• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: New Ultra Beasts revealed for Pokémon Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon!

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
  • UB Burst looks like a Nihilego that has absorbed an Alolan Muk so it's typing could be Poison/Dark or Rock/Dark. Poison/Dark would leave it with one weakness ground.

Ironically I can see the Moon UB being part ground type. Oddly enough the Moon UB shares a colour scheme with one of the default colour schemes of the New Nintendo 2DS XL. (Black with Bright blue highlights)

The Pikachu park looks fun.

Hopefully we get some new Alolan forms in this game.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    I don't understand the complaints of introduction new Pokemon mid-gen. To me, this doesn't seem any different then when they included new Mega's in ORAS. I don't really see UB's as "Pokemon", so I guess to me they're the same as seeing alternate formes for other Pokemon. I mean, I thought that getting new UB's and Alola Formes were already a given..

That said, I am rather torn. I was planning on picking up Ultra Sun because I already bought Moon, but that UB exclusive to US is really... ugly.

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Everyone is allowed to express their opinion, even if it's unpopular.

When you offer YOUR opinion with respect and not with arrogant wordings that puts others' down, yes, it IS fine.

You all are attacking me. Ganging up on someone is not cool.

When you see so many people being unhappy about you, clearly something is wrong with YOUR forum manners, not everyone else's.

I don't understand the complaints of introduction new Pokemon mid-gen. To me, this doesn't seem any different then when they included new Mega's in ORAS. I don't really see UB's as "Pokemon", so I guess to me they're the same as seeing alternate formes for other Pokemon. I mean, I thought that getting new UB's and Alola Formes were already a given..

That said, I am rather torn. I was planning on picking up Ultra Sun because I already bought Moon, but that UB exclusive to US is really... ugly.

We can always trade when things happen xD I prefers the clown.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I love how people like Alexander18 are so psyducking ungrateful.

Anyways, Ub Burst is my favourite of the two, it looks so goofy!
    I am not ungrateful. I think that we deserve news that keeps the hype up. Don't make assumptions on me.

When you offer YOUR opinion with respect and not with arrogant wordings that puts others' down, yes, it IS fine.

When you see so many people being unhappy about you, clearly something is wrong with YOUR forum manners, not everyone else's.

We can always trade when things happen xD I prefers the clown.
    My words are always with respect unlike others. I am not the arrogant one here. And no, it is others that are the problem.

Can we stay on topic please?

Anyway, would these be the only new ultra beasts or will we get more?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Some peepz on a discord channel I'm a member of speculated that these two new UBs might share the same type, because these two are version-exclusive. They have given an example to Phero and Buzz, sharing both Bug- and Fighting-type, and then Celes and Kartana, both sharing the steel-type.

So I suppose they have sold me with that reasoning that maybe these two new UBs might share a type. :3

I am thinking Psychic/ Ghost for both of them!
    That clown would clearly make a good team with Mr. Mime hahah.

My words are always with respect unlike others. I am not the arrogant one here. And no, it is others that are the problem.

Yes, excuse you whilst everyone of us obnoxious and rude members are wrong and you are the only right, most polite and most gentlemanly guy out here.

K. Hold your high Rapidash now.

Let's just assume we are all, folks. We are clearly in the wrong dimension right now.

Last edited:

MaSterBarth

Pokemon MaSter
    Years
  • I like both the new UB's, and new locations. New z moves new form for a cool rock type. I'm even okay with the new fusion of the legends.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Yes, excuse you whilst everyone of us obnoxious and rude members are wrong and you are the only right, most polite and most gentlemanly guy out here.

Can you not? This is starting to become harassment. This thread is meant to be about the new ultra beasts.

I like to see more unique typing.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I gave it some thought. Maybe these ultra beasts weren't discovered because they never went through the portal. That would be a good reason to why we never seen them.

If that is the case then i think i can be fine with them. Just have new ultra beasts though because they are from another world and will make more sense than getting new pokemon that live in the normal pokemon world.

So new ultra beasts now makes sense to me and i am willing to accept them. Before i didn't think it through but now i am understanding it a bit more.

Think of it this way as well. Even this year in the real world researchers discovered new animal species. So if we're still discovering new species in 2017 on our planet then it's not at all surprising that in the Pokemon world there are still many species to discover in Ultra Space (which is another world altogether)

If you're interested, type something like "new species discovered in 2017" into Google.

Last edited:
    Years
  • tumblr_inline_ow9559NHxF1r4eg07_540.png

This screenshot shows the event Rockruff is male, which I recall both X/Y's launch event Torchic and S/M's Munchlax were. This will be something important to take into account for the Trade Corner if it turns out that this Rockruff (and to an extent Dusk Lycanroc) is male-only.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I find it odd that a being from another dimension just so happens to look like a clown from our world...)

Well there's a fish in our world that looks like it's getting ready for a night out on the town. (It's called the red lipped batfish)

Red-Lipped-Batfish-390x205.jpg
    redlippedbatfish.jpg

Nature can surprise you. (so arguably nature from a strange alternate dimension can surprise you even more)

(This guy is also the reason I can't really take people who say Bruxish is a bad design seriously)

Last edited:

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I don't really see UB's as "Pokemon"

If you think about it though (and this is well-known), UBs are, quite simply, extraterrestrial Pokemon. The fact that they're from a different dimension doesn't change the fact that they're Pokemon, and even to them, the Pokemon of our world, like Pikachu, Kyogre and the like, could be perceived as Ultra Beasts to them!

