• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

NFL: Predictions and Such...

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ok for the record, Moss is the least of their problems and they shouldnt even pay any mind attention to this Tom Brady walking in a cast thing...its all fake, and Tom Brady is NOT the most clutch player in the league and he showed it on sunday he can be mentally interrupted. not to mention Eli HAS proved himself in the playoffs...how do you think stars are born? and the thing that pisses me off most is that they put Brady above Favre, Namethe, Montana, Young, Aikman, Tittle, etc.. and he has some time before he gets into that section of QBs

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    I hate the patriots and the dophins GO bills and seahawks

The patriots bribe,cheat and play dirty.

THE PATRIOTS SUCK

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Ok for the record, Moss is the least of their problems and they shouldnt even pay any mind attention to this Tom Brady walking in a cast thing...its all fake, and Tom Brady is NOT the most clutch player in the league and he showed it on sunday he can be mentally interrupted. not to mention Eli HAS proved himself in the playoffs...how do you think stars are born? and the thing that pisses me off most is that they put Brady above Favre, Namethe, Montana, Young, Aikman, Tittle, etc.. and he has some time before he gets into that section of QBs

Brady with three Super Bowls is pretty darn clutch. He had a bad game, it happens. Peyton Manning couldn't beat New England for years :0

About Eli, his is in the process of proving himself. He's shown that he can definitely lead a team and play very well, once he starts being more consistent, I'll really think of him highly.

Brady is pretty impressive though, just because he's current doesn't mean he doesn't deserve that status...IMO he does. Is he BETTER than those QBs were? I doubt it, but he's really close.

The patriots bribe,cheat and play dirty.

THE PATRIOTS SUCK

That is plain lol. That Pats suck? Are you kidding me? they haven't lost a game! the only thing you can really have against the Pats is spygate and the massive egos of their coach and players. Bribe? Eh, you might wanna check your facts >.>

This isn't a cheering section either like your subtitle implied, it's about an intelligent NFL discussion, not saying ludicrous stuff like that.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    I disagree...3 Superbowl rings are hard to come by, but not when your Defense wins em...If I recall for example, Mcnabb came within 3 but threw 2 picks in the 4th quarter, and Jake Dellehome WAS IN NO WAY going to win a super bowl. not to mention they had Clock Killin Corey Dillion and Deon Branch was good then. If he doesnt win this year then EVERYTHING was a waste of time if you ask me..If you have those kind of stars around you, you would have the same stats as long as you could throw the ball in the air 30 yards after a 3 step drop back lmao so basically its not like he did EVERYTHING by himself and they are especially not as hard to come by when you CHEAT

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I disagree...3 Superbowl rings are hard to come by, but not when your Defense wins em...If I recall for example, Mcnabb came within 3 but threw 2 picks in the 4th quarter, and Jake Dellehome WAS IN NO WAY going to win a super bowl. not to mention they had Clock Killin Corey Dillion and Deon Branch was good then. If he doesnt win this year then EVERYTHING was a waste of time if you ask me..If you have those kind of stars around you, you would have the same stats as long as you could throw the ball in the air 30 yards after a 3 step drop back lmao

I actually agree that Tom Brady's success has been overhyped, but let's not forget that it was Brady who drove them down the field at the end of that Panthers game to set up Viniteari (god, I can't spell that guy's name >.>)

And regardless of the past, Brady has had a better season than even the great Peyton Manning, breaking his TD record. Sure, he has a lot more toys to play with, but you can't use that against him...after all, Joe Montana had Jerry Rice and Peyton Manning has Marvin Harrison.

Considering that the strongest part of the Pats this year has been their pass offense, I REALLY doubt it will be Brady that costs them a Super Bowl.

I love this matchup though, as the Giants (barring the Ravens probably) gave the Pats the best game this year, it'll be a fun game to watch. I think it will be fairly close (closer than the 14.5 points the Pats are favored by).

Regardless of that even, you'd be pretty nuts to bet against the Pats unless you had a really strong argument to back things up lol...I mean, they ARE undefeated.

Random Note: I think it's funny that the Ravens are the team that really DID beat the Pats (Brian Billick's timeout...they beat themselves, let's face it), yet they were also the only to to fall to MY Miami Dolphins :0

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    I'd bet against the Patriots for two reasons.

1. The Giants have a better defense and they know how to use it to their advantage. We simply apply pressure to Brady as we did to Romo and Favre.

2. Eli Manning is on a hot streak right now. He hasn't thrown an interception during the playoffs, and his detractors note his tendency to throw interceptions. Also, Eli has many unpredictable toys he likes to throw to. It's all about faking the Pats out with Jacobs and Ahmad Bradshaw as they have different styles of running. Jacobs likes to plow through, and Bradshaw likes to weave in and out with speed. Burress, and Boss are also frequent targets of the Manning pass, and those boys can run.

