• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New type?

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
    After the surprise in X and Y, do you think this new games will bring a new type?

My friends speculations (old speculations, but they do make sens now) it would be nice to have a Cosmos type. Deoxys, Clefairy, Solrock, Lunatone, Jirachi, and many more.

Now, with "Sun" and "Moon" do you think this is possible?

[ I don't say we do need/will have a new type, but it's a possibility ]

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Don't know if a Light type would ever be added don't know if it could even be renamed Holy type.
    Sound type would of been great.
    Crystal type would be quite similar to Rock type tho.
    Machine type seems like a mix of Steel and Electric.

pkmin3033

I don't think they'll add a new type in so soon after Fairy - there aren't that many Fairy-type Pokemon yet, after all.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'd really rather have no new types altogether. I mean, they've just introduced Fairy, and some types (Ice, for example) seriously need minor tweaks and buffs to their resistances and effectiveness.

Machine type seems like a mix of Steel and Electric.
    Eh, still sounds like Steel to me. It just seems to be the general type for anything associated with metal, or are mechanical in nature.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
    It is possible, but I really can't see them introducing another type just one generation after having a new type. They probably spent a great deal of time restructuring the type chart to make room for the Fairy-type, so it would just be the same situation by adding another type to the chart. I think the Fairy-type will tie in well with the Sun and Moon theme making it unnecessary for a new type.

Years
    I don't think we'll be seeing another new type yet. Fairy was quite small in 6th Gen so this generation needs to focus on expanding the Fairy Pokemon and move roster.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I don't see it happening. Pluse Fairy is basically light type. Along with Psy.

I don't see any reason they need to add a new type right now. They haven't had long to figure out what else needs to be balanced.

Years
    I'm pretty confident they won't be having any new types. There are already enough to cover pretty much everything.

As for the titles, Moon is already for Fairy types and Sun would easily fall under the category of Fire. All I expect is a variety of new Fairy types, since there aren't enough to go around yet.

Sirfetch’d

The type chart seems balanced and in a good spot right now. It's highly unlikely that they'd introduce a new type two generations in a row, imo. I would not be a huge fan of seeing another type added so soon. I know that in time more types will probably come but it just seems like a weird time to do so right now haha.

Years
    With how often they seem prone to adding a new type (that is, not often), I'd be more surprised if they actually did add another type in these games. I'd rather see more unused current type combos be used first, before juggling in yet another one. <_<

Sirfetch’d

With how often they seem prone to adding a new type (that is, not often), I'd be more surprised if they actually did add another type in these games. I'd rather see more unused current type combos be used first, before juggling in yet another one. <_<

I've been waiting on my Fire/Grass Pokemon since RBY
    New type?

Years
    I could see some type changes among certain Pokemon, maybe, but not a new type. I know that Fairy-type caught most of us off guard and that we could be blindsided again, but I think we've mostly already imagined any possible new types and realized that they're usually too narrow or that they're already covered by existing types.

I think a Space-type (which I think would probably sound better as "Star-type" like how there is a Grass-type instead of Plant-type even though "plant" is more direct) is really already covered by Psychic, and too a lesser extent Fairy with its moon association.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I don't think anything is based on sound, sure most sound based attacks are under normal type like some of the Fairy pokemons and moves were before.

Most of these moves could fall under Sound type.

Hyper Voice. Growl. Snore. Sing. Uproar. Roar. Supersonic? Sonic Boom. Screech. Belly Drum. Perish Song. Swagger? Sleep Talk. Heal Bell. Encore? Flatter? Follow Me? Taunt? Wish? Yawn? Metal Sound. Howl. Shock Wave? Water Pulse? Healing Wish? Me First? Captivate? Chatter? Attack\Defend\Heal Order? Roar of Time? After You? Round. Echoed Voice. Hex? Relic Song. Noble Roar. Disarming Voice. Confide? Celebrate?

I think it's the only plausible type that could be added. Crystal is mostly Steel type when looking at Crystal Onix who is weak to Fire and Water don't do much.

Wind fall under Flying type, Earth fall under Ground type same for Sand.

AlphaTangoFoxtrot

Johto-vah's Witness
    Years
    Pokemon has only added new typings to the game twice in its 20 years and six generations of games. I'd be shocked to see them do it in consecutive generations. Plus, they have some balancing to do with fairy type before they add anymore, in my opinion.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    It is possible! However i highly doubt gf and nintendo would do it so soon after making the fairy type theyre probably gonna let the hype of fairies live on for awhile probably another game or 2 then make a new type or perhaps never make a new one which i can say id be content with i mean the only one that was missing was light and fairy kinda filled that void im just hoping I dont see like a sound type or something really stupid like that since ive never been found of it and seriously its sound whats it gonna be supereffective against? everything? Nah i dont think we will be seeing any new types for awhile until you know they go into the plastic type xD

Back