following the events of R/B/Y, along with how they've brought back Mewtwo to play a certain role in both the upcoming movie as well as in X/Y I believe, it just all seems like they're trying to get old fans interested in the franchise again :p

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Iowa
    • Seen Oct 26, 2021
    I need this in my life right now. I've been flailing around for the last, like, 15 minutes now after hearing about this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back