• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Next Gen?

James

Make it double!
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I like the concept behind this, and the names sound great.. but I just find this a little hard to believe if these are to be on a "future Nintendo platform". If they follow the trend of having a new generation every three-four years, that means that we'd have a new handheld console by that time which sounds preposterous to say the least, especially due to the fact that the 3DS has only been out for a couple of years and has only really had one set of Pokémon games on them. I'd say the 3DS has a good few years left under its belt before Nintendo even thinking of moving on to the next generational handheld platform.

Years
  • Could this be the idea of that new region Marriland was talking about in his video he made back in October?

Although it's probably a bit early to think of all this now, but it's still crazy.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I like the concept behind this, and the names sound great.. but I just find this a little hard to believe if these are to be on a "future Nintendo platform". If they follow the trend of having a new generation every three-four years, that means that we'd have a new handheld console by that time which sounds preposterous to say the least, especially due to the fact that the 3DS has only been out for a couple of years and has only really had one set of Pokémon games on them. I'd say the 3DS has a good few years left under its belt before Nintendo even thinking of moving on to the next generational handheld platform.

There's some sound reasoning behind what your saying given Nintendo's history. But the time frame between the release dates for the last 3 handhelds has gotten shorter and shorter. The DS was released in 2005, then the DSi was in 2009 so there is a large gap there but i think its because the DSi was basicaly a DS just smaller. However when the 3DS came out in 2011, thats a 2 year difference. Its now 2014 so i think that is entirely possible for a next gen handheld console to be right around the corner. Now if you through the Wii and Wii U into that and the time frames get even shorter and its always a switch. We just got the Wii U in 2012 so i think that lends even more credibility to the next gen claim. However this is all pure speculation, and everyone is entitled to their opinion and unless you work at Gamefreak or Nintendo we just wont know until an official statement or whatever.

Back to the actual pokemon part of the discussion, i think that with all of the hints and clues left around the Kalos region its not crazy to think that Nintendo already has the game thought up and are working on developing it as we type all this. I just get so excited when i hear about new pokemon stuff. :)

Years
  • I'm just gonna go ahead and hope that this all is semi-legit and somehow related to the Strange Artifact item you get from that backpacker, and the new legendaries.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    The pictures they had in those links looks like some personal project I once saw on Deviant Art. There was someone making a 3D environments Pokemon center.

Needless to say, all that is pretty fake at this point. Its way too early for news of new Pokemon games, at least next gen games, to be out and about even through a leak. By this time, they'd still be in the early planing stages, though Kalos isn't quite done yet.

So both of those are most likely fake.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    As the 3DS has been out for nearly 3 years and has enough longevity, I think this rumour is pretty fake. I like the ideas of a region in South Asia, but the pokemon ideas seem to sound convoluted and feel idk made up on the spot.

Also:

"It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries."

That would never happen in a pokemon unless they make some edgy spinoff like the disastrous Shadow the Hedgehog. The idea of making a story darker and more edgier than a edge brownie pan is always a obvious clue of something that a fan made up.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    This.
    How much I want this to be true (except for the fact it's on a new console), I'm not buying it. I don't think any of you believe this piece of nonsense.

A new console? Really? 3DS is just a 3 year old console and the Wii U is far from old. A new console must be around 2016/2017 and not anything earlier.

"Plus and Minus are prototype names" and "Plus and Minus are going to be the dubbed names" is a bit contradicting don't you think?

Oh and there's more; funny how this so-called 'leaker' knows the Starters and Legendaries already, their typing an their design, but no name. No name of region either, but the whole freagin' storyline is already written heh? No. Just no.

By saying that the region is based off South-East Asia ('cause he just knows it) sounds like he made it up from the whole Strange Souvenir thing don't you think?
    Final thing; there was a supposed re-trademarking names of Pokemon back in 2012 by Nintendo. These trademarked Pokemon turned out to have a Mega Evolution. All of them. Except for Plusle and Minun.
    So does that help to ditch this rumor or is it only more proof?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I really doubt this is true. It's a bit too early for them to be thinking about the next gen (3 months isn't THAT long). Unless they were working on this at the same time as X/Y (which is very unlikely), I doubt they'd have any info to give us on starters and legendaries and whatnot.

And tbh, I'd prefer it if after Z (or whatever's the next thing) comes out, if Game Freak would slooooooooooow dooooooooooooown with the Pokemon releases. They've been busting out a game a year since Platinum, and I'd like some time to enjoy each game before buying the next one, and I'm afraid of a CoD or Madden situation happening with Pokemon.

Years
  • While I have no doubt gen 7 is in an extremely early Alpha stage, the farthest they've got in development would have to be concept art, if that. There's no way Gamefreak, let alone in-house Nintendo studios have dev kits for their next handheld. The most time Gamefreak would have work on gen 7 is 2-3 months tops, and at that point in development there wouldn't really be any need to have the next handheld's dev kit.

Whether or not the next game's will be on the 3DS or the next handheld is questionable in itself. It all depends on how long the 3DS lifespan will be. I'd bet on gen 7 being on the 3DS in 2016(Just in time for the series' 20th anniversary), which would be five years into the systems life span. Considering the DS had a 7 year lifespan, the 3DS will probably have around the same and they could still have a game out 1-2 years into the the next handheld's life.

*Riolu Master*

The Aura Within
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2016
    This sounds pretty cool and exciting.. But I still wish they'd make a remake of ruby and sapphire because There always at least another game to have the 6th gen pokemon. Like diamond and pearl had another new game soul silver and heart gold. Or black and white had black and white 2. But still this is a good idea for later on.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2017
    hopefully they change the name. plus and minus dont seem like a good title to me. plus why would it be called that? the legendaries have no conection to plus and minus especially to math. and it sounds like it will be on the wii u. and some other place said that the rumor states that the Pokken fighters is the new game with a new title her in the states. like a whole new way of battling with different type. like you control the fighting types like that. i dont know i think its too early to assume some things

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This sounds pretty cool and exciting.. But I still wish they'd make a remake of ruby and sapphire because There always at least another game to have the 6th gen pokemon. Like diamond and pearl had another new game soul silver and heart gold. Or black and white had black and white 2. But still this is a good idea for later on.

Black 2 and White 2 were to Black and White as Emerald was to Ruby and Sapphire. There actually doesn't have to be anything else for Kalos at all. They could easily slip into the next generation as there isn't much of a point to remakes anymore as of yet...maybe not anymore period with the Bank once its up and running.

That's a story for a different time though. Its possible we may move straight into the next Gen, but the info provided has too many holes in it to be believed. At best its a rumor to its core, and there really isn't much to go on other than a he said she said type of source. Its still too early for this stuff to surface so we still have time to see what can come next if anything.

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • I wonder if there's a chance the continuation of Gen 6 (i.e. Pokemon Z) will take place in a region conjoined to Kalos, and there is hidden programming in X/Y that allows new Pokemon to be traded in from said region. That may be where the Strange Souvenir comes into play and this rumor may not be completely false. It may be a new region but not an entirely new gen, just an expansion. Some games have them.

Years
  • That would never happen in a pokemon unless they make some edgy spinoff like the disastrous Shadow the Hedgehog. The idea of making a story darker and more edgier than a edge brownie pan is always a obvious clue of something that a fan made up.
    I freaking love Shadow the Hedgehog, as well as the idea of dark, edgy Pokemon games (are you a Troper, by the way?), but not like this.

Back