• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

No Game No Life

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years

• NO GAME NO LIFE

The story centers around Sora and Shiro, a brother and sister whose reputations as brilliant NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) hikikomori (shut-in) gamers have spawned urban legends all over the Internet. These two gamers even consider the real world as just another "crappy game." One day, they are summoned by a boy named "God" to an alternate world. There, God has prohibited war and declared this to be a world where "everything is decided by games"—even national borders. Humanity has been driven back into one remaining city by the other races. Will Sora and Shiro, the good-for-nothing brother and sister, become the "Saviors of Humanity" on this alternate world? "Well, let's start playing."

(Source)

Information

Episodes: 12
    Aired: Apr 9, 2014
    Genres: Adventure, Comedy, Ecchi, Fantasy, Supernatural
    Producers: Madhouse, Media Factory, Sentai Filmworks

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I actually wanted to make a thread but I don't know how to make an opening.

Spoiler:

Anyway... I'm kinda frustrated that the LN translations only reached the second chapter of the third volume. Because I won't know what will they be facing next. :<

Still, the games intrigued me, and I'm looking forward to see them animated in the next episodes. :>

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • A lot of 'elites' I know call this series garbage. Not that I care. I love this. My second fave series after JoJo this season.

Also, the opening is awesome. :3

derozio

Years
  • See what I meant by my first statement? :v

Though there are a lot many I know apart from lappy. They all can stick to their good animu while we enjoy our garbage. :3

Candy

Years
  • See what I meant by my first statement? :v

Though there are a lot many I know apart from lappy. They all can stick to their good animu while we enjoy our garbage. :3

I actually expected Lappy to come here and say that. :v

Not everybody has the same tastes anyway. Let them talk all they want. P:

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    I'm really enjoying NGNL's bright art-style - I personally believe it heightens the games' visuals. Its OP is also amongst my favourite openings/endings this season.

A question for the LN's readers: how faithful has this adaption been so far?

Candy

Years
  • A question for the LN's readers: how faithful has this adaption been so far?

Hmm...
    1. They played poker with an old man, but it was changed to a woman at the first episode.
    2. The elf that helped Kurami/Clammy Zel wasn't that girl (you'll see her later), but an old man. Geez, what's with the LN author and old men at the first volume?
    3. They played the game of chess on a table, not on two balconies with life-size chess pieces.
    4. They made their speech first before doing the council meeting.
    5. Tet appeared during the council meeting, not in their bedroom.

So far, there's that. It doesn't change a lot about the storyline though.

In the next episode, we get to see Stephanie Dola losing to [ ] and forced to become their dog for a day.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
  • Hmm...
    1. They played poker with an old man, but it was changed to a woman at the first episode.
    2. The elf that helped Kurami/Clammy Zel wasn't that girl (you'll see her later), but an old man. Geez, what's with the LN author and old men at the first volume?
    If it's filled with old mans, I'm not surprised it has been changed to bishoujos.

Candy

Years
  • If it's filled with old men, I'm not surprised it has been changed to bishoujos.

Obviously. It will take out all the interest from the viewers.

But hey, at least I get to see that elf before her actual appearance. :3

TwilightBlade

Years
  • 4th episode was good. I liked the king's speech and Tet's appearance at the end of the episode.

Akiba

[img]http://i.imgur.com/o3RYT4v.png[/img]
    Years
  • I like how Sora just casually starts taking over the world.

And that moment when Steph is freaking out because they talked to Tet was priceless.

Stephanie Dola: Sora! Shiro! Wasn't that Tet the One True God?
    Sora: Yeah, why?
    Stephanie Dola: Wh-wh-what's going on? You said you beat him in a game, didn't you?
    Sora: Forget about that. Just get us down from here.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Did anyone watch this week's episode yet?

Spoiler:

Candy

Years
  • Glad to see that they stayed faithful to the LN. Even what Shiro took from Steph the first time. xDD

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

derozio

Years
  • Pretty sure they were the gods that got defeated, yes. :v

anyway, awesome episode. Poor steph. Those faces shiro and sora made were priceless, tho haha. Also, laputa reference! The girl at the end looked so amazing. And her voice omg. I loved how she spoke XD But I agreed with the three. Voice totally changed how I looked at her lol.

TwilightBlade

Years
  • 5th episode was alright. I liked how they ~bullied~ Steph and called her a Steph, pahaha. Truly a heartfelt moment when she realized that the NEET siblings are trying to help in their own way.

Lmao at Laputa reference.

Back