• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Rebought Pokemon X, Here's my handwave story on using it to learn japanese

My name is James Lee McKigney and I am going to tell you the storyline on why I bought Pokémon X Again.
    ---
    A Year after I became the Champion (Which had not happened yet in game mind you) my relative Kojiro Hikari (No relation to James of Team Rocket) had sent over various tomes from his home country. Ah Kojiro Hikari. Even though we have many things about us different, we are alike in some ways. We even became champions on the same day in our respective regions, He and I sent each other various stuff from our respective countries. He and I would talk about various Games, Media, News and Politics of our regions and we will laugh off the bizarre scenarios. He have the Family Name of Hikari because his family really loved the Mega Man series. (Rockman in his Region) So they changed it to that.

But the tomes that he sent are in a foreign language. This has to be a mistake! I know that the tomes are very powerful and all but I could not make Heads or Tails of it, neither could the professor, nor anyone else in the Kalos region. Recovering from their defeat, Team Flare steals the Tomes and had their magic users cast a hex which will scramble the native languages of me and everyone else within the hour, giving them all the time in the world to decipher the tomes! But Travis Magic (You know, My Starter who is a Delphox) is unaffected.

(These adaptations I have in my mind have some quirks from the Nuzlocke Runs such as all Pokémon knowing the Native Languages and sometimes foreign languages but that's where the similarities end.)

The professor made a proposition to Travis: "How would you like to become a Pokémon Trainer starting now?" Travis replied "Why? Is it because of the tomes that Jim had obtained?" "Oui. Team Flare made off with the Tomes and all our languages here will be scrambled within the hour. But you are unaffected. Your task is to head to カロス地方, a Region that's like our own Kalos where Kojiro Hikari became champion. He will help you study the Japanese language there and you will pick out your starter from プラターヌ博士 once you get into the region. The Modem Link Transport will be ready in about 30 minutes. Give your regards to everyone and afterwards, start packing." "Okay then professor!"

Travis gathered everyone and starting with me, gave his farewells. " Jim, You are a kind trainer if somewhat crazy, but you can count on me on getting the tomes back!" "I understand. Good luck Travis." and then after giving his regards to the gym leaders, the challengers, the Pokémon that I had accumulated by trading and what have you, Travis started packing some dictionaries, study guides, study aids, flash cards, toothbrushes, toothpaste (Pokémon Getting their teeth brushed have their minds blown at the wonderful sensation) Spiderman Comics, Various Video Games that can be accessed in the 3DS, Wii and Wii U Virtual Console, a Round Trip Modem Link Bookmark to the City of Townsdale (The name of the Animal Crossing Town that I will be using in this story as something akin to Chao Gardens,) Entire Seasons of Power Rangers and Beetleborgs, and a slew of other stuff to keep him motivated through the long and dangerous journey.

After the 30 Minutes had passed, the Modem Link Transport is Ready. "So long everyone! I'm off to カロス地方 to get the Tomes back from Team Flare. Wish me luck!" Everyone cheered on for the First Pokémon who is now a Pokémon Trainer. Professor Sycamore begins the Transfer, sending Travis Magic off "We are depending on you Travis! Kick Team Flare's butts for me and everyone else! so Good luck and bon voyage!" And with that, Travis is transported to カロス地方.

Will Count Lysandre strike the first blow? Will the people of カロス地方 be forced to pledge allegiance to someone they can't stand? Will Travis Magic be stuck in a dead end scenario for the rest of his life or will he become the first Pokémon Trainer Pokémon to become the Champion, get the tomes back from Team Flare and kick their twisted imperial butts? Find out at some point because I got to play the darn game to find out.
    ---
    Anyways, I have been playing Pokémon ever since the days of the Game Boy Color and Advance. I was a little crazy at times and I enjoyed the games none the less. But I still had gotten on and off about the various game and only recently I got interested again because I remember the fun I had Playing Pokémon X and I bought it again because It will be like that of a second save game file without overwriting my English language profile. I am also studying Japanese because I want to learn a new language and I might move to Japan provided I get my Vet Tech education and make enough of a living to make the one way trip.

Enough about me, I swear to abide by the rules, and to be fair and to treat everybody as if they were me. I vow to Help other people at all times, and to be Excellent to everyone. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to get studying for my various classes.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2015
    Hey Guys!!

I mainly joined the community to get help/ resources as i am trying to create a custom pokemon game for my fiancee for xmas (which could potentially be a bit of a mammoth task in the time ive got)

I've got the map editing and text editing relatively covered, so i mainly looking for help with custom titles screens, adding NPC's and modding pokemon.

I am a massive noob to this so any help appreciated as I have next to no experience with scripting and I am open to any ideas and thread recommendations available to help me get started.

PM me or post a reply if you can help.

Cheers

Dafydd

Years
  • Hello people I'm new and I hope to make friends. best place to start ^^

Hey Welcome to PC goon . PC is place where u can make new friends. Are u enjoying yourself around. Try to stick with PC . If u feel bored or run into any trouble just msg me or ask any other member . Everybody is more than happy to help new members.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2015
    hello my name is Anthony. my favorite games were Gen. 2, Crystal being my absolute favorite. my 3DS Friend Code is 0018-4065-8605. feel free to add me for battles and trades! make sure to send me a message you I can register you in my friends list.

Years
  • hello my name is Anthony. my favorite games were Gen. 2, Crystal being my absolute favorite. my 3DS Friend Code is 0018-4065-8605. feel free to add me for battles and trades! make sure to send me a message you I can register you in my friends list.

