• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wii

marshmello

i'm a star :)
    Years
    ive got wii sports and i absolutely LOVE the training in bowling! where the amount of skittles gets higher everytime.

Dont all of you with wiis just love making ur Miis? ive made all my family and made my friends and aunties, uncles and even a very manly looking baby cousin, Jennifer

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    I've got a Wii with Zelda:TP, COD3 and Red Steel bought seperatly.

Love each and every game like it was my own child =) (if I ever get round to having children). The controls take a while to get used to on some games but once your in, its amazing.

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
    lol japanese ppl have about 10 more games then us.

lol they will pay more since they like to try out every game since they don't have as much reviews. Trust me I have lot's of japanese friends. We would know what games are like over a month before they come out since we have more reviews of the games. I'm not making fun of the japanese. I dream of going there someday and learn japanese so I can play Diamond and Pearl without trouble. I will get Diamond/Pearl in english really late.

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
    In my opinion the wii is the best out of the 7th generation consoles. The reason? The PS3 has the same controller as the PS2 and the motion sensing is like just turning the controller and stuff like that and you can't stretch without putting down the controller and the Xbox 360 had a head start and that is kind of cheap. Anyway, if it wasn't for the Xbox 360 the wii and the PS3 would not have come out yet and would still be a rumor.

Last edited:
    Years
    In my opinion the wii is the best out of the 3rd generation consoles. The reason? The PS3 has the same controller as the PS2 and the motion sensing is like just turning the controller and stuff like that and you can't stretch without putting down the controller and the Xbox 360 had a head start and that is kind of cheap. Anyway, if it wasn't for the Xbox 360 the wii and the PS3 would not have come out yet and would still be a rumor.

This is the 7th gen.
    Not the third.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    In my opinion the wii is the best out of the 7th generation consoles. The reason? The PS3 has the same controller as the PS2 and the motion sensing is like just turning the controller and stuff like that and you can't stretch without putting down the controller and the Xbox 360 had a head start and that is kind of cheap. Anyway, if it wasn't for the Xbox 360 the wii and the PS3 would not have come out yet and would still be a rumor.
    The PS3 controller has been the same since the PS. It's been the same since they took Nintendo's idea for rumble and analog stick.
    If you want to know what the PS3's motion sensing thing is like then play Excite Truck. Because it doesn't use a pointer or anything, it's just goes by the tilt of the controller (same as Excite Truck).
    You could say the same about the PS2, since it also had a year on the GC and XBox.
    And that last line is totally untrue. You should look up the history of vid games. Lets look at Nintendo. NES to SNES was 7 years, SNES to N64 was 6 years, N64 to GC was 5 years, GC to Wii was 5 years. So saying "If it weren't for the 360 then the Wii and PS3 would be a rumor and still in the works." is way off.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This is the 7th gen.
    Not the third.

......NES, SNES&Genesis/SegaCD, N64&PS1&Saturn/Dreamcast, GCN&PS2&XBox, WII&PS3&360,...I only count 5. Unless you really want to count Atari (pre-NES), but that's still only 6. Or are you counting the Sega systems as a separate generation?

Anyway, back on topic...YES, I finally got one last week. I asked at an EB Games and they said that they had one in the back, so I got it then and there :). Of course, all I have right now is Wii Sports, but I also have a fair-sized collection of Gamecube games...and the Internet Channel, so it's been more than worth it already. The only thing I don't like about it in general is how the remote's power button doesn't work when playing GCN games...but I can see why that wouldn't work.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    The PS3 controller has been the same since the PS. It's been the same since they took Nintendo's idea for rumble and analog stick.
    If you want to know what the PS3's motion sensing thing is like then play Excite Truck. Because it doesn't use a pointer or anything, it's just goes by the tilt of the controller (same as Excite Truck).
    You could say the same about the PS2, since it also had a year on the GC and XBox.
    And that last line is totally untrue. You should look up the history of vid games. Lets look at Nintendo. NES to SNES was 7 years, SNES to N64 was 6 years, N64 to GC was 5 years, GC to Wii was 5 years. So saying "If it weren't for the 360 then the Wii and PS3 would be a rumor and still in the works." is way off.
    PWNED!1one

