• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen News Discussion Thread [use the threads in forum for new things]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Those two are also in the current style for the Pokemon characters. You can't clearly see the full style of the ones on the new scans. We really just have to wait and see, but so far its the same thing as those two were piled up with Pokemon scans near them which lead to the miscommunication.

I tried to zoom in on the two trainers and Blue Jumper definatly looks like a girl. I think I see hair running down the back so hair isn't spiky....they are just so small its hard to tell. Red Jumper = Boy with black spiky hair. Protagonist without a trademark hat?

We aren't the only ones disputing it so far either.

bulbapedia said:
    The cover shows two characters above the words "New Pokémon". At this point, it is unknown who they are, but popular speculation suggests that they may be new protagonists. One Japanese user on 2ch suggested that these characters may actually be from an unrelated manga in CoroCoro, but we are not able to confirm this as of yet.

Sorry to keep getting your hopes up Forever XD

I just deny until there is undeniable proof. Right now there isn't any so its up in the air XD

I blame Gamefreak for trolling me into paranoia overload.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    The only thing now I want is "please make the two characters be related to the games".

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2020
    I hope they are. I want as many new things in this game honestly. I loved BW.. It's just the matter of I want me staying up late being worth something!

I'm thinking this is it for leaks for a few hours. It's 6:20PM in Japan... meaning I would have thought people are getting home from work, and possibly settling at home, possibly with a scanner and a CoroCoro mag waiting to leak the info to us here!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I hope they are. I want as many new things in this game honestly. I loved BW.. It's just the matter of I want me staying up late being worth something!

I'm thinking this is it for leaks for a few hours. It's 6:20PM in Japan... meaning I would have thought people are getting home from work, and possibly settling at home, possibly with a scanner and a CoroCoro mag waiting to leak the info to us here!

I think we're getting pretty hopeful here, but anything goes, really.

TheLegendaryMew

Pokemon X and Y October 2013!!
    Years
  • Gotta say the box art does look amazing....i will deffinetly be buying black 2 just for the box art :D. Anyways check this out guys i did some digging around and i found something interesting. It seems that the first b/w2 game footage will be shown on pokemon smash on 15th april...that's only four days away! Here's the link:

http://www.officialnintendomagazine...-and-white-2-gameplay-video-on-pokemon-smash/

Also I don't know if this has been posted or not yet but the types for Black Kyurem and White Kyurem have been leaked as well. It seems that they will be both Ice/Dragon types which is an interesting combination.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2021
    I hope this isn't like last month where the cover leaked but we didn't get the inside scans for another 2 days. That would be horrible! This wait is agonizing enough. I know everyone keeps saying to have patience etc, but I just can't! Im too excited haha :-P

And damn, talk about LOTS of red and blue all over the Pokemon related parts on the cover. Even the two characters wearing red/blue. Also, I find it odd that Black Kyurem has the red background while White Kyurem has the blue background. Shouldn't it be switched? lol, that doesn't even matter though. Im just looking into every aspect on the cover while waiting for the inside scans to leak. O.O

Its about 7.50 in Japan now, so if nothing leaks in the next 2 and a 1/2 hours then I doubt we'll be getting anything until its morning for them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I just saw the blurred scans of the new characters, and I think I like them so far, even though I'm not getting my hopes up that they're the new protagonists. Maybe they're more of...supporting characters?

I also agree with XanderO that the character with the red jacket is the guy, and the one with the blue jacket is the girl. The guy's hair reminds me of Brock to an extent. And where's his hat? The girl, on the other hand, does look like Hilda.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2013
    I hope we get many pics and information, still it's not conformed that these tow are the main protagonists, I hope not, I want better characters.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • Im going to go with New protagonists and i have my reasons for doing so:
    1- They are drawn Sugimori style, that should usually be enough
    2- The boy? (could be girl) has the bag swung across his shoulder, a typical protagonist style since gen 2
    3- It looks like a pokeball pattern on the front of whatever the guy at the front has on his head (its not a cap because you can see hair sprouting from it at the back, look closely)
    4- Its bunched perfectly with all the other B/W2 stuff, why would they put random characters from a different game bunched up with Pokemon and not say they are different. They are practically right next to Kyurem.
    Case closed :)

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
  • I am doubting they are related to black 2 and white 2, that front cover is packed with so many things, plus, it's kind of easy to tell from here that they do not have the signature sugimori eyes, they have your more generic anime eyes, so I am not getting my hopes up for them being characters, just in case.

ascension7

Creator of UnovaHGSS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2023
    I'm not trying to get my hopes up, at least until Smash airs, but if the past is any indication, with my luck I'm expecting CoroCoro to just be about the new Meloetta form, or more movie information, which isn't too bad, but I'm keeping myself from getting excited until Black Kyurem vs. White Kyurem on Smash.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • If there is no images for these games, we only have to wait until Saturday when there will be actual game play and wow, just logged in to find a interesting page from Corocoro, are those the new protagonists?

But this really should be an interesting week.

Also this was translated from 2CH although it's not necessarily true but still fun to speculate:

- Team Plasma is back
    - N is missing
    - Story takes place two years after BW
    - Kyurem, Darmanitan, and Cryogonal have new forms
    - New Pokemon
    - Cheren is now a gym leader
    - Adventure begins in Castelia City
    - More 3D stuff (Not 3DS, graphics)*
    - Protagonist is 17 years old*
    - Expanded C-Gear that has a 'secret'*
    - Map has new towns and places*

Last edited:

Daydream

[b]Boo.[/b]
    Years

• - Team Plasma is back
    - N is missing
    - Story takes place two years after BW
    - Kyurem, Darmanitan, and Cryogonal have new forms
    - New Pokemon
    - Cheren is now a gym leader
    - Adventure begins in Castelia City
    - More 3D stuff (Not 3DS, graphics)*
    - Protagonist is 17 years old*
    - Expanded C-Gear that has a 'secret'*
    - Map has new towns and places*

If this stuff is true, then it sounds pretty exciting. I love the idea of starting from Castelia, which is pretty central (opposed to starting in a corner).

Also those two possible protagonists in the scan look kind of... Odd. Especially afro boy. I don't really like their outfits, thus far.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I also liked the idea of starting in Castelia, I can see the construction routes being complete and other various new features and maybe something takes place later on in the old starting town assuming you actually do start in Castelia but I also like the sound of a new form for Cryogonal.. different shapes maybe?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Hey guys go discuss that in rumours thread since it's unconfirmed, I'd move your posts but technically they're relevant to here. Either way, wondering why nothing else has been leaked yet tbh.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Definitely, since all we've seen is the front page... XD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Gah! I'll be so disappointed if there isn't much in these scans. Although, I wouldn't expect there not to be. Anyway, HURRY SCANS HURRY!

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • :( How long is this going to take?! Do i have time to watch some Doctor Who? Anyone got any news on any more leaks? I've tried to look through 2ch but i honestly have no idea of how to use that site at all. Anyone? Its been a while since the last update, something HAS to be close.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back