• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Sun and Moon news coming August 1

Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I hope I'm not alone on this, but is anyone else happy they aren't revealing a lot for this generation? I feel they're learning from ORAS after people got disappointed because we practically knew almost everything going into the game( granted it was a remake so I didn't get my hopes too high).

I know I should probably avoid spoilers for this game but, I like how we're totally blind going into it. Of course, I know that I'd like to at least learn about the plot, region, and stuff like that before buying the game, but I think it's more of an adventure-feel if we don't know exactly what's happening. Who knows? Gamefreak could pull something cool from their sleeves(like the Delta Episode) Just my thoughts.

On another note though, people think that the starters will be released early, but I doubt that will happen. I know in the past we have seen the final evolution for pokemon before the debut game release( looking at you Blaziken) but I have a feeling they may not do that this time around. Maybe it's just my philosophy on starters but in my honest opinion you shouldn't release the final evolution until release day. I feel that then it's appropriate because the game's already out and people are already playing it. I don't like feeling spoiled on my starter before a game comes out because it takes away the mystery of the surprise for the evolution. But hey, that's just me. Hopefully I can avoid more spoilers about the starters the best I can.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We've only had 25 new Pokemon revealed so far (three of which are one evolution line and four others who are legendaries) so there's a good chance we'll still have some Pokemon that won't be revealed until the games are released.

Magearna's a mythical, and we don't know what category Tapu Koko fits in yet. It could be a new one, like Guardian Deity.

Anyways, we still got evolutions to go for at least the starters, and Rockruff, so we know for sure that they haven't shown them all off yet.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    I recently watched "Puzzle and Dragon" So I want Them to reveal an adorable pokemon like Ouka on August 01

New Sun and Moon news coming August 1

Just imagine A New Pseudo-Lgendary "Quadruped" Dragon pokemon that can fly.
    Seriously , It feel like Digimon and Puzzle & Dragon has better designed monster then pokemon.
    Current Pokemon seem more like a Magi-Nation monsters.

Galho

Morning Bell
    Years
    It'd be way better for me to have access to more information on the region than on mega-evolutions and such. I really hope they invest on making the whole region environment better and better, as this hawaii-themed region is just perfect to take that step. Would love to have a battle frontier type of place after we complete the usual storyline! Also, talking about storyline, would love to have a really well played out lore in this generation, as it grasps a lot of my attention usually.

Years
    If we do have Pokemon reveals, I would like to know some version exclusives so I know which game I want to buy.

That reminds me that we haven't had any confirmed version exclusives outside of the mascot legendaries yet. At this point for XY we already had two version exclusive pairs revealed - Clauncher/Skrelp and Swirlix/Spritzee.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    I'd like to see an evolution stage of Salandit as one of the new Pokemon that may be revealed tomorrow. I can't get over how awesome that little guy is.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Salandit evolution could be revealed at an event such as Gamescon. It was revealed similarly to how Honedge was revealed and I'm pretty sure Doublade was also revealed not long after at some sort of gaming event.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    An 1hr and half left! Getting excited! Don't know what we will see, but as always, I hope to see evolutions to old mons. That be an amazing surprise imo.

Years
    Salandit evolution could be revealed at an event such as Gamescon. It was revealed similarly to how Honedge was revealed and I'm pretty sure Doublade was also revealed not long after at some sort of gaming event.

If I recall Doublade was revealed in some random announcement on Pokemon's Facebook page, which I have to admit was very unexpected. Salandit evolution might be something I can't see revealed until next month or the month after.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Only 40 more minootees to go :) The number of people watching this thread right now is astounding lol, watch this whole website crash once the video is posted online.

Wait, do we know for sure if it's another video/trailer, or is it just a site update with new content? I can't remember what was said, but regardless I'm excited. If it's info that's parallel to the Alola region info we'll get in CoroCoro, I'll be really excited.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Presumably it will be another video if past reveals in a similar format are anything to go by. Just keep checking the official Youtube channel around the time of the reveal, they're usually prompt with the upload if there is one.

Years
    Only 40 more minootees to go :) The number of people watching this thread right now is astounding lol, watch this whole website crash once the video is posted online.

Wait, do we know for sure if it's another video/trailer, or is it just a site update with new content? I can't remember what was said, but regardless I'm excited. If it's info that's parallel to the Alola region info we'll get in CoroCoro, I'll be really excited.

I think it's likely not to do with what CoroCoro will be showcasing since none of the previous trailers had corresponded to recent CoroCoro info. With two sets of two Pokemon revealed in CoroCoro (Mimikyu/Bewear and Rockruff/Komala) it took a few weeks before they were updated onto the English Sun & Moon site.

Also, as Joe said it'll likely be another trailer. Video comes at 11pm for my timezone.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Something's going down, because Joe's flipping out on Twitter lol. But nothing on the official website or YouTube channel, strange.

Back