But anyway, I know I'm a latecomer to the party, but I'm looking forward to what they might do with the new beasts this time around, whether it's their typing, names or even their stats. I can see UB Assembly being a hard wall or at least a tank, and I can possibly see it being a Rock-type, and even potentially an alternative to Celesteela, which is weird because that's another Ultra Beast (and also my favourite one). UB Burst, on the other hand, I can possibly see it being Fairy or something, but I don't really see geared up for defensive prowess at all because it looks pretty frail. If I had to hazard a guess at their stats, this is what it would be:

UB Burst:
    HP: 79
    Attack: 83
    Defense: 47
    Sp. Attack: 167
    Sp. Defense: 47
    Speed: 113

UB Assembly:
    HP: 101
    Attack: 97
    Defense: 127
    Sp. Attack: 87
    Sp. Defense: 113
    Speed: 31

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    By the way, I thought I'd try speculating what the UBs typings could be.

I'm getting a Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic vibe from UB Burst. Mainly because the move it used appeared to be fire type and it just looks like it would be either Fairy or Psychic.

UB Assembly is giving me either Rock/Electric or Rock/Psychic vibes. People say that it's Steel type but I don't really see it since it's supposed to be a wall. (Yeah I know you can have steel walls but design wise this guy looks more like a rock wall)

Last edited:
    Years
  • UB Burst:
    HP: 79
    Attack: 83
    Defense: 47
    Sp. Attack: 167
    Sp. Defense: 47
    Speed: 113

UB Assembly:

Good stat predictions! I feel Burst would be a special attacker and Assembly a defensive wall as well.

By the way, I thought I'd try speculating what the UBs typings could be.

I'm getting a Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic vibe from UB Burst. Mainly because the move it used appeared to be fire type and it just looks like it would be either Fairy or Psychic.

UB Assembly is giving me either Rock/Electric or Rock/Psychic vibes. People say that it's Steel type but I don't really see it since it's supposed to be a wall. (Yeah I know you can have steel walls but design wise this guy looks more like a rock wall)

I'm guessing Assembly is Rock/Psychic as well, since rock walls you know. And it looks like those lines on it that change colour may suggest Psychic. Burst looks like it could be Fairy, cause you know... Mr. Mime?

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...
    Years
  • I'm getting a Fire/Fairy or Fire/Psychic vibe from UB Burst. Mainly because the move it used appeared to be fire type and it just looks like it would be either Fairy or Psychic.

Not only that, but it was shown in the trailer to use a move that was super effective against Decidueye and Metagross. However, that doesn't specify whether it'll be Fire though, it could potentially be also a Ghost or a Dark move. From the looks of things though, it doesn't look like a Dark move, so Dark can be safely ruled out.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    UB Assembly:

It wouldn't surprise me if Assembly's defenses were even more drastic than this. Considering it's a literal wall/tower Pokemon. (on top of being an Ultra Beast, which tend to have wacky stats)

Something like what Pheromosa had, except with it's hp and defence instead of attack and speed.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I am not ungrateful.

Hm...

I am not happy with this news.

...if you say so.

Anyway, it's okay to not like the news we have received, and it's also okay that you are not excited to get the new games, but what is not okay is to repeatedly spread your negativity around and slapping it all to our faces.

Last edited:

L'Belle

I am beauty!
    Years
  • I think Burst must be psychic, and Assembly must be rock. Don't know the other typings (If they even have one). I'm also wondering what their real name will be.

Years
  • Not only that, but it was shown in the trailer to use a move that was super effective against Decidueye and Metagross. However, that doesn't specify whether it'll be Fire though, it could potentially be also a Ghost or a Dark move. From the looks of things though, it doesn't look like a Dark move, so Dark can be safely ruled out.

I think it's either Fire or Ghost if it was super-effective, since those are the only types (along with Dark) Decidueye and Metagross share a common weakness to.

I'm seriously hoping Ghost, because Mimikyu made the Ghost/Fairy typing awesome and I'd love to see another one with it. But Fire/Fairy would be a unique typing if that happens.

But looking at Burst's design, it doesn't look like a Fire-type so I'd say Ghost/Fairy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Assembly's defenses were even more drastic than this. Considering it's a literal wall/tower Pokemon. (on top of being an Ultra Beast, which tend to have wacky stats)

Something like what Pheromosa had, except with it's hp and defence instead of attack and speed.

I think it'll have very high Defense and Sp. Defense but extremely bad Speed. I think the slowest UB might be Guzzlord or Celesteela iirc, so I think Assembly might be slower than both of them if it's going to have a lot of defensive investment.

Last edited:

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Hm...

...if you say so.

Anyway, it's okay to not like the news we have received, and it's also okay that you are not excited to get the new games, but what is not okay is to repeatedly spread your negativity around and slapping it all to our faces.

I am not. I am getting tired of stuff being made up about me. Can we all move on?

I think that Assembly would be part Rock. It seems pretty obvious considering it's design. Not sure about the other ultra beast.

Back