• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Yeah, and that comes back to how much stock do they put in John Beck? Do they give him a shot, or do they look elsewhere.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I personally think Parcells is gonna get a rookie QB in the Draft, and grab a veteran so that he has someone to fall back on.MAYBE grab Pennington, But i think Pennington will have more of a shot to end up in KC then in MIA because of what KC can offer, but Parcells just might want him....after all he was the one who drafted him.

Erimgard

Rocket's Revenge
    Years
    Do you think they'll get a QB with the number 1 overall? Or will they trade down? Or get a QB with the first pick of the second round?

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Pennington is horrible. He is nothing but an interception machine! He used to be good, but he stinks now. Miami might have a chance at getting a QB like Kyle Boller or Broady Croyle.

My predictions:

Saturday
    Redskins at Seahawks - Redskins win 24-21 (last minute field goal)
    Jaguars at Steelers - Jaguars win 30-20

Sunday
    Giants at Bucs - Giants win 13-10 (Giants defense forces interception at last minute)
    Titans at Chargers - Chargers win 24-10

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I'll put in my predictions as well.

Jags/Steelers: 24-20 Jacksonville (even though I have the weirdest feeling Puitt is going to win, that's my pick anyways lol)

Titans/Chargers: 27-13 San Diego

Skins/Seahawks: 17-14 Seahawks

Tampa/Giants: 20-14 New York

Yeah, cut me a break, I'm no good at predicting games outside of March Madness lol

Lord Mike

Years
    Ha! Even ESPN Polls said that 37.1% of people said the pair of teams who are moving on in the playoffs after today's games are the Redskins and Jaguars. The rest of the options were all like 15% or something like that.

Rogue Shadow

Dragon Master
    Years
    im skipping to the super bowl,

dallas vs new england winner dallas

cause they have some of the best records.
    also i think dallas wikll win because,
    if uve seen the patriots last games they r against bad teams and are behind in the second half. they have gotten worse and worse. Plus i dont like there team :)

C.J.

Ugobama on Serebii
    Years
    I believe the Patriots are Super Bowl bound, and that the Colts won't be in it.(thank God!)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    im skipping to the super bowl,

dallas vs new england winner dallas

cause they have some of the best records.
    also i think dallas wikll win because,
    if uve seen the patriots last games they r against bad teams and are behind in the second half. they have gotten worse and worse. Plus i dont like there team :)

Dallas was defeated by the Pats earlier this season...and they were down at one point, only to win by 20 points.

If that is the Super Bowl Matchup, no way the Cowboys win. They can't stop Randy Moss (Roy Williams isn't the greatest cover guy in the world, and Terrence Newman isn't as fast as Moss).

Not only that, but the Pats can stop the Cowboys offense with pretty decent success. Really, the Cowboys are pretty easy to figure out, just look at what the Eagles did to them.

BTW, the Giants are a good team. Pittsburgh is as well, and the got TRAMPLED by the Patriots.

The Pats haven't gotten worse really, more like teams are figuring out how to stop them and score on them. Yet they haven't lost yet...

The only two teams I really thought could beat them as I watched the games were the Colts and Ravens. I guess the Giants too. the "Duel in Dallas" was totally overhyped and the Cowboys were (and still will be) outmatched.

However, I do see the Pats losing, but it would have to be to an AFC team. (lol NFC lol)

I think the Jags are getting too much hype (o-ver-rate-d!) and I doubt they beat the Pats if they play. I think the only team that really has a shot at them in the Indianapolis Colts, and I think they will do just that.

With Bob Sanders commanding that defense, the Pats aren't exactly going to have an easy time scoring.

Plus, the Pats' one weakness is that their run defense isn't that great, and Joseph Addai could very well have a big day.

And when the safeties come up to help defend the run, the best QB in the league is going to hit Reggie Wayne and Gonzo for some HUGE passing yards. Because let's face it, Peyton Manning can TEAR APART defenses, and the Pats are no exception.

EDIT: For those who just saw the Steelers game...wow, NBC needs to work on the camera work :0

But really, what a weird game. I thought the Jags had it locked up (being up 18 in the 4th Quarter gives you this feeling), but The Steelers climbed back. I was amazed at the mistakes of the Jags. But yeah, I think Pittsburgh did a lot better than people thought. Maybe had they not gone for two and kicked it both times...eh, can't blame Tomlin for those though lol

And I'm leaning towards the Bucs now over the Giants...I'm back and forth on that one lol

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Years
    Anti-Pop Culture Warrior 13 said:
    With Bob Sanders commanding that defense, the Pats aren't exactly going to have an easy time scoring.

Now thats what I wanted to hear. :P

OK, now for my commentary on Wild Card Sunday.

