• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFC - Nintendo Fan Club

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    yeah, thats what i've been thinking. why make a whole new halo killer when you already have a great one? of course an army type shooting game (metroid isn't exactly a halo type game, considering your not in an army like in halo or killzone) wouldn't be bad, but in addition to the halo killer (which Nintendo said that they are developing) they need to do exactly what arcy said - add a multiplayer online similar to halo2, and you have a great game, especailly since metroid has drawn so many fans (me being a big one).
    Yea Metroid really isn't a Halo type game. But I think it would be something to jump start Nintendo's shooting online thing. Since there are a lot of Metroid fans out there it would get a large group to play the game online and maybe want more. So Nintendo sends out more online shooting games and they go for it and the market for Nintendo's shooters goes up.
    With all the online stuff that's going to be on the Revolution it kind of opened me up for other games. I have never played a Metroid game (other then the demo that came with the DS). But if they had an online one for the Rev then I would get it. If they had shooting games then I would also try it.

cmatz0 said:
    In a way you are right, but in another way this has been a scare that has got a little out of hand. It is very coincidental, Nintendo releasing the Revolution and saying it will be very small, and releasing the GBM, but i would like to think that Nintendo is smart enough to realize that size and looks aren't everything (look at the DS, a slight bit bulky and not as cool design as the PSP, but it has been wildly popular and has sold beyond their expectations). I think that because of the Rev.'s small size being announced around the time of the GBM, people are fearing that the Revolution will not be as pwrful as the ps3 and 360 because of its size, but i think that this may be simply a coincidence, and nintendo has found a way to harness all the power that they need in a small design without the extra crap. I think that even though it may be small, we need to trust nintendo and realize that they will please us, and change the way we play video games, no matter how big or small it is.
    Well for me the GBM has nothing to do with the size of the Revolution (I didn't find out about the GBM till I done saw pics of the Revolution, and when I first saw the Revolution the first thing that came to mind is "It's way too small"). If they can fit the power of the PS3 (or at least close to it because I don't think it will be as powerful, even Nintendo said it isn't going to be) into the size of the Revolution then I'll be happy.
    Well I'll be happy any out come. Because the online thing really has me going right now now.

Jeremy said:
    Can I join sweeties!?!?! XD I wuv Nintendo! *If you didn't know that, you have no right talking to me. XD*

Anyway, one comment to the things I skimmed through, big things, come in small packetges. (Yes, I am aware I'm a terrible speller, sweeties) XD
    Welcome to the club. Be sure to pick up a free cookie. XD

cmatz0 said:
    sure, you can join, if you promise never to use the words "sweeties" again (unless you are really a girl and did that thing where you switch your gender)
    Jeremy is really a boy. XD

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    arcanine said:
    Well for me the GBM has nothing to do with the size of the Revolution (I didn't find out about the GBM till I done saw pics of the Revolution, and when I first saw the Revolution the first thing that came to mind is "It's way too small"). If they can fit the power of the PS3 (or at least close to it because I don't think it will be as powerful, even Nintendo said it isn't going to be) into the size of the Revolution then I'll be happy.
    Well I'll be happy any out come. Because the online thing really has me going right now now.
    yeah, i know that you know better, but many people assimilate the GBM and the small Revolution as Nintendo going small. That is where a lot of that small bias has come from.

arcanine said:
    Yea Metroid really isn't a Halo type game. But I think it would be something to jump start Nintendo's shooting online thing. Since there are a lot of Metroid fans out there it would get a large group to play the game online and maybe want more. So Nintendo sends out more online shooting games and they go for it and the market for Nintendo's shooters goes up.
    With all the online stuff that's going to be on the Revolution it kind of opened me up for other games. I have never played a Metroid game (other then the demo that came with the DS). But if they had an online one for the Rev then I would get it. If they had shooting games then I would also try it.
    yeah, i feel exactly the same way. the metroid games on GCN were sweet, and even MP2 multiplayer was fun, despite the lack of internet. yeah, i hope they develop halo type games in addition, too, but Metroid is a signature game and the definately need to expand on it.

I also hope that they will make games like Phantasy Star Online and FF:CC, so that we can abuse the free online service. I really live those types of games, and was disappointed when i couldn't play them online (well, technically i could play PSO, but i didn't want to buy a modem and no one would be on anyways).

arcanine said:
    Jeremy is really a boy. XD
    o. heh heh heh. welcome to the club, jeremy. please don't hurt me...please....

