• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    As i said early, i am now willing to accept new ultra beasts due to reasons i put down on my earlier post on the thread. New ultra beasts are fine. But i don't want normal new pokemon because they make less sense.

Ultra Beasts are not usually counted as normal pokemon... heck in-universe they are not counted as "pokemon" for obvious reasons. I doubt we will see "normal" new pokemon outside of Ultra Beasts and Alolan forms.

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
    Years
  • (Maybe the player will actually react too!)

That would be nice, I found their lack of emotion to be quite uncanny and distracting at times. This is made even worse by the fact that most NPC's react properly, meanwhile the protag is just kinda derping

Spoiler:

I mean, geez. Lillie's speaking her mind in a dramatic and powerful scene, and the protag reacts with a soulless doll smile.

Seeing the protag react to stimuli would be a huge step up.

So far, I'm remaining cautiously optimistic, as most things are looking alright so far. I do get the feeling that they're going Yo-kai with the protags though; they look even younger than Selene and Elio! At least we can change their looks up a little (and I do hope we get a preview option like in X/Y).

Other than that, having even a few options for following Pok?mon would be fantastic, but that's being pretty optimistic on my part.

Oh! And I'd like to see what comes of the "missing father" situation that S/M left off with, as we know he's still around...

(And, to stay on topic, I'm neutral toward the new UBs. Though, I find it odd that a being from another dimension just so happens to look like a clown from our world...)

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    (Maybe the player will actually react too!)

Holy shiet! I sure hope so, too!

Other characters in SM were able to, so why not the player as well? It really bothered me, though only a little bit.

Last edited:

5qwerty

[b][font="open sans"]WHOLLY MOLEY[/font][/b]
    Years
    • Seen today
    Yo these new UB's look fresh, I hope they have some crazy typings.

Also, surely I can't be the only one wishing for more UB's, right? It's really exciting to look at all these really wacky designs for "Pok?mon".

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I appreciate it if you speak a lot nicer to me. I never said that it was about me so please don't put words in my mouth.

I can be negative if i want and allowed to post my opinion. I only keep things to myself when I want to

Whelp look, if you have YOUR opinions, everyone else have THEIRS.

If you can't respect others, then you don't deserve any "nicer" tones, considering you are flooding everyone on almost every threads with your negativity, posting redundant posts to up your post counts, and then jump on the bandwagon to defend yourself whenever you felt, "attacked" because people don't agree with you.

Hate to be sounding like I am mini-modding, but you clearly don't belong to a forum if you cannot accept different voices from other users.

GameFreak and Pokemon don't ONLY cater to you, and we could care less if you're not hyped and not buying USUM. Because we will buy and because we are hyped. Period. Changes have to be made. Or you'll still be stuck in pixels in black and white, seriously, how can anyone hate changes. The company did their best to make changes so Pokemon will be fresh.

To stay on topic, I really love the clown cotton-puff thing. Too bad I'll be getting UM so I'll probably trade for that one!

Last edited:
    Years
  • so basically you want Pokemon to be same? No new stuff?

Seems to be like that, I guess.

Ultra Beasts are not usually counted as normal pokemon... heck in-universe they are not counted as "pokemon" for obvious reasons. I doubt we will see "normal" new pokemon outside of Ultra Beasts and Alolan forms.

You do have a point, because Ultra Beasts are promoted in the pre-release media as not being real Pokemon but in-game they can still be caught and used in battle like any other Pokemon.

Hopefully we'll get some new Alola Forms as well, since I feel there were so many missed opportunities in S/M.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    Mantine being a ride pokemon has gotten me excited. About time Mantine got some attention

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Whelp look, if you have YOUR opinions, everyone else have THEIRS.

If you can't respect others, then you don't deserve any "nicer" tones, considering you are flooding everyone on almost every threads with your negativity, posting redundant posts to up your post counts, and then jump on the bandwagon to defend yourself whenever you felt, "attacked" because people don't agree with you.

Hate to be sounding like I am mini-modding, but you clearly don't belong to a forum if you cannot accept different voices from other users.

GameFreak and Pokemon don't ONLY cater to you, and we could care less if you're not hyped and not buying USUM. Because we will buy and because we are hyped. Period. Changes have to be made. Or you'll still be stuck in pixels in black and white, seriously, how can anyone hate changes. The company did their best to make changes so Pokemon will be fresh.

To stay on topic, I really love the clown cotton-puff thing. Too bad I'll be getting UM so I'll probably trade for that one!
    I actually do respect others. It is all of you that don't respect me. You all are attacking me. Ganging up on someone is not cool. I do not post to increase my post count. I post because i want to give my opinion. Do not make up stuff about me.