Seahawks beat Redskins 35-14: Definately NOT what I expected. Not only was that the 2nd highest scoring 4th quarter in NFL playoff history, but the 'Skins had it, but they screwed it up, 14-13 lead, and an I-N-T received by Seattle returned for a touchdown following their touchdown and 2 point conversion? Are you kidding me? Are-you-kidding-me? Oh nooooooo! We aren't done yet! Seattle intercepts AGAIN?!?!?!? Ok, well, lets not say that the 'Skins didn't play well. Seattle's defense was in the ON position, while at times poor Todd Collins (no INTs in the 5 regular season games he's played) was in the OFF position. 'Skins, however, can-NOT be down on themselves. It was a closer game than the score portrayed and they played their hearts out for #21. However, they just fell short in the end of the 4th quarter.....

Jags beat Steelers 31-29: Wow! Wow, wow, wow, wow, wow! What-a-game! Too bad I fell asleep when the clock struck 5:00 in the 4th quarter (poor me...*sniff sniff*) OK, well, I did, however, see the highlights and how Garrard broke free on a QB Draw on 4th & 2. WOW!!! I knew this would happen. Maybe not a score this close, but I did expect the Jags to come up on top. You think that with the Numero Uno Defense in the League, the Steelers could done better. But it was solid Jags defense all....the way......through. Yes, poor Big "Bad" Ben with his 3 first half INTs and OMG!!! Garrard actually got intercepted! I guess that is a plus for the Steeler D. The other team that did it....Indy Colts. So, basically, if you do NOT have one of the best Defenses in the League, it will be a frikin miracle to get an interception of off this guy. You know, also if the Chargers win their game, the Jags will face New England as well as The Pair of Super Cool NFL People: Baby Brady and Baby Belichick. By the way, CHARGERS, BEAT THOSE TITANS!!!

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, I'll put in my predictions as well.

Jags/Steelers: 24-20 Jacksonville (even though I have the weirdest feeling Puitt is going to win, that's my pick anyways lol)

Titans/Chargers: 27-13 San Diego

Skins/Seahawks: 17-14 Seahawks

Tampa/Giants: 20-14 New York

Yeah, cut me a break, I'm no good at predicting games outside of March Madness lol

I believe I did pretty well calling these games :P (That's a first for me actually.)

None of the games really surprised me except for the Giants and how they took out the Bucs like that.

I WAS expecting a really close game between the Jags and Steelers. It was a fun game to watch.

The Skins game was actually pretty close, just a few last-secong TDs for Seattle made it seem like a blowout.

As for next week, I still need to look at the matchups, but the AFC is already decided :P

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Big game next week in Dallas! My Giants versus "America's Team." I would love to see the Giants avenge their two crushing losses to Dallas. Especially since Romo and the boys have been slumping for over a month now. I'd like to see Green Bay win versus Seattle. And I don't pay attention to the AFC, but I'm guessing it will be Indianapolis beating whoever they're playing and the Patriots doing the same.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Big game next week in Dallas! My Giants versus "America's Team." I would love to see the Giants avenge their two crushing losses to Dallas. Especially since Romo and the boys have been slumping for over a month now. I'd like to see Green Bay win versus Seattle. And I don't pay attention to the AFC, but I'm guessing it will be Indianapolis beating whoever they're playing and the Patriots doing the same.

As far as the AFC goes, that about sums it up :P

I think the 'Boys are no longer America's team lol, who likes TO on America's team? Can I hear The Saints anybody? lol

Interesting subplot with Holmgren and Hasselbeck going back to Green Bay where they both used to be (I believe Hasselbeck used to back up Favre, if my memory serves me correctly). That'll be interesting. Possibly Favre's last game, I'll be tuning in.

I really hope the Cowboys lose, for how much hype they've gotten...

Lord Mike

Years
    Yeah, and I wonder if Tony Romo made another date so Jessica Simpson gets to see him play. Ooooh! How exciting THAT would be for her to watch.

Giants can beat 'em. I know it.

Predictions for Divisional Playoffs:

AFC

Jags at Pats - 37-31 Jacksonville (This IS the day! Pats LOSE! In OT! David Garrard will be like 25/36 - 312 yds - 3 TDs - NO PICKS!!! Tom Brady will have a pair of picks, and Randy Moss won't get the attention he deserves)

Bolts at Colts - 31-17 Indy (Yes, Peyton throws 5 less interceptions than he did, Shawn Merriman will be in the right place at the right time receiving a pick and returning it for a TD, but it will be 17-13 SD at the half and the Colts will "pull a fast one" and say "Hmmm...Is it time to actually start trying?" and Joseph Addai will RUN MAD!!! Peyton will connect with Reggie for a T-D!!!, Colts win it!)

NFC

New York (G) at Dallas - 30-27 Giants (Yeah, the Giants are raw now, but Dallas will be no pushover. Jason Witten and Patrick Crayton [is TO playing?] will receive a TD each from Tony Romo [thanks to that HOT Jessica Simpson ;)] And Marrion Barber...yeah...uh-huh...he'll get a TD and then Eli Manning will duplicate a per-fecto that his bro Peyton does...TD here, TD there!!!.....Jeff Feagles comes through...GIANTS ARE CONFERENCE PLAYOFF BOUND!!!

