• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nintendo Wii

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    and the price is really expensive.

*Stares in disbelief*

XBox 360-$300 (basic) to $500 (premium)
    PS3-$500 MINIMUM

Wivolution-$250 (everything included)

Interesting definition of "really expensive"...

Anyway, Esupio's right--you can't determine how much money someone's making from a product without knowing how much that product costs them to make. However, I'm sure one of our Mod/Admin friends knows how much it is per unit...

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • How much profit is Nintendo making from every Wii sold (NOT games, just the console)?
    Nintendo makes around $40 dollars per console ($37.69 if you want to be on the dot, and that's just the console itself, it's not counting the Wiimotes and stuff).
    Now keep in mind that this is a Wii console from Japan. The reason I say that is because the system sells for about $35 dollars lower then here in the States. And if it costs around the same to make the console (I don't see why it wouldn't) then they're pulling in more profit (and the same goes for all the other countries out there).

*Stares in disbelief*

XBox 360-$300 (basic) to $500 (premium)
    PS3-$500 MINIMUM

Wivolution-$250 (everything included)

Interesting definition of "really expensive"...

Anyway, Esupio's right--you can't determine how much money someone's making from a product without knowing how much that product costs them to make. However, I'm sure one of our Mod/Admin friends knows how much it is per unit...
    XBox 360:
    ~ Core System: $300
    ~ Premium System: $400

PS3:
    ~ Basic System: $500
    ~ Premium System: $600

But if you want to go all out and make the 360 on the same level (sort of) as the PS3 then it'll cost over $750 (because you need the Wi-Fi thing, XBox Live Gold, and the HD-DVD drive as well). Funny how the 360 can end up costing more then the PS3 when you go all out. And people say the Wii stuff costs too much (how they got to buy a Numchuck, a Classic Controller, and so on)...

Oh we know everything! j/k XD

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    I got my Wii just this Christmas.

I think its a great console, I haven't bought any games yet, since I haven't the time to (work and uni is about my entire weekly schedule), but I guess I make do with Wii Sports.

I love Wii Bowling and the Tennis.

Its so awesome. =)

Especially Bowling, all your friends can have fun on it, tis so great and easy to play.

Now, I just need to dig out about 90 bucks and get myself Twilight Princess, then I'll be in business. xD

Also, does anyone have a release date for Brawl?
    Goddammit, I'm getting that the day it hits the stores. =X

Kiyoshikane

Get with the program mai boy~
    Years
  • I got my Wii just this Christmas.

I think its a great console, I haven't bought any games yet, since I haven't the time to (work and uni is about my entire weekly schedule), but I guess I make do with Wii Sports.

I love Wii Bowling and the Tennis.

Its so awesome. =)

Especially Bowling, all your friends can have fun on it, tis so great and easy to play.

Now, I just need to dig out about 90 bucks and get myself Twilight Princess, then I'll be in business. xD

Also, does anyone have a release date for Brawl?
    Goddammit, I'm getting that the day it hits the stores. =X

HAHA I GOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS IT R VERY VERY GOOD GAME :D

And no, I believe there isn't a release date for Mr. Brawl for the Wii yet, but in the meantime, you could check the website, which also has the trailer music. You know, the one where they overly dramatize everything and shows Mario in a sephiroth mood :(

...Wait, 90 bucks? Here, it's 60-70 :)

And I have no friends, therefore I am all alone for playing my Wii.

Happy hunting guys, and good luck in finding your Wiis, if you wish.

(BTW, in case you wish to buy the PS3 and XBOX 360, I recommend you get HDTV to see all the clarity, but then the price may get over 1800 or something :( That's why I got a Wii instead :D )

Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Apr 10, 2008
    HAHA I GOT TWILIGHT PRINCESS IT R VERY VERY GOOD GAME :D

And no, I believe there isn't a release date for Mr. Brawl for the Wii yet, but in the meantime, you could check the website, which also has the trailer music. You know, the one where they overly dramatize everything and shows Mario in a sephiroth mood :(

...Wait, 90 bucks? Here, it's 60-70 :)

And I have no friends, therefore I am all alone for playing my Wii.

Happy hunting guys, and good luck in finding your Wiis, if you wish.

