• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Noob Alert!

Flute

Full-time loser
Years
  • Hi! My name's Flute, but you can call me Johnny. My name is kindof ironic, I've never played a flute in my life. Also, a flute is an extremely quiet instrument... I play the bagpipes. x-x My favourite Pokemon is Celebi, because it is the cutest thing I've ever layed eyes on. When I play the Pokemon games, I catch pokemon only if their gender matches what they look like. I.e, I will never catch a female Mr. Mime since it looks like a male, or a male Feebas since it evolves into a female.

I joined this community to make new friends, to get better at playing Pokemon (I have a Nintendo DS but no games for it, so you won't see me posting in any Gen4 or Gen5 threads until I get money), and to increase my Gen3 ROMhacking skills. And trust me, there's quite a bit of room for improvement. I can use AdvanceMap and AdvanceStarter. That's it, that's all I understand. I don't know what else to put here, other than...

repli 2 mi thr3d pl0x l0l0l0l0!!!!1!!!!111!!!!!11!!111oneone

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'll be quite honest with you, I was about to say "omg chill out dude i'll get to you in a bit xD" but then I see it was intentional and wanted to end your intro on a funny note. xD You sir, are awesome...and I applaud to you for that. :D

Anyways, Welcome to PC, Flute. I actually played the Flute when I was in the 8th grade. I was pretty good at it, wish I continued in high school. :( Heh, reading your info about Pokemon, it sounds like you're quite picky when it comes to catching Pokemon. The only "picky" thing I do is when I organize my team by level.

Hah, so anyways. Great to see ya here, and I'll point you to the Emulation section since you're interested in that! ^_^ PM me if you have any questions or concerns and I shall see ya around, yes? Have fun!

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
  • Yeah, I guess a jokes like that isn't really smart to put on an introduction thread, when the community knows nothing about you. :l

I've always been picky with my teams, which can be a good thing since it makes for a stronger team and easier challenges. I've always liked the weakest pokemon types. They're so much more fun, for me anyway. The Flying and Bug types never get old. Whenever I'm looking for cheap entertainment I'll go and catch a bunch of bug-type pokemon or flying-type pokemon, leading to extreme fun but a god-awful team. Also, whenever I want a pokemon I catch it, get it's egg then release it (only exceptions are legendaries, pokemon whom can't have eggs or pokemon I caught under level 5.) I believe this is better for the EV's and gets me more personally attached the the game and the pokemon, leading to an overall better experience.

I'll check out the Emulation forums in a bit, at the moment I have to pretend I did homework today.

Last edited:

Sakura Rain

→Let's laugh at everything!
    Years
  • Lo, dear~ Welcome to PC! omg I played the flute in middle school too what is this sorcery

I'm the same way, lol. If I catch a female Mr. Mime, out it goes. I'm a bit more tolerant of Feebas/Milotic, though.

ANYWAY. Hope you have a great time here~ Contact moderators/admins if you have any problems.

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2012
    Welcome Flute, I'm not completely sure what all the emulators and stuff people talk about around here, but I love pokemon (:

Flute

Full-time loser
    Years
  • Such a warm welcome, I didn't think my thread would get any replies, haha. ^^ It's always nice to see a welcoming community.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • hey Flute, welcome to PC! I have to agree that sometimes I'm a bit picky about my Pokemon too, but only for my team pokemon, I get really specific about that C:

Years
  • Hey Flute, I'm Hikari.

I'm not the best competitive battler or hacker but I still play Pokemon cos it's fun.

Bit surprised no one took your name yet, how unusual.

I guess everyone has got you covered but you should check out the Trivia sections if you like. We have one for Pokemon and one for non-Pokemon stuff. I'm really good at trivia, I'd say.

Well, have fun in this community!

- Hikari10

Renegade1

#1 Noob!
    Years
  • Hi! My name's Flute, but you can call me Johnny. My name is kindof ironic, I've never played a flute in my life. Also, a flute is an extremely quiet instrument... I play the bagpipes. x-x

That has to be the most epic non-excuse for a name ever!!!!11!1!1one!one!!!four!!!!!!!!!!!111111!!!1!!!111!

Seriously though. It did make me smirk. But hiya!€

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
    Years
  • Welcome to the community, happy to have you! *hands out a "Welcome" card* I'm Cosmo.
    I've always been picky about which Pokemon I choose... They have to have a good design or else I won't choose them. That's why I only had two Pokemon in Emerald until the final gym. XD
    So, you are interested in hacking, eh? I lead my own team (if not apparent by my signature) but we are still in Team Discussions, so yeah. XD If you'd like to check us out or drop by, I'd be happy. Also, if you want to chat or get lost, feel free to VM/PM me.

Back