• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New trailer reveals Starter Pokémon Z-moves and Ultra Beasts!

blue

gucci
Years
  • Not too bothered by the removal of Triple or Rotational battles, they always used to get on my nerves tbh. Single and Double battles are much less tedious.

MKC

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Think about it - trainers now stand behind the Pokemon constantly in battle and that takes up space. Also, Triple and Rotation Battles in 6th Gen suffered so much lag, and if we add the aforementioned trainer always stands behind their Pokemon it'll be so laggy that it's literally unplayable.
    Pretty much this, there's also the fact that Pokemon no longer have those circles below them like they used to have on previous gens, if I'm not mistaken they used to be a key element of triple/rotation battles. So it's understandable why they removed them.

Not too bothered by the removal of Triple or Rotational battles, they always used to get on my nerves tbh. Single and Double battles are much less tedious.

Couldn't agree more, I also found them too tedious, not really fun at all.

Years
  • I really like all of the new z-moves, they all have really cool animations and each one fits the characteristics of the starter. The new UB are kinda..meh..I don't like the designs and it still feels like they don't fit in the Pokemon franchise, but I guess that's the whole point. Anyway, it's really close to release now, but it was nice to get some information :)

Years
  • Alolan Dugtrio is by far the best. I need to get an avatar and signature (where can I find someone to do this for me?! Hands down my mascot Pokemon right here!) of this GOD LIKE ENTITY! That description gave me so much laughs at the same time makes me want to question it even more! It's definitely going on my team.

I didn't expect it to be part Steel Type though. I hope Game Freak raise Alolan Dugtrio HP stat by a slight bit. I actually want to tank with this deity of the land.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • So we finally get Alolan Diglett line and the starter Z-Moves revealed officially, leaving only Geodude's line as the only Alolan Form not to be officially revealed pre-release.

Didn't expect official Xurkitree (UB-03 Lighting) and Guzzlord (UB-05 Glutton) reveal either, since they weren't shown in CoroCoro yet the two that were shown there didn't appear in this trailer.

Well, that's it for pre-release trailers! Looking forward to getting Moon this Saturday.
    A lot of people are avoiding these leaks. Spoiler tags would be a good idea.

Years
  • A lot of people are avoiding these leaks. Spoiler tags would be a good idea.

Remember I caught up in all those leaks that it's near-impossible for me not to think of "spoiler haters". Plus we had literally nearly every single Alola Form revealed before release anyway.

Caaethil

#1 Greninja Fan
    Years
  • Remember I caught up in all those leaks that it's near-impossible for me not to think of "spoiler haters". Plus we had literally nearly every single Alola Form revealed before release anyway.
    Every one except the one you just mentioned. ;)

Years
  • Every one except the one you just mentioned. ;)

At least this still does leave some people with a surprise because OR/AS pre-release revealed every single new Mega Evolution before the games even came out. While this pre-release ended with every single Ultra Beast and nearly every single legendary and Alola Form revealed by official sources before generation launch.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    Alolan Dugtrio is by far the best. I need to get an avatar and signature (where can I find someone to do this for me?! Hands down my mascot Pokemon right here!) of this GOD LIKE ENTITY! That description gave me so much laughs at the same time makes me want to question it even more! It's definitely going on my team.

I didn't expect it to be part Steel Type though. I hope Game Freak raise Alolan Dugtrio HP stat by a slight bit. I actually want to tank with this deity of the land.
    Here's your avatar
    Spoiler:

As for signature, well, I'm sure you'll find something

Reactions: Nah

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    The Ultras look really good in motion. Loved 03's twitching and Christmas tree lights, and 05's tail and second head were a surprise.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Wow, did they really just show off every single Ultra Beast before launch? Damn, and I was trying to avoid them too -_- I just absolutely hate how they showed off so so much before the games even released, like the game leaking online doesn't even matter that much at this point.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Heads up guys - the article has been updated with extra info. The website has given us bonus information about Alolan Diglett and Dugtrio (Alolan people revere it, haha!) And then we also got artwork of one new Pokemon - but no name, no info. (Well, not new if you followed the CoroCoro leaks... but new for the website, certainly).

https://daily.pokecommunity.com/201...-starter-z-moves-ultra-beasts-alolan-dugtrio/

EDIT: Further additions - Status Z-Moves and Magearna distribution teased!

Last edited:

Attribule

Veteran Wall-Worker/WW3 Survivor - AMA
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2016
    Wow, did they really just show off every single Ultra Beast before launch? Damn, and I was trying to avoid them too -_- I just absolutely hate how they showed off so so much before the games even released, like the game leaking online doesn't even matter that much at this point.

They left almost nothing to the imagination, yeah. I think maybe they pushed the news so hard because it's the only big release Nintendo had for 2016.

Really hope they start shortening the time between reveal and release going forward. It sucks having almost no surprise going into a new generation.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • Welp, I didn't expect Pokémon to release yet another new trailer for Sun and Moon, but I think it's nice to have a wrap up before the official release date!

So... the Z-Moves of the three final evolved starters are finally revealed now? I like how they use the move fitting for their behavior and all. And most of all, I have no idea Z-Move can make Splash quite useful in some way.

On other note, I'm hoping that we can learn how we can find Magearna, and seeing all of these makes me wish my pre-order of Sun and Moon come sooner!

Years
  • is there still gen7 pokemon unreleased/leaked?

Yes. These are their names below:
    Spoiler:

All of the Ultra Beasts were revealed by official sources up to this point - all except two were shown in trailers while the two that weren't were in the latest issue of CoroCoro.

Back