• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2015
    Welcome~! Saying hi isn't spam, it's what you're meant to do here :3 I realize this place can be a bit intimidating with all its sections and rules and... So many things you should and shouldn't do. But really, just use common sense and try to be nice at all times and there's nothing to worry about.

PC isn't just a forum for searching for information on or engage in discussions about pokémon games and hacks. There are tons of things you can do here if you're bored or just really eager, haha. You can write fanfiction, you can get to know other forum members through games taking place within threads, you can join "clubs" which are threads where you sign up and become part of a group that fangirls over a certain topic, you can participate in pokémon game challenges where you play your old games in new ways, you can find fanart and talk about food and create your own region or just create a thread asking which kanto starter people preferred to use. If there's anything in life you feel like talking about, PC is basically a home on the web for those who can at least say that pokémon is or has been one of their favorite things.

So of course that's intimidating! But also very friendly. If you feel like you'd need somebody to show you around a bit, there's an Adoption Center which looks a lot more advanced than it is. There you can get someone who promises to help you out with any questions and show you things you might like for a few days. It's useful :3

Good luck, and you can always stop by my own profile and send a Visitor Message if you feel like just chatting about nothing or have a question of course!
    Ohkie, take 2 for this reply, somehow it was deleted because I used links or smilies or something along those lines

Well, thanks! I'll try and feel less intimidated, your welcome replies have been helpful so far haha. I don't know about the adoption center, I feel like I'm going to be a bother to the people there which I really don't want to be. I dunno, maybe I'll try.
    And yeah, I'll try and be here for more than just rom hacks haha. The clubs and such sound very interesting!
    Thanks again for the reply!

Years
    Welcome, Orutemia! Fellow European here :3 We like new artists! Do you draw or do mostly pixel stuff, then? I wish you luck with your work, and that you'll have fun on PC.
    I have to admit, I'm a fanartist and I hardly do pixel stuff, except for Pokémon Essentials. Thank you! ^o^

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Hello everyone! I'm new here and well it's my first time being on a forum like this and I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone who's new here luck as well ^_^ I haven't had the time to edit my profile or even put in a signature for school reasons e.e Meaning I haven't had the time lol but hopefully once I get the chance I'll be able to battle, trade, discuss, and try the hacks here :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone! I'm new here and well it's my first time being on a forum like this and I just wanted to say hello and wish everyone who's new here luck as well ^_^ I haven't had the time to edit my profile or even put in a signature for school reasons e.e Meaning I haven't had the time lol but hopefully once I get the chance I'll be able to battle, trade, discuss, and try the hacks here :)

Welcome to the forums then! Your username looks really cool. School's though huh? Yeah :/ but it's nice to have a big place like this to go to when it's finally over!

I see you made a signature at least :) I hope you've found some fun hacks or threads too! See you around~

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2016
    Welcome to the forums then! Your username looks really cool. School's though huh? Yeah :/ but it's nice to have a big place like this to go to when it's finally over!

I see you made a signature at least :) I hope you've found some fun hacks or threads too! See you around~

Hehe It's an old nickname I came up with (^.^) It just stuck c:
    And yep ;_; But you're right, least I get to come here when I get the chance (^.^) I haven't even had time to play the new Mystery Dungeon game!! ;_;

And thankies ^_^ !

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Hi all :) I'm Fannie/Nicole/whatever so long as I know you mean me. I just got Pokemon X and it's been a little while since I've played Pokemon (the most recent game I'd previously played was B/W) so there's a lot of new features I'm not used to. Perfect excuse to join this fabulous looking community and maybe make some friends!

Years
    Hi all :) I'm Fannie/Nicole/whatever so long as I know you mean me. I just got Pokemon X and it's been a little while since I've played Pokemon (the most recent game I'd previously played was B/W) so there's a lot of new features I'm not used to. Perfect excuse to join this fabulous looking community and maybe make some friends!

Oh hey we have similar names! Mine's actually got an extra letter in it, but it gets so easily missed and that leads to me suffering from misspelling. Welcome to the forums by the way!