Seattle at Green Bay - 35-17 Packers (Sorry, but even with their great performance against the 'Skins, they can't match up with one of the Big Four, and frankly, Matt Hasselbeck will HUMILIATE himself saying the same comment about "...just gettin' the ball and scorin'". And, a replay of the 2003 Playoff game between Seattle and Green Bay - AL HARRIS!!! INTERCEPTS AND RETURNS FOR A TD! That'll teach Hasselbeck to NOT...MESS...WITH...THOSE BIG DOGS!!!

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I believe it is going to be an EXTREMELY good week for football. These will be the most exciting games. Me being a New Yorker, I am looking forward to the Giants winning although I am a Jets fan, and I dont like the G-men as much, but they EARNED my respect after pushing New England to their limits. I believe the game of this week is going to be either JAC @ NE, or SEA @ GB. Then again the G-men @ Big D good be as well. Tough one to call, although the only game that is not hard to call at all is SD @ IND. Peyton is going to win this game easily, and he will easily walk through the playoffs, UNLESS he needs to face a tough Jacksonville Defense in the Championship because of the fact that they might be suited best for the Upset of New England, and they would go into the AFC Championship game with SOOOOOOOOO MUCH momentum, and confidence. Don't believe me? Look at Eli after the NE game, and look at him before. Now, I really cant call who the Colts will face in the Championship, but regardless the team, Peyton will have the edge for 2 reasons: It could be the Jags, or the Pats...either way they are going to be physically EXHAUSTED from their divisional game.

Now as far as the NFC goes, GB is going to beat the Hawks. I believe that GB has the most potential to win the Big one this year. They have the youngest team in the playoffs, not to mention the ENTIRE NFL. Although I HATE and I mean HATE NE, I would love to see Favre DESTROY the pats OLD and TIRED D. There would be no way for them to stop GB once they drop into shotgun, with 5 WRs, or 4 WR/Grant in the back field still in shotgun of course. But I think it will be Green Bay winning the NFC championship AT home. yes, I said it...AT HOME...because I do not believe Dallas is going to get past a tough, and inspired Defense, and their running game, and if somehow they do, Green bay will still go to the Super bowl, beating Dallas on the Road, for the first time in Favres Career. So the Super bowl to me looks like its going to be: Green bay playing Indy.

Also, on Chad Pennington:

He does not stink, nor is he an Interception Machine CJ. He does not have an offensive line to protect him. He is like #1 as far as accuracy goes in some statistic or something like that. Not sure if its Accuracy, but I know he beat Kurt Warner out last year to snatch #1 all time w/e the stat was. Chad Pennington is WAYYY better then Boller, and Croyle. Also, he is best fit for a WEST COAST style of offense, which is really no running game, just short dump offs, which is why he did good last year. This year when they got Thomas Jones, it worked as their own poison, because they decided to creep up in the box against Pennington because they had to respect the Run game, and it back fired because of Penningtons Lofty passes.

TO Loquacity:

HOW DO YOU NOT PAY ATTENTION TO THE AFC?! lmao its the better conference and it is SOOOO exciting..I bet you put the Dolphins in the NFC the way they played this year, with say...a Dallas Schedule, or ATL, and they finish somewhere between 3-13, or 5-11

Last edited:

Lord Mike

Years
    SSJ Joe said:
    Now as far as the NFC goes, GB is going to beat the Hawks. I believe that GB has the most potential to win the Big one this year. They have the youngest team in the playoffs, not to mention the ENTIRE NFL. Although I HATE and I mean HATE NE, I would love to see Favre DESTROY the pats OLD and TIRED D. There would be no way for them to stop GB once they drop into shotgun, with 5 WRs, or 4 WR/Grant in the back field still in shotgun of course. But I think it will be Green Bay winning the NFC championship AT home. yes, I said it...AT HOME...because I do not believe Dallas is going to get past a tough, and inspired Defense, and their running game, and if somehow they do, Green bay will still go to the Super bowl, beating Dallas on the Road, for the first time in Favres Career. So the Super bowl to me looks like its going to be: Green bay playing Indy.

Sounds good to me. Marvin Harrison is coming back so Indy will win, and I think Jags might win because New England has had trouble with teams like Philly and BALTIMORE so Fred Taylor will trample the NE D. And Brady will have a pair of INTs, but not Garrard, since he is basically invulerable to INTs... :)

GB will win. You're right Shotgun w/ at least Driver on the field = $$$$$$$$$$, oh, I mean, TD!!!!! Hasselbeck will make a stupid comment again and Al Harris will just intercept the girly-man...repeat of 2003 Divisional Playoffs :)

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 33
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    Giants are going to beat the Cowboys since they're one of the top teams in the NFL. The after the Giants beat the Cowboys we go on to play Seattle which will crush the Packers since Favre will get hurt since he's old. After we beat Seattle we'll either get a rematch with the Pats or a rematch with Eli's brother. Either way the Giants will win the Superbowl this year. It won't be easy but we'll pull it off since Eli has been playing pretty good in the last couple of games.

Lord Mike

Years
    Yeah, Giants will beat Dallas. Pretty sure of that. Eli's receivers are actually starting to do something...what a relief...

Oh...and...PEYTON V. ELI IN THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Back