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    cmatz0 said:
    yeah, i know that you know better, but many people assimilate the GBM and the small Revolution as Nintendo going small. That is where a lot of that small bias has come from.
    Well there are also a lot of people out there that thinks Nintendo is a maker of kiddie systems.

cmatz0 said:
    yeah, i feel exactly the same way. the metroid games on GCN were sweet, and even MP2 multiplayer was fun, despite the lack of internet. yeah, i hope they develop halo type games in addition, too, but Metroid is a signature game and the definately need to expand on it.
    It would pull in a lot of people because of the online stuff. Metroid is a big name for Nintendo so everyone would try it online to see how it is.

cmatz0 said:
    I also hope that they will make games like Phantasy Star Online and FF:CC, so that we can abuse the free online service. I really live those types of games, and was disappointed when i couldn't play them online (well, technically i could play PSO, but i didn't want to buy a modem and no one would be on anyways).
    Well Nintendo has said they are going to make Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles for the Nintendo Revolution. Don't know if it's going to be online or not but they are making one.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Nintendo is my favorite company out of Microsoft and Sony. Did you hear in Mario Party 7 there are 8 players that can play at once? 8 players in the board game! Sounds sweet!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    DeathScape said:
    Nintendo is my favorite company out of Microsoft and Sony. Did you hear in Mario Party 7 there are 8 players that can play at once? 8 players in the board game! Sounds sweet!
    Wasn't there only like 4 before? I'm out of the Mario Party loop since I haven't played one in years (they are all mostly the same to me XD).

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Arcanine said:
    Wasn't there only like 4 before? I'm out of the Mario Party loop since I haven't played one in years (they are all mostly the same to me XD).

No, there are 6. And I have all of them. In the 6th you get to speak into a microphone! You command your person by saying things. It's really cool! Only for a couple of mini game, though. You should get the 7th. Those are Mario's best games.~~~

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    I like the Mario party games =3 The sixth one looks really intruiging with the night/day + microphone stuff.

You can get Paper Mario: TTYD free at EB. With rebate though >>;

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    Paper Mario: TTYD rocks! I finished it in a few days XD. Couldn't stop playing it XD. And I don't like too much the Mario Party games... they're all the same... no offense. Just the graphics change... and plus, I never win XD.

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Max Hunter said:
    Paper Mario: TTYD rocks! I finished it in a few days XD. Couldn't stop playing it XD. And I don't like too much the Mario Party games... they're all the same... no offense. Just the graphics change... and plus, I never win XD.

I beat the 1st Paper Mario, and I had 3 stars before my 2nd one was erased. And the Mario Party's are different, a lot different.

There's going to be a Mario Party 8 on the Revolution? Sweet!

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    We're just guessing about MP8. It could be on the GCN too ^_~

Anyone else get Nintendo Power this month!? TONS of info!! Check it out!

Dark Penguin

[Insert text here]
    Years
    yeah, my friend told me it had a lot of good stuff at school, but i never did get to read it from him. And yeah, i had the origional for n64 and mario party 4 or sumtin for gamecube...i wouln't get all of them, because the main idea doesn't change, just the extras (but if your a big fan then i could see you buying all of them; its just my opinion). My friend told me that they moved the DS internet activitation date up to July. I haven't heard anything about it on the internet, though. can anyone confirm that?

DeathScape

Banned
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    We're just guessing about MP8. It could be on the GCN too ^_~

Anyone else get Nintendo Power this month!? TONS of info!! Check it out!

I used to get Nintendo Power. I stopped ordering it.

Mario Party 7 is going to be on the GCN for a fact.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Mario Party 7 is going to be on the GC. Mario Party 8 will be on the Revolution (because I don't think they are going to make another PM game since 7 comes out in November). I think I was reading on GameSpot that the Revolution will have 8 (I'm not 100% sure).

For all of you people that loves MP, if you have wireless internet then you will be able to download Mario Party 1, 2 and 3 to the Revolution.

And I haven't seen anything on GameSpot or Nintendo.com on the DS thing.

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2018
    You'll be able to download ALL the MP games xD

And everything else! It's going to PWN! I'm really excited! I can't believe this club hasn't reached page 6 though!

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Katsuro said:
    You'll be able to download ALL the MP games xD

And everything else! It's going to PWN! I'm really excited! I can't believe this club hasn't reached page 6 though!
    You will be able to play all the Mario Party games on the Rev. But you won't be able to download all of them. MP 3 was the last Mario Party game on the N64.

And it doesn't move all that fast when me and cmatz0 is about the only two posting in here. XD
    It got like 5 pages in 10 days. Not bad but it could do better.

Strange, almost 6 months ago I made this post in the Nintendo DS Fan Club.
    I would like to see some good Final Fantasy games and also I would like to see a SSB game on the DS.
    And there will be a SSB DS game.

Electric Hero

(Lightning) Lord
    Years
    o_O ... wow, Arcanine! your wishes can become true!! you can wish whatever you want and you'll have it!! XD ... but... can you make something for me using your new power? XD just kidding.

I can't imagine using the stylus for the new SSB game for DS. It would like...totally weird!! even weirder than me!! ... that would be impossible but it's a theory. XD

Back