• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello y'all, I have known Pokémon for many years now, and I just found out about this forum because of a romhack lol my first game was SoulSilver! Nice to meet you btw.
    Hi! I don't even know how people discover forums like this at this day and age, tbh. How did you find us?

SoulSilver as your first game has got to have been amazing! We were all thinking it was the best thing ever when pokemon could follow you like Pikachu ahah. Nice to meet you too!

Had to dig through an old SD card and all but I finally recovered access to my account, apparently it was signed to ANOTHER gmail I forgot I had. Anyway, it's certainly been a while, like what? Little less than 3 years since I last ever posted anything in here!

3 years where a lot has changed certainly, if I went through it all, it would be a lot of text, haha! For example, my nickname's no longer NotSoMagical, would have changed it, but the settings won't let me, so I'll assume only admins can do such a thing, either that or something is wrong, I don't know but oh well.

Not absolutely everything did, Politoed continues to be my favorite Pokémon and all, although there's really strong competition now.

As to why I'm here again, well, my passion for Pokémon, and creating things in general has been rekindling slowly with time. And with Scarlet/Violet coming out, my mind couldn't avoid thinking about how I'd make my own region... skip a thing, or two, bought like 3 versions of RPG Maker and here I am now, wanting to make a fangame out of said region concept, as early as it is currently. Thought would be nice to return, as well as check some of the fangame scene once again. Currently enjoying the heck out of Pokemon Coral's most recent beta.

I hope my return here is a good one!
    3 years can be a long time o: Welcome back to PC! Yeah, things change here, but it's good that they do, or else we might not have been so active anymore.

I was gonna link the name change thread, but I see you already found it yourself ^^ nice!

ooo politoed is very cute imo. If you had to pick... two other faves, which ones would it be then?

Good luck with your fangame! If you'd ever want to just super-lore out on a fan region and explore it without making an actual game-game of it, there's always the roleplay section of the forums, I highly recommend ;) https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=roleplay-casting

Hope to see you around!

TRICKSTERhat

Game Development is no longer a dream!!
    Years
  • 3 years can be a long time o: Welcome back to PC! Yeah, things change here, but it's good that they do, or else we might not have been so active anymore.

I was gonna link the name change thread, but I see you already found it yourself ^^ nice!

ooo politoed is very cute imo. If you had to pick... two other faves, which ones would it be then?

Good luck with your fangame! If you'd ever want to just super-lore out on a fan region and explore it without making an actual game-game of it, there's always the roleplay section of the forums, I highly recommend ;) https://www.pokecommunity.com/forumdisplay.php?fn=roleplay-casting

Hope to see you around!

Yeah, found the thread eventually, but didn't feel like editing the original post :P

And, well, Shiftry and Kingler are pretty close in my list as well, Shiftry because it's design is just so darn cool, like, come on it's a tengu! And Kingler... because of the same reason really, had one in my Heart Gold team, he was an absolute beast! Always wanted to replay gen 3 so I could add Shiftry into one of my teams as well.

I did actually have a fair bit of experience with Roleplay but I never tried it out in a forum, maybe at some point whenever I'm interested I'd try it, but I ain't really sure myself lol.

Hope I'll stick around!

Years
  • Hello everyone,
    Just joined today but been a BIG Pokemon fan for ages!
    Hope you all are well and I Hooe you have a great day!
    Switch: ON Pokemon Scarlet: Loaded Me: Has a cuppa & chocolate rdy = All Set!

Hello GothicKitty, and welcome to the forums!
    You may find more long time fans of Pokémon here than you may think! ^^
    What was the first generation you played ?

Hello everyone! Nice to meet you all

Hello Thebookklub, and welcome to the forums!
    What movie is you favourite ?

Hello everyone

Hello Zeem2964, and welcome to the forums!
    What is your favourite pokémon ?

Hello y'all, I have known Pokémon for many years now, and I just found out about this forum because of a romhack lol my first game was SoulSilver! Nice to meet you btw.

Hello BeyondDespair, and welcome to the forums!
    Nice way to find a forum! What was your team in SoulSilver ?
    I have been into Pokémon for many years too (my first game was Red ^^)! It is nice to meet you too!

Had to dig through an old SD card and all but I finally recovered access to my account, apparently it was signed to ANOTHER gmail I forgot I had. Anyway, it's certainly been a while, like what? Little less than 3 years since I last ever posted anything in here!
    3 years where a lot has changed certainly, if I went through it all, it would be a lot of text, haha! For example, my nickname's no longer NotSoMagical, would have changed it, but the settings won't let me, so I'll assume only admins can do such a thing, either that or something is wrong, I don't know but oh well.
    Not absolutely everything did, Politoed continues to be my favorite Pokémon and all, although there's really strong competition now.

As to why I'm here again, well, my passion for Pokémon, and creating things in general has been rekindling slowly with time. And with Scarlet/Violet coming out, my mind couldn't avoid thinking about how I'd make my own region... skip a thing, or two, bought like 3 versions of RPG Maker and here I am now, wanting to make a fangame out of said region concept, as early as it is currently. Thought would be nice to return, as well as check some of the fangame scene once again. Currently enjoying the heck out of Pokemon Coral's most recent beta.
    I hope my return here is a good one!

Hello Tricksterhat, and welcome back to the forums!
    I can relate. I got away from Pokémon after Generation 3, but never truly left, still watching films, a few episodes, then played new games, then fan games, and finally discovered PokéCommunity forums! What is your team in Pokémon Coral ?
    Best of luck with your fan game project!

TRICKSTERhat

Game Development is no longer a dream!!
    Years
  • Hello Tricksterhat, and welcome back to the forums!
    I can relate. I got away from Pokémon after Generation 3, but never truly left, still watching films, a few episodes, then played new games, then fan games, and finally discovered PokéCommunity forums! What is your team in Pokémon Coral ?
    Best of luck with your fan game project!