I actually do belong on the forum. Can't say the same for everyone else.

I never said or implied GF cater to me. Don't make up stuff. I don't care if others are hyped or not because it has nothing to do with me.

I disagree. Some things should not change at all. GF makes mistakes. They are not perfect as people may think.

As long as new ultra beasts are the only new pokemon then i don't have a problem.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I do wonder what the types are for the new UBs. Burst looks like it could maybe be fairy type, but I can't figure out what Assembly would be.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I never said or implied GF cater to me. Don't make up stuff. I don't care if others are hyped or not because it has nothing to do with me.

I disagree. Some things should not change at all. GF makes mistakes. They are not perfect as people may think.

you ARE upset and raging because GF was apparently adding new pokemon in mid gen. That means you wish GF will not change so much.
    seriously if you are not upset you would not be posting this.
    Stop being salty and be more positive.

Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    you ARE upset and raging because GF was apparently adding new pokemon in mid gen. That means you wish GF will not change so much.

Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, even if it's unpopular.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    however, he is implying that GF is wrong for making changes. He sounds awfully like people who were upset at GF adding a new type in X and Y.
    I am not implying anything. Yes i didn't like the new pokemon at first but then i thought about it some more and realize new ultra beasts makes sense.

I was upset at first but i realize that Ultra Beasts come from another dimension. That means that there can be ones not discovered. I am not salty. I am just a bit particular with pokemon games. That is all.

Can we all move on now please?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    i realize that Ultra Beasts come from another dimension

errm duh? That is like saying you did not realize water-type pokemon came from water.
    ALL ULTRA BEASTS COME FRON ANOTHER DIMENSION CALLED ULTRA SPACE.
    It is obvious it is the same case with these two new Ultra Beasts

Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2019
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forums so please excuse my ignorance, but why are people so opposed to new Pok?mon being introduced mid generation?

Is it just the backward compatibility concerns?

Personally I'm super excited for the new UBs, and would welcome any new 'Pok?mon' as well. The main appeal of the Pok?mon games for me is the 'collectability'. I like hunting and collecting Pok?mon. And then playing with them within the 3DS world, either through battles or contests or whatnot.

I appreciate the story as a way to enhance the Pok?mon hunting experience, but to be honest, I don't play the games just for the storylines. The format tends to be quite repetitive between games.

So for me, the biggest draw to a game like US/UM is actually having new Pok?mon or at least new forms, and having new areas of the in-game universe to explore with my Pok?mon.

I'm perfectly happy for the Pok?mon games to evolve and grow with each new version. How incredibly boring the games would be if they were exactly the same every time.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    errm duh? That is like saying you did not realize water-type pokemon came from water.
    ALL ULTRA BEASTS COME FRON ANOTHER DIMENSION CALLED ULTRA SPACE.
    It is obvious it is the same case with these two new Ultra Beasts

No need for that. What i meant was because they live mostly in ultra space, most people don't know about them. So us getting new ultra beasts made a lot of sense once i thought about it.

BugTypeAficionado

Bug types are so hi-technicaaaal!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Hi everyone, I am new to the forums so please excuse my ignorance, but why are people so opposed to new Pok?mon being introduced mid generation?

Tbh I don't understand what all the hullabaloo is about either. It was pretty obvious we were going to get something related to the Ultra Beasts in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. It was either this, or something like a new form for the existing Ultra Beasts, and I'm more than glad we got the former rather than the latter. Also, since Kyurem Black/White is a form change and not really a new Pokemon, this is the first instance we've had of new Pokemon being introduced mid-generation, which I think is really neat, and gives these newer entries something even more unique.

Anywho, I'm liking both Ultra Beasts a lot (even if UB-Burst just looks like Xurkitree's cousin who performs at birthday parties lol), and good thing I like UB-Assembly a lot more, considering I'm a Moon guy and it's exclusive to Ultra Moon. If I had to take a stab in the dark, Burst's typing is some combination of Psychic, Dark, and/or Fairy, and Assembly is some combination of Rock, Steel, and/or Electric. Most likely, Burst is Psychic/Fairy and Assembly is Rock/Steel, but I could be entirely wrong, Pokemon has a way of making it hard to immediately tell a Pokemon's typing by first glance. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is up to you.

Here's hoping Ultra has even more interesting Ultra Beasts in store!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Some peepz on a discord channel I'm a member of speculated that these two new UBs might share the same type, because these two are version-exclusive. They have given an example to Phero and Buzz, sharing both Bug- and Fighting-type, and then Celes and Kartana, both sharing the steel-type.

So I suppose they have sold me with that reasoning that maybe these two new UBs might share a type. :3

Last edited:
    Back