• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Hey, Pokécommunity. Just wanted to say thanks again for allowing me to post my dumb essay for peer review. I made a very small donation, and no worries about giving my account a tier reward, since I mentioned that I pretty much made an account only to get a peer review on my essay. I may pop in from time to time, but otherwise I'm pretty much done here. Who knows? Maybe I'll stop by in the summer when I'm out of school. Anyway, thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2016
    Hello!

My name is Wolf, and my goal is to port Pokemon Blue to an MP3 player.

Allow me to explain, I am moving and undergoing a 11 hour car ride when I do, and i have broken my phone battery. Because the idea of doing nothing for 11 hours haunts me, I found an old MP3 player and thanked the lord I put all my music on an external microSD card. But music was still going to get boring, so i jokingly googled modding guides for my MP3 player. Surely enough, I found an actual mod for my MP3 player, Rockbox. Looking into it, I installed it. After installing it i was looking around and was genuinely surprised to find GameBoy ROM support built in!

So, wanting to try it out I got a Pokemon Red rom onto the system and it worked, KINDA.

Text is reduced to 3 Pixels tall and about 5 Wide on such a small and stretched screen, and with the screen's LEDs either being on or off with no color, the game looked very ugly and hard to read. So now i'm getting into texture hacking for Pokemon Red, but because the entire screen is blue and after some googling Red and Blue are hardly different I'm modding Pokemon Blue instead, and I plan on calling the finished project Pokemon Blueclip.

All because I broke my phone battery.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • This is a really interesting idea! Though I know nothing at all about Gen I hacking/modding, I'd like to see you finish this. I wish you luck on it!
    On a related note, welcome to the community :)

Years
  • Hey, Pokécommunity. Just wanted to say thanks again for allowing me to post my dumb essay for peer review. I made a very small donation, and no worries about giving my account a tier reward, since I mentioned that I pretty much made an account only to get a peer review on my essay. I may pop in from time to time, but otherwise I'm pretty much done here. Who knows? Maybe I'll stop by in the summer when I'm out of school. Anyway, thanks again.

Aww that's a shame you have to focus on real life stuff, but hopefully you'll come back and check on us every now and then because it's always nice to stay updated. And I hope you enjoy being a supporter as well!

Years
  • Hello everyone.
    I only joined on Friday and I've been quite happy here so far.
    So.. yeah, hello :3

You have a very unique name indeed, and I hope you have been settling in well these past couple of days. I hope you have a great time on the forums!

Hi, Im A newbie. Thats all thank you very much.

And hello to you too PokeManz! How are you doing if I ask? Anything you're planning to get involved in the conversation of? Regardless of what interests you, you'll love PC!

Millsy013

Millsy
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2017
    Good day all, now i have been apart of this community for a while but never really incorporated myself into the forums. I hope to increase my social experience on this site making new pokemon friends. PM me if you are interested in building a pokemon / world of warcraft remake game in Unity3D. Or if you are just interested in trading or talking pokemon.

Lnate

Middle School Nut
    Years
  • i am going to make a pokemon hack but i don't kno wat 2 du!? i havee destryoed my pc and now my gen 3 hacking suite have ini problems with my hack! so i'll start a new project please helpp before i send it to hell!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back