(BTW, in case you wish to buy the PS3 and XBOX 360, I recommend you get HDTV to see all the clarity, but then the price may get over 1800 or something :( That's why I got a Wii instead :D )
    Oh, I was referring to AUD. xD

But I hope it dropped since the last time I saw it in the stores. @_@

Pretty Boy Sean

Journeyman
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Jun 15, 2007
    It's an okay console. I just hope I'm not forced to use the Wiimote for more traditional games.

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
  • It's an okay console. I just hope I'm not forced to use the Wiimote for more traditional games.

That's why they have the Wii classic controller, but I recommend buying one when you find a game you like that that uses the Wii Classic Controller. Just in case you can't find out what controllers to use, you can find that out if you look at the top-right area of the back part of the game case (It will have a picture of some with a number which means the maximum number of players in the game. Duh).

I BEAT LOZ: TP TWICE!!:D I also made Miis of Link and Zelda but they didn't come out right except for the eyes.

Years
  • That's why they have the Wii classic controller, but I recommend buying one when you find a game you like that that uses the Wii Classic Controller. Just in case you can't find out what controllers to use, you can find that out if you look at the top-right area of the back part of the game case (It will have a picture of some with a number which means the maximum number of players in the game. Duh).

I BEAT LOZ: TP TWICE!!:D I also made Miis of Link and Zelda but they didn't come out right except for the eyes.

He doesn't mean VC games, cause you can a GC controller for them anyway, so the classic controller is kinda pointless, unless you don't own a gamecube.

I just bought MK64 from the VC (europe got it early!) and its awesome.

Draik

Hi.
    Years
  • I will personally hug a kitty just for a Wii.

;_;

EDITED BY TRIFORCE89: No need to be that violent about it. So, I've changed your post to something nicer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Emma

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2012
    I'm not really that far into LoZ: TP really, I got the Wii last Friday and I've only been able to play it for about 6 hours overall XD

I'm hoping to get another Wiimote and Nunchuck so I can have friends over to play a lot easier instead of keep passing around one controller all the time XD

Draik

Hi.
    Years
  • Bleh, discussed my hardcore Wii Envy with my dad. Here's a basic re-cap of what happened.

Me: But dad, the Nintendo Wii costs about 600 bucks out of stores, and there's a Buy-it-Now on eBay for $390. PLEASE BUY IT FOR ME :[
    Dad: Come on, you can wait, can ya?
    Me: ... until June. I CAN'T WAIT UNTIL JUNE FOR A NINTENDO WII@@@
    Dad: You know son, patience is a virtue.
    Me: But I'll have an excuse to "bond" with you! And not go outside!
    Dad: True. But no.

;_;

Hero of Time Link³

KFC's 33rd Employee
    Years
  • heres something you probably don't know Sony was working with Nintendo on the SNES or N64 to create a CD system for it but Nintendo dumped the idea for CDs so since Sony held a grudge and made a PS1 with Nintendo cartridge support but dumped the idea and created the PS1 by using similar designs to the blueprints of SNES/N64

Rayquaza1

I go by To Aravas now.
    Years
  • heres something you probably don't know Sony was working with Nintendo on the SNES or N64 to create a CD system for it but Nintendo dumped the idea for CDs so since Sony held a grudge and made a PS1 with Nintendo cartridge support but dumped the idea and created the PS1 by using similar designs to the blueprints of SNES/N64

What does that have to do with this forum?

I'm getting four more wii games from amazon, but one is pre-ordered. They all arrived in America and my sister just shipped them here to Saudi Arabia. It will be here by February 15th. OH YEAH!!:D

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    To me the Wii's being a let down, I was hoping for COD3 online and ya know, a non shite red steel.

Years
  • To me the Wii's being a let down, I was hoping for COD3 online and ya know, a non shite red steel.

Red steel isn't bad, just the media over hyped it, massively, if you playing it and not expect that game that IGN and Gamespot told you about, it isn't amazing though, or even that good.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Red steel isn't bad, just the media over hyped it, massively, if you playing it and not expect that game that IGN and Gamespot told you about, it isn't amazing though, or even that good.

The Media over hyped the whole Wii to be blunt.

Back