• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Sun and Moon news coming August 1

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    Well that was...something. I don't understand how the challenges and kahuna battles work (fancy term for gym leaders?), but wow are those Alolan forms unnecessary. And to think I was excited about Mega Ninetales/Mega Sandslash because of the thumbnail.

Last edited:

Karous

Captain Obvious
    Years
  • 1. jfc I'm starting to hate the genwunner pandering. Alola forms are easily the worst of the reveals so far, Exeggutor looks ridiculous, Ice/Fairy Ninetales was obviously made to sell merchandise, and I would have laughed in your face if you told me yesterday there would be a Sandshrew form based on a fucking igloo. Instead of redefining the same Pokemon, just give us proper tweaks and evolutions of Pokemon that need them.

I don't want to believe in the whole "Gamefreak is running out of ideas" schtick, in fact many of the designs to come out of this gen have been interesting so far but this constant redefining of the same Pokemon is just becoming a joke that is equally painful and hilarious. Especially since it tends to happen to gen 1 Pokemon.

2. It seems like the leak about the lack of gyms is somewhat confirmed with the island trials. At the moment, since there's only four islands, I'm a bit concerned that it won't fill the same amount of gameplay time as the 8 gyms did but overall I find it interesting. I'd also rather not have legendaries (which the guardians seem to be?) be available to the player during the storyline but these are minor gripes. The quests are probably much more interesting than plowing through gym leaders with overleveled, OP Pokemon.

3. Hoping for an expansive roster with the rider Pokemon system. Looks like they listened to player feedback after it ended up being a total letdown in XY! If the available Pokemon are good and not just restricted to the "fan favorites", then this would be the best replacement to the beloved HGSS follower Pokemon.

4. Nothing that really stands out with the new mons revealed, Mudsdale pre-evo is super adorbs tho

5. More Digimonification of Pokemon with Z moves, glad Gamefreak isn't over the ridiculous power creep /s

6. I love the soundtrack to this game. Beautiful music that honors its Hawaiian/Polynesian influences.

In spite of my criticisms, I am actually really hyped for these games. Loving the infodump!

Last edited:

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Wondering if the Z-moves have any relation to Zygarde, because everything so far with "Z" plastered onto it has been related to Zygarde. Very strange indeed, and I can't wait to find out more.

The new Alola Formes are rather... interesting. I have mixed feelings about them, but I do think Alola Ninetails is absolutely gorgeous. I really like the typings we got with them, but I would have preferred them on brand-new Pokemon instead of alternate Formes of older Pokemon. But since it's the 20th Anniversary, I'm not surprised at all that it's the Gen 1 Pokemon getting this treatment.

The new Gym system is really interesting, I'm totally getting Orange Islands vibes from this and it's nice to have something new. Between this and what I'm assuming are Alola-exclusive Formes, Alola is turning out to be pretty unique. Like what somebody already mentioned, I hope that the Island Trials doesn't reduce the amount of gameplay I that there's only 4 "gym leaders" instead of the usual 8. With that said, I'll move on to the next paragraph.

The new Pokemon riding feature looks really amazing, it looks like they're putting more emphasis on exploration which is something I've wanted in a long time since the Sinnoh days.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Loving all this information being released! Super psyched!

Especially love the Alola form of Ninetails. Gorgeous!

Love the idea of the different styles of Oricorio's on each island. Plus they all dance and that's super cute.

Mudbray is super cute.

Also, riding Pokemon looks super fun!

The Island Challenge looks interesting. Assuming this is taking the place of gyms in this game?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    This was a great update! We got a lot of news in one video, awesome forms, great changes to the formula and some neat new pokemon.

And we are getting another video on the 12th! I can't wait!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • More news on the 12th? Welp, I'll need time to get over Alolan Exeggutor but that's great to be getting even more news for the same month.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I really hope that Z-moves will not replace the Mega Evo. I mean, Z-moves basically
    offers other Pokémon without Mega evo to execute powerful moves which is entirely
    different with what Mega Evo can do...

Tho I don't want Mega Evo Pokémon to perform Z-moves, that's really overpowered if
    it happens...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Finally got a chance to watch the reveal trailer

Some of those types for the Alola forms.....Grass/Dragon Exeggutor?! Ice/Steel Sandshrew?! yo

Oriwhateveritsnameis kinda makes me think of an upgraded version of Flabebe's thing with the different colored flowers

Solar Blade reminds me of Disgaea's Dimension Slash

I kinda like the new Ice/Fairy Nintales

And I don't care for the Z-poses but at least the special Z attacks look kinda cool

Years
  • Wait. Something I just noticed.

Mudbray can carry loads up to 50 times its own weight on its back or dragging behind it.
    Weight 242.5 lbs.
    That's 12,125 lbs. That's like three cars. Even if that's just dragging and not carrying, this tiny donkey is amazingly strong.

Back