Anyway, sweeties, I haven't got the Wii yet since Wal-Mart loves to sell all of them before I even get to the door. >>
    I've just got TP for the Wii just to torture myself. ;-;
    But Wii is the best console hands down. =3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    ......NES, SNES&Genesis/SegaCD, N64&PS1&Saturn/Dreamcast, GCN&PS2&XBox, WII&PS3&360,...I only count 5. Unless you really want to count Atari (pre-NES), but that's still only 6. Or are you counting the Sega systems as a separate generation?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_(first_generation)
    Off to the left sidebar is the list of gens (the link takes you to the first).

PWNED!1one

Anyway, sweeties, I haven't got the Wii yet since Wal-Mart loves to sell all of them before I even get to the door. >>
    I've just got TP for the Wii just to torture myself. ;-;
    But Wii is the best console hands down. =3
    You need to keep at it. And it might also be hard to just walk in and see a Wii there (I know some has posted saying they did, and they're lucky). I had to get to the store an hour before it opened, and that was the only time I've seen a Wii anywhere (everywhere else is cleaned out when I go in there and look for games and look around to see if they got a Wii).

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
    I should NOT have told my parents how great the Wii is. Now even though I got better grades at school they still think B's are too bad. They took my Wii for it.

Anyway the store that I always go to which is a 25 minute drive from my house finally got the WiiMote, nunchucks, classics, and Wii points card. I also saw the had a Wii. Here. In Saudi Arabia. For Sale. Wii's are really rare here.... for now. If anybody who is living in Riyadh and wants a Wii go to that store.

I have a question. I heard that they are making a new Wii which will come out in about 1.5 or 2 years because the Wii sold really good. Is that true?

If you want to find the store with the Wii in Riyadh, PM me.

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
    I should NOT have told my parents how great the Wii is. Now even though I got better grades at school they still think B's are too bad. They took my Wii for it.

Anyway the store that I always go to which is a 25 minute drive from my house finally got the WiiMote, nunchucks, classics, and Wii points card. I also saw the had a Wii. Here. In Saudi Arabia. For Sale. Wii's are really rare here.... for now. If anybody who is living in Riyadh and wants a Wii go to that store.

I have a question. I heard that they are making a new Wii which will come out in about 1.5 or 2 years because the Wii sold really good. Is that true?

If you want to find the store with the Wii in Riyadh, PM me.

THAT NO TRUE WHERE YOU HEAR THAT?

Seriously, though, after much deliberation on our family's parts (I didn't know this, but my mother and father went out for THREE hours looking from Mission to Vancouver [I live in Canada] just to find out. I thanked them a lot :D) I finally have a Wii. Now, I've just got to buy that Wario. Wahahahaha~

And Zelda, can't beat Zelda, unless you're Link, or depraved. I vote second. :D

Anyways, as you can tell, I tried using the Wiinternet and died due to so much horrible shakiness on my part :(

In short, I loved it. If they made a new Wii, I'd probably buy it. Or not. Depends on how much they go for nowadays.

And for the record, I got mine at EBGames (because we rarely have GameStops or other video gaming stores like Target or something :( What UP With That?)

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
    How much profit is Nintendo making from every Wii sold (NOT games, just the console)?

Let's see, most stores are sold out, lot's of people talk about having it, and the price is really expensive. How much do you think? 30 or 40 million if they sell all? It would be a good idea to make a new Wii in my opinion.

Years
    Let's see, most stores are sold out, lot's of people talk about having it, and the price is really expensive. How much do you think? 30 or 40 million if they sell all? It would be a good idea to make a new Wii in my opinion.

You can't work out the profit without knowing the production price.

Back