• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: New Users' Hangout!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toweleeeie

Don't Forget to Bring a Towel
    Years
    Hello! New here to pokecommunity, never really was much of a forum user. I used to play competitive though back in the late 4th and early 5th gens. Kind of interested in getting back into that and whatever else interesting may come my way. Always loved casually playing the games as well. Haven't had the chance to really look through much but do you guys have a decent sized competitive community?

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2023
    Awesome. If you don't like the ones I suggested I can recommend some others for you

maybe you can suggest not a hack .gba pokemon. (cause i have to search rom for the games:2:, and i never patch .gba games before so i dont know how to put in ips/ups patch to the game:12:~_~). i like other pokemon fan made games, that made from pokemon esential. i had play pokemon metal before. THANKS:)

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
    maybe you can suggest not a hack .gba pokemon. (cause i have to search rom for the games:2:, and i never patch .gba games before so i dont know how to put in ips/ups patch to the game:12:~_~). i like other pokemon fan made games, that made from pokemon esential. i had play pokemon metal before. THANKS:)

Some rom hack games the game has already been patched. And patching them aren't that hard and most games come patched already. To apply the patch you just open the .ips/.ups patcher program that generally comes with an unpatched rom then click on the apply .ips/.ups patch go to the folder when the patch is open the patch file then it will shift to selecting your .gba file click the rom in which it tells you. For patching always have two copys of the clean rom files. But if you want games that are .exe files like Pokemon Metal you could try, Pokemon Fusion, Super Pokemon Eevee Edition, Pokemon Reborn.

Years
    Hey everyone, new here. Just wanted to come along, say hi, and meet some other new people. I see you're talking about ROM hacking. So far I've enjoyed Ponymon and Pokemon Glazed, but I was wondering if there are ways to hack other GBA games, and if so, how easy it was.

Apart from that, I've already made an introduction post if you want to find out more about me.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey everyone, new here. Just wanted to come along, say hi, and meet some other new people. I see you're talking about ROM hacking. So far I've enjoyed Ponymon and Pokemon Glazed, but I was wondering if there are ways to hack other GBA games, and if so, how easy it was.

Apart from that, I've already made an introduction post if you want to find out more about me.
    Hi there, welcome to the forums! Maybe you can have a look around the Beginner's Lounge to find answers to your questions? I don't know much (meaning I know nothing at all) about ROM Hacking myself, sorry c: Good luck!

Years
    That's alright :) Really I'm just here to meet people.

(Sorry, it's not letting me quote at the moment, since it seems to consider quotes as links, and I can't post links until I've made 5 posts.)

Years
    That's alright :) Really I'm just here to meet people.

(Sorry, it's not letting me quote at the moment, since it seems to consider quotes as links, and I can't post links until I've made 5 posts.)

Don't worry, you'll soon be able to learn the ropes. Anyways, as Adventure said the ROM Hacking section is there for all your hacking needs, but for now I wish you the best of luck and have fun making new friends along the way.

Years
    Don't worry, you'll soon be able to learn the ropes. Anyways, as Adventure said the ROM Hacking section is there for all your hacking needs, but for now I wish you the best of luck and have fun making new friends along the way.

Thanks.

That reminds me, can someone explain to me what "pairing" is and what it's for?

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Pairing is pretty much meaningless, but if you have a particularly good friend on PC you can list yourself as paired. It can also be used to signify a real-life relationship, but that's usually not the case. It's just a fun thing to do.

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2016
    Hello, everyone! I'm Lewis. Uh..I'm not really too sure on what to say, other than the fact that I just joined here. I do love Pokemon, though!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello, everyone! I'm Lewis. Uh..I'm not really too sure on what to say, other than the fact that I just joined here. I do love Pokemon, though!
    That's a good start! What other stuff are you interested in? We have sections for just about anything here, so we could point you in the right direction c: mainly PokeCommunity is just a really nice place to hang out and have fun in online, in likeminded company without being judged.

Years
    Hey Everyone! My online name is Knight, I have been playing pokemon since it first came to Canada in 1998 when i was 7 and have been playing it ever since! i recently started a youtube channel but i wont drag on about it lol just wanting to introduce myself and start a presence with the poke community :)

HyperJono

Years
    Hey Everyone! My online name is Knight, I have been playing pokemon since it first came to Canada in 1998 when i was 7 and have been playing it ever since! i recently started a youtube channel but i wont drag on about it lol just wanting to introduce myself and start a presence with the poke community :)

Hey Knight. welcome. What was the first game did you start pokemon with?

Years
    My first game was actually digimon world 2 and xcom lol

Pokemon wise it was platinum with my own custom version of a nuzlocke i called knightlocke and was influenced by adrives cagelock. That one didnt end well lol and i am now doing pokken and getting my 3ds modded to do x/y, oras, and sun/moon when they are released :)

HyperJono

Years
    My first game was actually digimon world 2 and xcom lol

Pokemon wise it was platinum with my own custom version of a nuzlocke i called knightlocke and was influenced by adrives cagelock. That one didnt end well lol and i am now doing pokken and getting my 3ds modded to do x/y, oras, and sun/moon when they are released :)

My first ever game was actually tetris for gameboy. And what rules did you use for your knightlocke and did you complete it?

Years
    KnightLocke Rules:

1. Standard Nuzlocke Rule set

2. Dupe/Species Clause : Can not capture more than 1 of a pokemon/evolution of the pokemon. If you encounter a pokemon who have already count the next encounter as your first.

3. Battle Style is to be set to Set. (optional)

4. Pokemon may not be taught any Tm's or use Held Items.

5. There are 3 ranks Squire, Knight and King/Queen. Every pokemon caught starts as Squire. A pokemon who participates in a Gym leader match (takes down at least 1 of their Pokemon) may be promoted by 1 rank.

6. Only 1 Pokemon per Gym leader may be promoted. Note that a pokemon can not be promoted twice in a row. That promoted Pokemon may choose 1 of 3 rewards
    - The use of Tm's
    - The use of Held Items
    - To be swapped out with a pokemon in your pc.

7. Gift Pokemon may be used but count as your encounter in the area. Legendary Pokemon are forbidden.

HyperJono

Years
    KnightLocke Rules:

1. Standard Nuzlocke Rule set

2. Dupe/Species Clause : Can not capture more than 1 of a pokemon/evolution of the pokemon. If you encounter a pokemon who have already count the next encounter as your first.

3. Battle Style is to be set to Set. (optional)

4. Pokemon may not be taught any Tm's or use Held Items.

5. There are 3 ranks Squire, Knight and King/Queen. Every pokemon caught starts as Squire. A pokemon who participates in a Gym leader match (takes down at least 1 of their Pokemon) may be promoted by 1 rank.

6. Only 1 Pokemon per Gym leader may be promoted. Note that a pokemon can not be promoted twice in a row. That promoted Pokemon may choose 1 of 3 rewards
    - The use of Tm's
    - The use of Held Items
    - To be swapped out with a pokemon in your pc.

7. Gift Pokemon may be used but count as your encounter in the area. Legendary Pokemon are forbidden.

This is definitely an interesting nuzlocke challenge I'm gonna give it a try

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back