There are my arguments against the Pats. Also, the only problem I see is McQuarter's dropping another interception like he did in Green Bay.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    As a Giant fan (har har) it's hard to bet against a team that's gone undefeated. While I would be ecstatic with a Giant upset (har har again) it's difficult to believe it will happen. But we will see.

It's too easy to make puns with the word Giant.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    There are many arguments against the Giants Joe - It goes both ways.

There are MORE against the Giants for that matter, but IMO it doesn't matter. Anything can happen, but on paper you gotta like the Pats.

I DO see the pass rush to put a hurting on Brady, but the Giants can't defend the Pats either and I think it'll turn into a gunslinging showdown...and as hot as Eli has been, it's tough to beat Tom Brady in a shootout.

I'm not counting out the Giants, you just have to recognize that odds are against them.

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well I personally think that if the Giants can pass rush him like crazy, and Eliminate the run game, the can play a good Cover 2 shell Defense to Eliminate Moss, but then u need to worry about Welker which after a few shots he will be just as shaken up as any other person so they need to get inside the Patriots heads Early and make their Defense EXTREMELY unbalanced. there only shot is to use Bradshaw since the Patriots have not played against him yet, he didnt play in the 1st meeting not to mention he clearly does not get tackled behind the line. so that is the Giants X factor

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    lol guys, after all the Pat-premoting I've done, I'm picking the Giants lol

You'll see my argument later, I'm sure you'll like it :P

But my god, ESPN REALLY needs to stop making such a freaking big deal over Brady's stupid ankle...it's annoying ._.

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    BUMP 6 days left until the Giants win their third super bowl. Also, Brady is wearing that boot to psyche the Giants out, which won't work anyway.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    BUMP 6 days left until the Giants win their third super bowl. Also, Brady is wearing that boot to psyche the Giants out, which won't work anyway.

No, the ankle actually IS injured.

Even though EVERYTHING I know tells me to pick the Pats, my gut feeling (which had the giants over the Pack) is something I simply can't ignore again, which says the Giants win.

I wouldn't be so confident the Giants are going to win though. Keep in mind they have yet to lose a game...

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    The ankle BS is fake..sure it might be actually hurt, but regardless the boot is not needed...it is def. not a high ankle sprain...its a stupid little sprain and they are Stretching what Plaxico said soooo bad...He said 23-17 because those were 2 of his Athletic numbers from HS, and the NFL because they wouldnt leave him alone, and He never said which team...but regardless they are tryna build something so stupid up.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    The ankle BS is fake..sure it might be actually hurt, but regardless the boot is not needed...it is def. not a high ankle sprain...its a stupid little sprain and they are Stretching what Plaxico said soooo bad...He said 23-17 because those were 2 of his Athletic numbers from HS, and the NFL because they wouldnt leave him alone, and He never said which team...but regardless they are tryna build something so stupid up.

That's the American media. I guarentee nobody would care about this if reporters didn't cover it, but ESPN has to make a huge deal out of everything...

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Ok i've read some posts, and oh sugar honey ice tea...

"The giants have a better defense."
    Have you watched an NFL game this year? That doesn't even matter when the Patriots have everything possible in their offense...

Ok, remember this...Neal, Nick Kaczur, and Kyle Brady were all injured in the final game of the season. All are great blockers, and how many sacks did the giants get that night: 1. They certainly have been successful more often than not this season. The perfect Pats, however, did show some weakness in the regular-season finale against the Giants, as they relied on the passing game for all but 44 yards of offense in the win. The right side of the line was missing starters Kaczur and guard Stephen Neal, and the Giants controlled the line of scrimmage.
    During those break down plays, 8-11 - 136 yards. Brady may have a banged up angle, put with the injury report I believe he was not on it except for the shoulder that has been there since 2003, im not sure I'll recheck that, I dont think the angle will effect him at all. Oh yeah thanks to Peter King for that stat.
    Maroney has chargered up in the playoffs, and Fualk has been a beast, not to mention the reciever core.

So I think this game will be scary close though in the beginning, but people, all the versatility in the world with the Pats. I know everyone hates the pats becuase they're winning, but Tom Brady is in the suber bowl, I dont see it any other way...

Another cool thing is this video gamer testing company did 1,000,000 simulations of the game. Adding every aspect possible, stats, injury possibilty...stuff like that.
    The average Pats win 37-28. So I will actually take around that score.

Pats win 37-30 :D Yea, you all have to wait another offseason. While I have a blast becuase the 1-15 patriots in my year, are a dynasty :D Patriots play 60 minutes while the giants play 56.

Ok, now all the pats need is McFadden in the draft, lolololol.