How are you enjoying X by the way? I have around 7 shiny Pokemon on my copy (one of which is a Miltank, which is apparently your fave Pokemon so figured I'd mention it) and a maxed-out play time. The trainer customization is fun, as is the huge flexibility of the large regional Dex. Go discuss it in the X & Y section here if you want to learn a bit more about the games.

I hope you do stick around with us because there's so much you won't want to miss, and do visit my profile if you ever want someone to chat to!

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    Oh hey we have similar names! Mine's actually got an extra letter in it, but it gets so easily missed and that leads to me suffering from misspelling. Welcome to the forums by the way!

How are you enjoying X by the way? I have around 7 shiny Pokemon on my copy (one of which is a Miltank, which is apparently your fave Pokemon so figured I'd mention it) and a maxed-out play time. The trainer customization is fun, as is the huge flexibility of the large regional Dex. Go discuss it in the X & Y section here if you want to learn a bit more about the games.

I hope you do stick around with us because there's so much you won't want to miss, and do visit my profile if you ever want someone to chat to!

Oh, wow! I think your spelling is the more French way. So people may mispell it but at least you can feel fancy :)

I love X so far! There's some really nice new Pokemon and being able to personalise your character is so nice. And I keep getting lost in the cities. I'm jealous of your Miltank. I'll make it my mission to get my own :D Shiny encounters are higher in X/Y, aren't they?

I plan on staying. This site and it's members all seem very nice :)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Hi I'm sorta new. I joined because i like pokemon. I saw something about fanfic? I'm keen on reading some if you know any :D

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    I wonder how I overlooked this lol. Oh well. Anyway my name is Kyo but I'm commonly known as Kaiyu. Since the age of six or seven I've been into Pokémon. The very first game that I bought was Pokémon Yellow. I've played all of the main games from every generation and a few spin-off games. As of right now my favorite game is Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Let's see what else to add....? I'm into a few things such as drawing or writing and I like trying out new things. Anyway if you'd like to know more about me feel free to leave me a message on my profile. And with that have a great day everyone.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    Hello everyone. Nice to meet you all. You can call me Fiori (this is my nick name). I've been a fan of Pokémon since I was at the age of four. I went on a hiatus after Pokémon Emerald and returned when Pokémon OR/AS was released. If you have any questions about myself or just want someone to talk to leave me a message. I'm usually fast at replying back once I see it. Anyway hope to see you guys around. Have a good day/afternoon/night. ^ ^

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    Hello everyone! It is very nice to meet you all here! :)

Btw, I'm trying to send FioraKikuchi a private message, but am unable to do so due to some reason. Could someone please help me? :)

It says that she has blocked private messages or something :/

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 6, 2016
    @ Master Snowy I didn't block it. And hello.

Edit: Never mind. Yes I did. I have it set for only friends and moderators can send me a private message.

Last edited:
    Years
    Well I'm here... Hi

Guess I will tell the story of how I got into Pokemon
    So my older brother got a gameboy and Pokemon yellow for Christmas one year. He played it, finished it and then never touched it again. I decided that I wanted to play it since he was done, but my brother was never big on sharing. I asked my parents and they were all, sort it out yourselves (which is parent for: I'm not gonna do anything) so I snuck into my brother room at night, stole (borrowed) his gameboy and yellow, and played until early morning, when I would sneak the stuff back. I couldn't save because he would know, but that didn't matter to me at the time.

Let me just say you get really attached to that pikachu, when you know this might be the last time you ever see them

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    Hey there. Welcome to PC. Hope you enjoy your time here. There's lots of friendly people here that you could talk to. If you ever need help with anything the moderators will do their best answering any questions you may have. I have a little sister who did the same exact thing. We didn't like sharing lol. As we got older we started sharing our things with each other. Well see you around. Feel free to send me a message on my profile (if you want to).

Years
    • Seen Aug 10, 2020
    @Shadowsnox: There is a solution for everything! Stop putting yourself down.. : ) Just learn the lesson to stay strong and keep yourself happy. You'll find yourself so evolved one day that happiness will run your way instead of you trying to run towards it...

Not to sound like an old professor. But, I really hope you have a good day today! : )
    ------------------------------------------

On another note, hello everyone!

Nice meeting you all yet another time!

This place keeps getting better and better

Take care all...

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back