• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: No More Future Global Missions Announced

Years
    My likely guess is that Festival Plaza may stay but only do missions for US/UM, or it'll mean Verlisify's speculation that Festival Plaza would be dumped in US/UM would be true due to Game Freak realising that it was a failure.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Well, this bites. I was planning on entering the last one, but my DS couldn't connect to Wi-Fi anymore. I'm guessing this was for the best since US/UM are coming soon.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Was there a reason given for why they're not doing any more of them? I can't read Japanese so idk if the PGL thing says anything relevant or not.

Wouldn't be surprised though if it's like what Blue said tho

SirBoglor

[b][I][FONT=Satisfy]It's over, isn't it?[/FONT][/I
    Years
    Was there a reason given for why they're not doing any more of them? I can't read Japanese so idk if the PGL thing says anything relevant or not.

Wouldn't be surprised though if it's like what Blue said tho

The translation that I read gave absolutely no context to why. It simply stated that the Lottery global mission will be the last.

As for why, my opinion is that they are looking to make something better than Festival Plaza. Perhaps a PSS replacement or something of the like? It's not like Rotom Dex is doing anything in our bottom screens right now.

Years
    • Age 24
    • Seen Jul 20, 2019
    The global missions are shutting down? Hmm... I've never done any at all. So I don't know what the deal is. I plan to download or buy Ultra Sun, so I could see what's new and thus see if they rip the festival plaza completly. Does anyone else plan to do the same?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    As others have said, it may be because of USUM, but I hope it is removed because it was terrible. There were no real minigames that it seemed like it would have. It was just boring.

Once you got to 100, what was the point?

Not only that, it was a serious downgrade from all previous similar areas. Especially the PSS. You couldn't find your friends to trade with. You couldn't find you friends to battle. And if you could, I never learned how. Everything about the online feature was extremely boring. They could have added multiplayer mini games, but nope.

If you look at it this way 30,256 things were done. It lasted for two weeks, so if everyone did the thing every day, you would have 14 per person. That means only about 2,200 people were doing it out of the millions of people who have the game,

Back