• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Hi Everyone. I've played every generation of pokemon game since gen 1 on my old gameboy, played pokemon snap and stadium on N64 did my first nuzlocke in 2012 (think it was a pokemon platinum run). I grew up with pokemon, getting one of each generations as they were released over the years. Arceus was a breath of fresh air in terms of updating the gameplay a bit. I also have played Go and Unite which are alright, but got a bit repetitive -I like good stories and the team building of the main games. I don't have a favourite pokemon but I tend to like the ones that have a more animalistic design instead of mechanical or humanoid.

More recently, I discovered romhacks and they're really fun. First one I played was rocket red ( awesome game.) I have recently beaten 1 run through of this Gym of mine byt have limited pc access so not played it since. Currently playing Emerald Rogue. I like the challenge provided by the tougher hacks but I'm not always very good at them - I like to use pokemon I like over breeding for shiny/iv/ev/egg moves etc, and you have to do that in higher difficulty/competitive gameplay.

I also enjoy reading the occasional fanfiction so will likely be reading people's posts and commenting on occasion.
    Nice to meet you all

Years
    Hi Everyone. I've played every generation of pokemon game since gen 1 on my old gameboy, played pokemon snap and stadium on N64 did my first nuzlocke in 2012 (think it was a pokemon platinum run). I grew up with pokemon, getting one of each generations as they were released over the years. Arceus was a breath of fresh air in terms of updating the gameplay a bit. I also have played Go and Unite which are alright, but got a bit repetitive -I like good stories and the team building of the main games. I don't have a favourite pokemon but I tend to like the ones that have a more animalistic design instead of mechanical or humanoid.

More recently, I discovered romhacks and they're really fun. First one I played was rocket red ( awesome game.) I have recently beaten 1 run through of this Gym of mine byt have limited pc access so not played it since. Currently playing Emerald Rogue. I like the challenge provided by the tougher hacks but I'm not always very good at them - I like to use pokemon I like over breeding for shiny/iv/ev/egg moves etc, and you have to do that in higher difficulty/competitive gameplay.

I also enjoy reading the occasional fanfiction so will likely be reading people's posts and commenting on occasion.
    Nice to meet you all

Hello KaosMagpie, and welcome to the forums!
    It is always great to see new members who have been playing Pokémon since Generation 1 (like me ^^)!
    What makes Rocket Red one of your favourite ROM hacks ?
    Have you also tried some fan games ? There are some great ones I could recommend!

It is nice to meet you too!

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Hello KaosMagpie, and welcome to the forums!
    It is always great to see new members who have been playing Pokémon since Generation 1 (like me ^^)!
    What makes Rocket Red one of your favourite ROM hacks ?
    Have you also tried some fan games ? There are some great ones I could recommend!

It is nice to meet you too!

I think it was a combination of the ability ro play the bad guy and steal pokemon plus the nostalgia value and then the unique twist on the story is why I enjoyed Rocket Red.

I'll take any recommendations you have.

Yay a fellow gen 1 gamer! *feels old*
    Red blue or yellow as your first game?

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    Hi Everyone. I've played every generation of pokemon game since gen 1 on my old gameboy, played pokemon snap and stadium on N64 did my first nuzlocke in 2012 (think it was a pokemon platinum run). I grew up with pokemon, getting one of each generations as they were released over the years.

Don't feel alone feeling old, I've been playing since gen 1, too! On the old gameboy... They made those things indestructible, I dropped mine on concrete so many times as a kid and it never broke, lol. Have you always been into the games, or was it an off and on kind of deal? For me, I got out of it multiple times over the years, but always eventually went back to it. Anyway, welcome to PC!

Years
    I think it was a combination of the ability ro play the bad guy and steal pokemon plus the nostalgia value and then the unique twist on the story is why I enjoyed Rocket Red.

I'll take any recommendations you have.

Yay a fellow gen 1 gamer! *feels old*
    Red blue or yellow as your first game?

I can suggest Solar Light - Lunar Dark, Zeta / Omicron, Insurgence, and if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!
    It was Red, and Charizard has been my number one favourite Pokémon ever since! What about you ?

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hello to everyone! I am happy to join😃

Hello there elkaella, and welcome to the PC! We're happy to have you!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon game?

Nice to meet you all

And Hello to you as well KaosMagpie, welcome to the PC!

Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?

Days
    • Seen Jun 22, 2023
    Hi guys I am new to this and I whould be very thankfull if somebody can explain basics to me. Thanks.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hi guys I am new to this and I whould be very thankfull if somebody can explain basics to me. Thanks.

Hello there Alokin16, and welcome to the PC forums!

It would help a lot if you could explain what you mean by 'basics'. If you'd like some help with site navigation, how to use the chat box, how to edit your profile,
    whatever you need help learning, we're here to help! But it would be much easier if whoever's helping you knows where to start. 👍

Years

Hello Alokin16, and welcome to the forums!
    Are you asking about the basics of the forums ?

In Community Square, you will find subsections for suggestion, feedback, support and help. This is also where you can raise a Virtual Pokémon Pet, join PC's Discord server, suggest ideas for Daily articles.

In Pokémon Scarlet & Violet, you will find the threads regarding these two last games, as well as the section to ask and help for trades, and one for player runs' travels and journals!

Pokémon Gaming covers the older main games, as well as the spinoffs, mobile and Switch games. You will also see the section about challenges like nuzlockes!

The Pokémon General discussion section is about everything general on Pokémon, as well as TCG, the anime and films, and Pokémon themed forum games in Trivia.

The Fan Games section covers everything about fan games and ROM hacks, development, technical stuff, asking or offering help, showcases, ...