Thank you very much! And yeah, I've been very on and off about how I felt about the Pokémon series in general, so I'm pretty much just looking at the fan community to see how good they could be! Been finding some interesting stuff, especially interested on what is being made with the decompilations. Been wanting to try something out myself with them but I ain't a good coder lol.

New Users Chit-Chat - come say hi!

(Just beat the very first gym!)

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2023
    Hello, ByteRat, and (belated ^^) welcome to the forums!
    Have the forums been to your liking ? Which parts of it do you have special interest for ?
    Feel free to tell us more about yourself!

Sorry I've taken so long to respond I lost my account details but recently got em back!

And yeah their pretty cool tho I sometimes get lost but I'll get the hang of it hope you had a good new years and christmas!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Sorry I've taken so long to respond I lost my account details but recently got em back!

And yeah their pretty cool tho I sometimes get lost but I'll get the hang of it hope you had a good new years and christmas!
    Hi there, ByteRat, hope your new year is good so far!

Hi everybody! How are ya'll doing?
    Good morning c: I'm doing okay but I have to work this week which is sad ahah,,. How are you, fellow enby (i'm assuming from your name and pronouns)?

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    Helloooo, happy new year all, im kega
    I like pokemon lmao
    Really liking the energy here so far i think. gunna go look at some rom hack now..

Years
  • Helloooo, happy new year all, im kega
    I like pokemon lmao
    Really liking the energy here so far i think. gunna go look at some rom hack now..

Hello, Kega, and welcome to the forums. Happy New Year to you too!
    You will find more than a few people here who like Pokémon, hehe! ^^
    You will find the ROM hacks in this section. Have you tried some fan games as well ?

Deltawarrior

Funni lil’ fella
    Years
  • Hi there, ByteRat, hope your new year is good so far!

Good morning c: I'm doing okay but I have to work this week which is sad ahah,,. How are you, fellow enby (i'm assuming from your name and pronouns)?

Yep, that's right!

Hello! I replied to you in your introduction thread. ^^
    I am fine, and hope you are too!

I saw! Glad to hear it!

Years
  • hello everyone! i'm Luna. i've been playing since Gen 1 in the 90s, and my first starter was Squirtle on Red. nowadays i'm a software engineer and i want to make my first custom ROM! looking for other Pokénerds to team up and build something really cool.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Helloooo, happy new year all, im kega
    I like pokemon lmao
    Welcome to PC, Kega! Nice to hear you like our vibe ahah. If you ever grow bored of the rom hack you're welcome to just chill in forum threads with us too :)

hello everyone! i'm Luna. i've been playing since Gen 1 in the 90s, and my first starter was Squirtle on Red. nowadays i'm a software engineer and i want to make my first custom ROM! looking for other Pokénerds to team up and build something really cool.
    Welcome to PC, Luna! we're gen 1 90s buds - although I have to admit I didn't get my hands on my own game until like 2003 d:

Congrats at having a career~ Good luck with your hacking!

Years
  • hello everyone! i'm Luna. i've been playing since Gen 1 in the 90s, and my first starter was Squirtle on Red. nowadays i'm a software engineer and i want to make my first custom ROM! looking for other Pokénerds to team up and build something really cool.

Hello, Luna, and welcome to the forums!
    It is always great to see more fans of Pokémon who have been playing since Generation 1! I played since Red too, though I picked Charmander! ^^
    For finding help in ROM hacking, you can check the Recruitment section. Best of luck with your project!

Years
  • Hello, VaporeonTrainer, and welcome to the forums!
    I have seen your 6 favourite pokémon in your profile, they are great indeed!
    One of them is my second favourite (I will let you guess which one ^^), then, Salamence comes third, followed with Mew, Rayquaza and Milotic. But my number one favourite is, and has always been, Charizard, my starter in Red!

To answer your question here, it depends on your interests. Are you into the official games ? Fan games / ROM hacks ? TCG cards ? The anime ? Forum games ? Art ? ... etc

I have no doubt you will find sections and their many threads to enjoy! Don't hesitate to ask if you have any question, we will be happy to help!

Years
  • Hello everyone, been a long time lurker, but thought I'd finally register and get socially involved. I've been into the Pokémon Gameboy games since they came out and love pretty much everything that extends through to the end of the Gameboy Advance era. I like to record playthroughs and challenges and upload other goofy things to YouTube. Same username as here, if you like watching playthrough challenges, check it out if you got time

Otherwise, excited to finally join the conversation. Thanks for welcoming me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    hi! i joined today, any tips on what i should do?
    Come post in Forum Games or Pokemon Trivia with us ^^ it's chill and people are friendly!

You can sign up for a Virtual Pokemon Pet also, to grow a collection of your favorites to display in a thread or your signature () as you keep posting.

Other than that, just click on sections and threads that look interesting, read their rules threads if they have any such stickies, and just jump into conversation. Have fun!

Hello everyone, been a long time lurker, but thought I'd finally register and get socially involved. I've been into the Pokémon Gameboy games since they came out and love pretty much everything that extends through to the end of the Gameboy Advance era. I like to record playthroughs and challenges and upload other goofy things to YouTube. Same username as here, if you like watching playthrough challenges, check it out if you got time

Otherwise, excited to finally join the conversation. Thanks for welcoming me.
    Welcome to the world of the posting! This is definitely the better world c: You can customize your post flair and avatar and stuff, lurkers don't get that~

Gameboy/GBC/GBA era was amazing and will always have a special place in my heart too. I think the DS/3DS games are my favs though. Have you joined the Challenges section here on PC? I hope your youtube channel goes well!

Back