• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen New Trailer - Includes: Biking, New Sprites and a Surprise

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Hopefully someone will make a Translation guide for the people who imported it. (Like they did with DPPt)

Years
  • Anyone else notice that the Rivals in-game sprite has changed to what his artwork looks like?
    (don't flame if its already been said, not reading through 4 pages of comments)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Not going to flame or anything Ryanniny but just to note that sprite has been known for quite a while. Since July when an update on the Nintendo hgss site happened. I do love to see it animated though so that's nice to see.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • on the site its still the old one :S
    that doesnt look like the official art..
    i looked before posting

The official site should have both the old sprite of Silver as well as the new one by now [if you look more into it]. However, like stated before, the first sprite shown was just a beta shown earlier this year. After, in July on new scans that month it was worked out, and his official art look later became the look of his sprite as well. Now, thanks to this trailer we know Silver has also been animated when in battle.

must... have this gameeeee!
    when is it coming outtt in Australiaa lol

The game will most likely come out either late Spring or prior to Summer like it was done with Platinum. It is known that the game is to be released in Spring of 2010 for the US, and the UK as well I believe. So, Australia's release shouldn't be far from that.

Safo

General Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2009
    I love how the Pokemon games are evolving to something even greater. Nintendo seems to have really given their all for these games. I hope to see better and better remakes/new games with even better features in the future!

RockmanEXE

Unova?
    Years
  • HG/SS is supposed to be a sequel of FR/LG.

If that's true, than the hero in FR/LG will be in Mt. Silver.

I can't wait to see Kanto on my DS ...

PrismoStar

Veteran Trainer
    Years
  • All I can say is: WOW. This has raised my hype meter from 100% to 999% Maxed Out!

I'm glad Kanto has been confirmed, I was worried they wouldent be able to fit all those 3D models on one cartridge.
    Also, anyone else notice Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza? Maybe Hoenn will be in the game!! :D

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Sadly Hoenn isnt gunna be in it the weather trio are in johto kyogre is in heart gold groudon in soul silver and you need both of them to unlock rayquaza

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Love the animations for the gaming, and all the new stylus fuctionality. I hope we can still use buttons for the boxes, though, since I have problems with the left side of my touch screen.

Seeing Ho-oh and Lugia in the 3D animations was awesome.

Years
  • I'm hoping that it happens that way.

What's this "surprise" in the title by the way? I didn't notice anything surprising. :(

the surprise was kanto at the end... ;)
    and yeah i want leaf to be in this game :(
    maybe a double battle at the end with silver
    that'd be cool
    (everyones going to complain that they want red to have the 6 pokemon he did before)

Magmarashi

Trainer in Training
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    After seeing this trailer, now I want Leaf to be in this game. I don't mind whether it's Red or Leaf at Mount Silver. As long as it's one of the two. I always play as Leaf in FrLg. Seeing as these are sequels of FrLg, Leaf has a good shot of being in the game. If only Red is there, little kids who never played RBY, but played FrLg would wonder why Leaf isn't there, too.

I noticed the train tracks in Goldenrod are higher up. Gold was riding his bike underneath them. I'm glad I don't have to walk on the train tracks like we did in GSC. I love the final starter evolution overworlds. (After viewing several youtube videos of gameplay, I'll make my decision on which one to use.)

I think they should make it a decision for the player, kinda like the did with Lati@s in Emerald, with the tv and stuff.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    I speculate that Red will still remain in Mt. Silver, but instead of having "Blue" take over the Vermillion Gym, they will have Leaf/Green take over the gym, I mean, the rival in FR/LG didn't really have a name.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2009
    Awesome

The graphics look way awesome. But when will the special 12th movie Arceaus or however you spell it be available?

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    I speculate that Red will still remain in Mt. Silver, but instead of having "Blue" take over the Vermillion Gym, they will have Leaf/Green take over the gym, I mean, the rival in FR/LG didn't really have a name.
    There's no reason it'll happen.
    Blue was the rival both in RGBY and FRLG. Leaf is just the heroine in FRLG. And i'm quite sure it's Leaf cause Green was used already as far as i'm aware.
    Anyways, you get my point.

Back