Shawn1607

Asks too many questions
    Years
    • Age 32
    • NJ
    • Seen Aug 9, 2008
    If the Giants are good at something in these playoffs is that they won against all of the teams that had them losing with predictions and averages. Those simulations mean nothing when compared to the actual game.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    If the Giants are good at something in these playoffs is that they won against all of the teams that had them losing with predictions and averages. Those simulations mean nothing when compared to the actual game.

True.

If the Giants cannot get to Brady, they won't win. History proves that. Just look at the Eagles a few years ago, Brady picked them apart. The Panthers were not much better. I wasn't a football fan when they played the Rams, so I wouldn't know lol

Also, beating that offense in general is just tough.

I'm only picking the Giants because my dad picked the Pats really, and a weird feeling tells me an upset is coming...

Really though, logic tells us the Pats are going to win. That's why they play the game.

But seriously now, the Giants are just in trouble. If they can rattle Brady, I actually like their chances a lot. But if you look back to week 17, they simply could not, and look who ended up winning that one.

Also, one day 'til Super Sunday! I can't wait to see the ads. They've been disappointing the past few years, so let's get back on track!

SSJ_Joe

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Ok i've read some posts, and oh sugar honey ice tea...

"The giants have a better defense."
    Have you watched an NFL game this year? That doesn't even matter when the Patriots have everything possible in their offense...

Ok, remember this...Neal, Nick Kaczur, and Kyle Brady were all injured in the final game of the season. All are great blockers, and how many sacks did the giants get that night: 1. They certainly have been successful more often than not this season. The perfect Pats, however, did show some weakness in the regular-season finale against the Giants, as they relied on the passing game for all but 44 yards of offense in the win. The right side of the line was missing starters Kaczur and guard Stephen Neal, and the Giants controlled the line of scrimmage.
    During those break down plays, 8-11 - 136 yards. Brady may have a banged up angle, put with the injury report I believe he was not on it except for the shoulder that has been there since 2003, im not sure I'll recheck that, I dont think the angle will effect him at all. Oh yeah thanks to Peter King for that stat.
    Maroney has chargered up in the playoffs, and Fualk has been a beast, not to mention the reciever core.

So I think this game will be scary close though in the beginning, but people, all the versatility in the world with the Pats. I know everyone hates the pats becuase they're winning, but Tom Brady is in the suber bowl, I dont see it any other way...

Another cool thing is this video gamer testing company did 1,000,000 simulations of the game. Adding every aspect possible, stats, injury possibilty...stuff like that.
    The average Pats win 37-28. So I will actually take around that score.

Pats win 37-30 :D Yea, you all have to wait another offseason. While I have a blast becuase the 1-15 patriots in my year, are a dynasty :D Patriots play 60 minutes while the giants play 56.

Ok, now all the pats need is McFadden in the draft, lolololol.

Ok...it was 100 times not 1 million. and they are not gonna get Mcfadden is the draft. They are going to try and get Howie Longs son the Defensive end just like the Jets, and Mcfadden might end up on the Cowboys because Parcells said he is willing to give up the #1 choice and Jerry Jones wants it for Marion Barber.

Anti, I agree with you but I disagree. They dont need to rattle Him and get to him EVERY play, they didnt do that in the 1st game and look how close they played it. Sure it definitely would help but its not as much a necessity as people think. I bet 1,000,000 bucks the Pats blitz on almost every down in the first quarter to try and get in Eli's head. but I bet you the Pats mess up and give up a HUGE play for biting on Play action because those Old linebackers are going to need a HUGE head start at running down hill headed for Jacobs. and look for them to run in between tackles with Bradshaw because the holes are going to be open, once they see him they are gonna spread the d-line to get pressure off the edge, where Bradshaw would usually run.

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Anti, I agree with you but I disagree. They dont need to rattle Him and get to him EVERY play, they didnt do that in the 1st game and look how close they played it. Sure it definitely would help but its not as much a necessity as people think. I bet 1,000,000 bucks the Pats blitz on almost every down in the first quarter to try and get in Eli's head. but I bet you the Pats mess up and give up a HUGE play for biting on Play action because those Old linebackers are going to need a HUGE head start at running down hill headed for Jacobs. and look for them to run in between tackles with Bradshaw because the holes are going to be open, once they see him they are gonna spread the d-line to get pressure off the edge, where Bradshaw would usually run.

They just need to get in Brady's face is what I meant, not pummel him to the ground every play lol

If Brady can see the field, it's all over. they don't even need to sack him or hit him, they just need to disrupt him.

I agree though, that aspect of the game has been over hyped.

If the Pats blitz the whole first quarter, The Giants can run up the middle and simply destroy the Pats already-shaky run defense. I doubt Belichick will do that.

It'll be interesting to see what's going to happen lol

Back