In Create & Discover, you will see the fan fictions and writings, the fan arts and comics, and the subsections centered on roleplay.

In Entertainment & Media, we have threads for clubs on various things, and off-topic threads on films, video games, anime and manga!

Finally, Off Topic Discussions is here to discuss about Internet and technology, off-topic in general and to have fun in forum games!

I hope it helps!

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    I can suggest Solar Light - Lunar Dark, Zeta / Omicron, Insurgence, and if you are into top level battles and hairpulling puzzles, Reborn!
    It was Red, and Charizard has been my number one favourite Pokémon ever since! What about you ?

I will certainly check them out once I'm done with different emerald rogue challenges. -current run is a shiny only one so replacing lost shinies takes time.
    I have red too! Yea charizard is amazing although I often had an arcanine in playthtoughs back then instead -depending on if I picked a fire starter.

And Hello to you as well KaosMagpie, welcome to the PC!
    Do you have a favorite Pokemon Type?
    Thank you, good to be here. Favorite type? Hmm, Dark is my favorite, but I also love Fire and Dragon types. Grass are really versatile too...
    How about you? Favorite pokemon? Favored type??

Don't feel alone feeling old, I've been playing since gen 1, too! On the old gameboy... They made those things indestructible, I dropped mine on concrete so many times as a kid and it never broke, lol. Have you always been into the games, or was it an off and on kind of deal? For me, I got out of it multiple times over the years, but always eventually went back to it. Anyway, welcome to PC!

I still have my original gameboy! It still works too just needs 4 batteries so it's really energy inefficient.

stringzzz

Banned
    Years
    I still have my original gameboy! It still works too just needs 4 batteries so it's really energy inefficient.

Hah, awesome. I think I might still have mine somewhere, but it's probably buried in boxes. And yeah, the youngsters don't know how it was having to try and play games as much as possible before the batteries ran out, something nobody really has to worry about anymore being able to plug it in anytime. XD

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Thank you, good to be here. Favorite type? Hmm, Dark is my favorite, but I also love Fire and Dragon types. Grass are really versatile too...
    How about you? Favorite pokemon? Favored type??

Great to see another user who loves Dark Types! They're my favorite as well! Though I also like Ice and Steel types. My favorite Pokemon is Absol, very shortly followed by Weavile. What's your favorite Pokemon game?

Days
    • Seen Nov 7, 2023
    Hah, awesome. I think I might still have mine somewhere, but it's probably buried in boxes. And yeah, the youngsters don't know how it was having to try and play games as much as possible before the batteries ran out, something nobody really has to worry about anymore being able to plug it in anytime. XD

When my son is older I'll introduce him to the retro gameboy and all the games I still have.

Great to see another user who loves Dark Types! They're my favorite as well! Though I also like Ice and Steel types. My favorite Pokemon is Absol, very shortly followed by Weavile. What's your favorite Pokemon game?

Absol, umbreon, weavile and misdreavus are some of my fav pokes too. I liked ice type before dark was announced in gen 1, but fell out of love with them when I realised as a child how fragile they are -too many weaknesses to be fun to play with. In gen 1 most of the ice types were also water type so their weaknesses weren't as apparent.

I don't really have a favorite game -I loved gold but it won't work anymore since internal battery died, same issue with my Sapphire version. I really liked Pokemon platinum. The remakes of gen 2, 3 amd 4 were all fun to play through. Of newer games I enjoyed the sun/moon games and more recently I liked Arceus and Scarlet/violet was pretty good for its open world. Just find evwry gen since gen 6 getting too easy/sanitised. -don't see enemies like Team Rocket or plasma anymore that's for sure. The original generations had fairly dark undertones that just aren't really in the newer stuff.

Your favorite game and why?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    When my son is older I'll introduce him to the retro gameboy and all the games I still have.

Absol, umbreon, weavile and misdreavus are some of my fav pokes too. I liked ice type before dark was announced in gen 1, but fell out of love with them when I realised as a child how fragile they are -too many weaknesses to be fun to play with. In gen 1 most of the ice types were also water type so their weaknesses weren't as apparent.

I don't really have a favorite game -I loved gold but it won't work anymore since internal battery died, same issue with my Sapphire version. I really liked Pokemon platinum. The remakes of gen 2, 3 amd 4 were all fun to play through. Of newer games I enjoyed the sun/moon games and more recently I liked Arceus and Scarlet/violet was pretty good for its open world. Just find evwry gen since gen 6 getting too easy/sanitised. -don't see enemies like Team Rocket or plasma anymore that's for sure. The original generations had fairly dark undertones that just aren't really in the newer stuff.

Hello, I merged your two posts since they were in a row. But you can always quote several people in one post, as well as edit it to modify / add anything you want in it, so you will not need to post several times!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

I agree that a lot of Ice Type Pokemon are a little frail, (just look at Weavile for example, 4X weak to Fighting moves... yikes!) But some of them make up for that in other ways, like high Defence/HP, or in Weavile's case, a really high Attack stat!

I got the chance to play through Crystal on the 3DS's Virtual Console thing, and I loved it! Though my personal favorite game so far is Shield.
    I love the region, I really liked a lot of the QoL features of that Gen, (some of which they took out in Gen 9 for whatever stupid reason) I LOVE the 3
    Legendaries of the base game, (they very much remind me of special weapons that were used in my favorite old cartoon) I really like the Gym/E4/Champion fight music, I (very surprisingly) liked Leon as a Champion, The story kinda just exists though, and the base game's 'wild area' sucks real bad, but those are overlookable to me. (oh, and the BEEG POKMON gimmick did nothing for me either lol) It is a shame that they aren't making the darker themed stories of the past anymore though...

Which game had the best music to you?

Back