• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
    Hi everyone! I am HolgoreDS or Dave, Its a pleasure to meet you

Hello, HolgoreDS, and welcome to the forums! It is a pleasure to meet you too!
    Do you have a favourite game ? Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

It's been a week or two since i've joined, but never really introduced myself. I've been playing Pokemon since Gen 5 with Platinum being my favorite Pokemon game. My other interests include Dungeons and Dragons, WIngs of Fire, Earthbound, and Star Wars among others. Alakazam is my favorite Pokemon, and the Samurott line is my favorite starter. Glad to finally join someplace where I can share all my stories and opinions!

Hello, ForsetiMaster06, and welcome to the forums!
    What in Platinum makes it your favourite game ?

Alakazam and Samurott sure are cool pokémon!

Don't hesitate to talk about your other interests in the Off-Topic section!

We look forward to hear your stories and opinions!

Years
    I have a lotad 89/160 card. Has anyone heard of this card?? I can't find it on internet

Hello I'm new here and I have a question about a card.. I have a lotad 89/160 card but I can't find anything about it.. anyone heard of it,??

Hello, Tallyspencer. Please refrain from posting the same thing several times. If you want, you can always edit your post to add / modify anything you want in it.

That said, welcome to the forums! Do you have other interests in Pokémon related stuff, besides cards ? Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Years
    I think Platinum has the best balance of challenge and content. Heartgold/Soulsilver and Black 2 and White 2 are also some of my favorites for similar quailty and nostalgic reasons.

I played Black 2, it is my 2nd favourite! The Black Tower, the underwater treasure, ...
    But my number one favourite will alwys be Red, nostalgic reasons! ^^

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Hi everyone, as some of you might know, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been posting on this site as often as I used to, though I have kind of been lurking around here. But since I know that I haven't posted here in quite a while actually, I thought that I'd come back, and say hello, and check in on this site. So how is everyone doing?

Years
    Hi everyone, as some of you might know, I'm not exactly new, but I haven't been posting on this site as often as I used to, though I have kind of been lurking around here. But since I know that I haven't posted here in quite a while actually, I thought that I'd come back, and say hello, and check in on this site. So how is everyone doing?

Hello, PokemonMegaFan, and welcome back to the forums!
    What parts of Pokémon related stuff are you interested in ?

It is all good here! You ?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Yeah, I'm good. As for what parts of Pokemon related stuff that I'm interested in, recently I had been re-watching the Pokemon anime, specifically the 1st Season, Pokemon Indigo League on my complete series DVD set. I do kind of like Ash from the Pokemon anime, and I usually like to try to use a lot of the Pokemon that Ash used from the various seasons of the anime on my Pokemon games. I usually try to base my teams on my games around Pokemon that Ash used, but I still try to give them the best moves, and I have been trying to diversify my teams a little bit more lately. I also really like Misty, as she has always been my favorite Poke girl, since she was the first, and the original Poke girl, and I'll admit, that even though she's hot tempered, and doesn't always get along with Ash, I've always kind of had a bit of a small crush on her. I've also lately been trying to use a lot of the Pokemon that Misty used on my Pokemon games.

Speaking of my Pokemon games, I still occasionally play my Y version, but I still have a lot of Pokemon filled up in my PC Boxes, and I'm still trying to trade some of them away, in exchange for Magikarps, cause I find them the most useless Pokemon, to clear out some PC Box space. I know that Magikarp evolves into Gyarados who is more powerful, but I personally don't really use Gyarados and that's mainly because it evolves from such a useless Pokemon like Magikarp, so I find Magikarps to be the best throw-away Pokemon. No offense to anyone who uses Gyarados, of course, but that's just my opinion, because Magikarps are so useless. And believe me, I still have like all of my 31 PC Boxes almost completely filled up. So that's why I'm still trying to get rid of some more of Pokemon by trading them away.

By the way, do you know if there is any trick to being able to add more Boxes to the PC, without cheating, of course? Cause I remember one time before, I only had 30 PC Boxes, and some how, and I don't know how, but I remember one time after using Poke Bank, some how it added an extra PC Box to my Y game, and that's why I have 31 PC Boxes now.

Oh, and I also got my X version back from my brother recently.

Years

That is an interesting challenge you are doing here! I, for one, will always feel nostalgia when thinking back about the first seasons!
    Especially the fights involving my favourite pokémon, Charizard (vs Magmar, vs Blaziken, vs Articuno(!), ...). ^^

Well, good luck getting great pokémon you will like in your trades!

Sorry, I don't know about that... Maybe you can ask in the Previous Games section!

Back