I saw your message earlier so I figured why not say hello?

Anyways, great to see you Anthony! Crystal is a true classic of a Pokemon game, and hopefully we might get 2nd Gen re-released on the 3DS Virtual Console sometime, after the recent announcement of the 1st Gen re-release. Based on your interests, why not check out Trade Corner and Battling & Team Building for your trading and battling needs, and also make sure to leave your friend code in the X & Y section's Friend Codes thread so that others can add you.

Hopefully that helps, and I'll see you around.

raddarisawesome

you are not what people think you are, but what pe
    Years
  • hi guys! The names Lee Jia,but i prefer to call myself raddarisawesome.Im still fairly new to the community,and I'm always either spriting or playing hack roms. My favorite hack rom is blaze black 2 by drayano (woooooo!).currently im in the art and design section,working on a regi army sprite project, and may be starting a new thread soon about it.

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • hello guys im killer 150! I joined for almost a week and adapt quickly into the community. . By the way I currently having my last term exam and I cannot wait to finish it. My hobbies are drawing and playing computer games( World of Tanks is my favorite). Nice to meet you guys #^_^

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • hi guys! The names Lee Jia,but i prefer to call myself raddarisawesome.Im still fairly new to the community,and I'm always either spriting or playing hack roms. My favorite hack rom is blaze black 2 by drayano (woooooo!).currently im in the art and design section,working on a regi army sprite project, and may be starting a new thread soon about it.
    Heyo! Welcome! It's always nice to see new members into ROM hacking, there a lot of room to grow! I hope you enjoy your stay!

hello guys im killer 150! I joined for almost a week and adapt quickly into the community. . By the way I currently having my last term exam and I cannot wait to finish it. My hobbies are drawing and playing computer games( World of Tanks is my favorite). Nice to meet you guys #^_^
    Welcome to PC! I've seen you once or twice already, I think. :p World of Tanks is a name I haven't heard of in quite a while. I used to play it, is it still good? Might give it a go later on ;)

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • Welcome to PC! I've seen you once or twice already, I think. :p World of Tanks is a name I haven't heard of in quite a while. I used to play it, is it still good? Might give it a go later on ;)[/SIZE][/FONT]

I play that game for 2 years now and face a lot of tomatoes.... But hey it is just a game right? Good players can get use to it :). If you know the light tank ELC AMX, that is my favourite tank.

KetsuekiR

Ridiculously unsure
    Years
  • I play that game for 2 years now and face a lot of tomatoes.... But hey it is just a game right? Good players can get use to it :). If you know the light tank ELC AMX, that is my favourite tank.
    Not familiar with tanks, to be honest with you xD I've always preferred aviation :p I might just get into this game now that you've reminded me it exists xD

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    Pokemon Challenges/Nuzlockes

Hey guys, I'm a big fan of Pokemon, (Obviously) and I'm looking for some new challenges to spice my, and other fellow trainers, experiences in the Pokemon world. So if you have any challenge ideas, like Nuzlockes, Wonderlockes, etc. Or funny stories from past challenges, please post them here.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2016
    Hi there.
    There's a whole index of challenges!
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=323769

And I personally think one of the ones near the bottom - "Naturelocke" Sounds super interesting. More forgiving in general Nuzlocke rules, but very restrictive about its own unique rules (basically, your Pokemons nature dictates the moves it can use, how it is healed, and various other things.)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2017
    Oh that's really cool.
    I'm new too, and if you want a challenge not listed,
    a randomizer nuzlocke is really crazy, unpredictable, and sometimes all out ridiculously hard.
    Basically, its this program that randomizes almost ecerything in your pokemon game, meaning all the pokemon are different, starters, wild and trainers and all their movesets are randomized too.
    You can even randomize pokemon and move types.
    Im still new so i cant link where to find it, or show what it's like but you should try it if you want something crazy.

Years
  • How's everyone doing? I'm Al, Excited to be part of this forum heard good things from my friend. =)

Nice to meet you here, Al. So, how is it all going for you?

Awesome to be recommended PC from a friend of yours because well, we're like advanced for a Pokemon forum and you'll see what makes us different. There's so much to explore so hopefully there's something that will interest you.

I'll let you discover the rest yourself, but if you ever want to talk do visit my profile!

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I'm Jiro_Lee here but you can call me Mako! I'm from the philippines... and I'm very interested in making a fangame of pokemon featuring my country because it seems that no western country knows much about our land and since I like Pokemon I decided to make a region on my own ages ago... now i joined PC in hoping that I could assemble a team to make my dreams as well of the dreams of my fellow Pokefans here in the philippines into reality ....... btw I like Luxray because i think its cool!

Here's my DeviantArt acount mAk0-aStral or at Pinterest as Mark Jiro I hope to have many friends from around the world who share the love for Pokemon as I do...

Anyways... I dont know much about programming or blogging but I'm willing to learn!

hey there! I live at Malaysia. Yeah i have friends from Philippines too. Good luck on making new fan games, I will check it out if you release alpha or beta version of hacks. Besides, I love Luxray too! They look awesome.

So, nice to meet you ;)

EternalSushi

Fresh for a lifetime.
    Years
    • Age 27
    • HK
    • Seen Sep 9, 2017
    Heyo, Sushi here. Been around from time to time, but I think I'm going to try to be more active in the future. I used to be here about three years ago under another account, though. Good to see some changes around here!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back