• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga NP: The Theory of Slice of Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
Years
  • I started reading Touch last night, only the first volume but it seems like it'll be a good read. If there's one thing Japan does well it is Baseball manga.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Maybe I should go watch UtaPri too lawlz.

If you want to watch bishies singing good music (that also has the seiyuu singing live once) and the abomination that is Haruka's eyes, go ahead.

And I'm not joking about the eyes.

If there's one thing Japan does well it is Baseball manga.

Japan's all about baseball when it comes to sports. Everyone knows that. P:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Japan's all about baseball when it comes to sports. Everyone knows that. P:

Not really seeing your point. Popularity of a sport in real life doesn't mean there will be better manga for said sport. I mean football is their second most popular sport and there is only 1 football series that could be considered iconic, and even that is more to do with popularity outside of Japan.

On the topic of their sports I'd love to see a serious golf manga one day, could be fun. Off the top of my head I only remember a silly ecchi one. Can also only think of 1 character that plays the sport, that girl Takumi meets right towards the end of the Initial D manga (still kind of mad he pussied out of keeping the first girl, muh otaku backlash).

Years
  • Golf is definitely a businessman's sport, haha. It's basically an excuse to get drunk, socialize, and sometimes hit a ball with a stick in a haphazard fashion.

Not really seeing your point. Popularity of a sport in real life doesn't mean there will be better manga for said sport. I mean football is their second most popular sport and there is only 1 football series that could be considered iconic, and even that is more to do with popularity outside of Japan.

Baseball lends itself well to recollections, radio broadcasting, and general dramatization because it's effectively a turn-based sport with no time limit. There's a reason it was the most popular sport in America before the TV era.

Years
  • Aww ♥♥♥♥, now I need to download it all. D: And it isn't like I don't possess a long list of stuff to download anyway. :b But thanks anyway, laptrap.

Current series on download - GitS SAC + Haibane Renmei. I thought I'd be satisfied with having just the GitS movies. But I just couldn't stop myself from wanting to get the SAC series too.

Years
  • Pfft these two series, one MC has banged 3 women already and has 2 kids and the other MC has 8 wives. The harem genre seems to be evolving into consensual polygamy.

As for the sports genre...tbh its the rare times I actually like to read or watch sports. The traditional shonen message of teamwork and the hard working protagonist reaching a goal after going through rivals still engages me more in this "realistic setting" than the thrill of a court tourney. If you can of course suspend your disbelief with the inhuman feats and slight magic these characters employ. Heh.

I'll get around to picking up these when I clear the piling up amount of series I've pickdd up hahah.

Last edited:

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Naruto was 10/10 this week.
    Spoiler:

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • Oh look, baseball and basketball are apparently the same. Whaddya know?

They both start with B and ends with "ball", I'm not surprised. P:

As for Bleach, its back to Ishida being emo vs Ichigo again...

Bleach is being boring as usual, eh? I'll just wait for it to end first before reading again. At least it's better than wasting 5 minutes skimming a new chapter.

It's sad that the beginning of the arc got me interested again.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back