• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • For those too lazy to follow the google translate link, although the site only mentions Brock, it also mentions fighting Team Rocket (both its boss (gee do they mean Giovanni!? :V) and at Pokemon Tower). So my guess is that, along with a gym battle, getting of starter and the championship battle/Lance battle maybe given what we have from the trailer already, suggests a longer-than-22-minute deal. But we shall see!

Years
  • For sake of links:

http://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pokemon.co.jp%2Finfo%2F2013%2F08%2F130817_g01.html%3Fa001%3Dnews

And the untranslated version:
    http://www.pokemon.co.jp/info/2013/08/130817_g01.html?a001=news

I wouldn't mind knowing about this animation studio, btw, for those more informed. Good, bad, etc?
    http://myanimelist.net/anime.php?p=27

That's their entire list of productions that MAL users have added to the database. It's a 6 page long list. Not really a lot of titles that stick out to me. Digging around further seems to indicate that they are a studio held in lower regard among viewers.
    It looks like they had a hand in the Victini/Zekrom movie, but not the Reshiram adaptation of the movie: http://myanimelist.net/anime/9917/Pokemon_Best_Wishes!:_Victini_to_Kuroki_Eiyuu_Zekrom

I am excited that we'll be getting something different and faster paced, though. The anime basically dawdles its way through each region.

BubbleBeams

Defeating Champions Since 1999
    Years
  • I'm not too upset that this doesn't appear to be a full-blown anime series. It's better than nothing and it certainly opens the door. It's nice to see that Red is actually going to have his own little thing, since Ash is so obviously anything BUT Red.

I'm just really excited to see the game story-line unfold in the form of animation.

I imagine if they're going to try and fit the story-line of the game in that it will definitely be a bit on the longer side. I'd like to think it'd be at least an hour long. Kind of like a movie but not so long that's it's an *actual* movie, if I'm making any sense.

I think this animation looks beautiful. A definite shift away from what we're used to with Pokemon. ^^

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    In vivid animation, the world of "red-green" revives.
    (Wed) 19:02 October "Pokemon Di origin" in 2013, broadcasting determined by the TV Tokyo series! To celebrate the launch of Saturday, October 12, is "Pokemon" The latest series of "Pocket Monsters X · Y", the first work to be the origin of the series, "port to draw for the first time the world of pocket monster red-green " , broadcasting original animation, the "Pocket Monster Di origin" decision. I will broadcast a special program from 19:00 on TV Tokyo series on Wednesday, October 2, 2013. <Story> become the stage for adventure, Can Tho province. An authority on Pokemon research, from Dr. Okido, Pokemon as a partner for the first time, the ratio that it receive a lizard, adventure boy Red begins. Red from Dr., was entrusted with the completion of the Pokedex, along with figure of partners, like you will wage a battle and encounter people. And battle with Green as a rival, challenge to the gym leader Takeshi. Confrontation with the organization of Team Rocket evil to try to occupy the Pokemon Tower. And with fierce fight against Bosusakaki of Team Rocket, Pokemon encounter with the unknown waiting beyond that. Now, the good old adventure "Pokemon red-green" is, revives in a vivid animation. <Broadcasting Overview> Broadcast Date: October 2, 2013 (Wednesday) TV Tokyo series, 19:00 Broadcasting Animation Production: OLM · Production IG · XEBEC related URL: Pokemon Official Site http://www.pokemon.co . jp / © 2013 Pokémon. © 1995-2013 Nintendo / Creatures Inc. / GAME FREAK inc. Pokemon is a registered trademark of Nintendo, Creatures, Game Freak.

here we have the description of the Youtube video, I used google translate and from what it appears translate did a decent job but hey cant be perfect.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I'm pretty psyched about this. :) I wonder how the ratings will compare to the current series.

The different artistic style does a good job of getting across that this takes place in a separate universe than the current series, as opposed to The Legend of Thunder and Pokemon Chronicles.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Production I.G. isn't that bad of a production studio! Some of their animations are pretty bad, but when the time calls for it, they REALLY do well. One example I can think of right now is KnB, where the animation is rocky at times but the final two episodes had amazing animation throughout the whole thing. So I'm not too worried about the quality.

So I'm super excited to see this! I love Red and Green (and Lance because woowowoww that guy looks so pretty in that trailer omg) so this would be a great experience for me!!

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • Not a single genwunner's eye remained dry today.

This looks amazing. I'm hoping to see it as an entire series, but with X and Y having its own anime, I'm a little doubtful. The new art style will be refreshing. The original Kanto episodes were a little dull imo, so I'm hoping The Origins acts like a redemption :P

Everyone's reaction:
    tumblr_inline_mrnr0wqIl71qz4rgp.gif

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Not a single genwunner's eye remained dry today.

This looks amazing. I'm hoping to see it as an entire series, but with X and Y having its own anime, I'm a little doubtful. The new art style will be refreshing. The original Kanto episodes were a little dull imo, so I'm hoping The Origins acts like a redemption :P

Everyone's reaction:
    tumblr_inline_mrnr0wqIl71qz4rgp.gif
    I'm hoping it's a success that they'll want to go ahead and make a sequel for GS, RS, DP, BW, B2W2 (with the voice actors from the trailer for this one).

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2013
    I am excited, but it is subdued, because for all we know this is just a test run to gauge out interest. There is no guarantee we will see anything out of this. But I will enjoy what we do have, and at the same time keep hope that something will come from this. Because if they don't capitalize on this I believe they are making a mistake. You got an Anime that can appeal to beginners and children. Then you got an Anime that is more in line with the games and that people who have been around for awhile can attach themselves to and understand. Also at the same time anyone can see this as appealing, all around I find it a breathe of fresh air. Question is will this remain or is this just a test to see if we will go for it? Hoping the ratings are super high to show them we want this.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Pokejungle is saying it'll air every Wednesday...seems there's confusion on whether this is an OVA or not...Serebii says it'll air on October 2nd as a special broadcast, so maybe the first episode will be a special and then it'll be 30 minutes? One can hope...

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Oh cool~ Anime based on red and Green~

Guess this is a clue that we'll get Red and Green Remakes jkjk XD

Not really excited about it but definitely want to watch it.

Mintyy

Minty~
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Jun 4, 2019
    I'm really excited for this! This will bring so much nostalgia back to the older audience! Generation one still seems to be the favouring generation out of the five, and so, I think it will being a large spectrum to watch it! Even if it's just a special, I still wanna watch it! Red and Green seem to be full of life and personlity (in the trailer at least), plus we get to see other characters like Brock and Misty, but with more different personalities to match the series!

This seems epic, and I can't wait!! :D

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
    Years
    • Age 32
    • They/Them
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    This is something that Pokémon fans have been crying out for for at least a decade.

Even if it turns out to be a one-off special I'm still SO freaking excited. :D

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
    Years
  • You guys are reading into it too much. It's got nothing to do with the Manga OR the current anime. It's simply going to be a short anime film based soully on Red and Green. Hence Professer Oak, Lance and Brock looking different, they look more like their game counterparts.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    ^ As what the poster above me stated. This new animé seems to be based on the original red/green games, and not on the manga.
    If it did followed the manga, shouldn't Red's starter be a Poliwhirl?
    It would have been extremely cool if they did an animé of the manga, but it's still cool to see this animé. :3

I am still hoping that the target audience for this animé will be teens and adults though. I would hate this if this animé is as childish as Ash's journey. His journey was cool until the Johto arc. =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back