• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nurse Joy & the Pokémon Center

Shedinjareese

Undercover Rocket
    Years
    "Hi! Welcome to the Pokemon Center, where we heal your Pokemon to full health."

It's in every game, and when I saw it yet again in Pokemon Pearl, I was like, really? Doesn't that sound like a one-time-read Trainer Tips sign? Why does she have to say it everytime I want to heal my Pokemon? If I'm talking to Nurse Joy, it means I'm probably there for a very specific reason. When I have two fainted level 23s and a poisoned Starter that I just want to get back out there and train, it makes me want to stock up on Hyperpotions rather than go through the motions at the Pokecenter again. Anyone agree? Should they change the text for the future games?

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2014
    No--when someone walks into -some- stores/restauarants, the cashier or whomever may have some lame line to say EVERY time, like 'Welcome to Good Burger, home of the Good Burger. Can I take your order?' They'll say that line every time someone comes to them regardless if they're a new and braindead customer or the regular who gets coffee there every morning. I s'pose the same goes for pkmn centers--it's politeness.

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    I guess it's a tradition? It's been in every single game. It dosen't bother me, sometimes A facing nurse joy after she's already healed my pokemon and she says "Would you like me to heal your Pokémon?" So it gives me a chance to press no or B instead of her healing my Pokémon again. There's nothing wrong with it IMO.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I think it might be for little kids who might forget what they do there or are confused. The little kids I'm talking about are the kids new to the Pokémon games so it makes sense that they would include it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It doesnt bother me...oh and she's saying it to be polite i guess...also like someone said it gives me a chance to press B when i accidently try to heal again.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    It has been incidents where I heal my pokemon 2 or even three times trying to ignore what she's saying because I already know what she's going to say. But it doesn't really bother me

Rabbit

where is my mind?
    Years
    It has been incidents where I heal my pokemon 2 or even three times trying to ignore what she's saying because I already know what she's going to say.

Yes, I do that really often...=_=;

I'd like to see the message shortened to just "Welcome to the Pokemon Centre. Should I heal your Pokemon?" So much of the video game is routine that shortening the NPC's monologues would help a bit. Holding down the speed button is really boring.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    That and she said I hope to see you again, ...

"Yes, please force your Pokemon to beyond their limits."

Shaterpie

Gold Caterpie > Red Gyarados
    Years
    Yeah, "We hope to see you again" makes it sound as though she's some sicko who likes to see Pokemon injured and on the verge of death. I mean, we don't pay her..

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    It's a conspiracy! Nurse Joy is actually a programmed robot!

... I just ignore what she says by not even reading the "Dialogue Box".

If you get the Gold Card, the nurse finally realizes that the player has been to a Pokemon center before.

Really? Is this true? Why does it have to be a Gold Card?

So much of the video game is routine that shortening the NPC's monologues would help a bit. Holding down the speed button is really boring.

What is a "speed button"? 0_o

Last edited:

Zennerick

The Researcher
    Years
    Oh my gosh! If you have a Gold Card, you get an even longer message, that is, only the first time you see her with a gold card...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Raquaza'sMoltresLegand64

Rayquaza shall get avevenged..
    Years
    I may find that same line over and over again boring, but it is polite and each Nurse Joy is different so probley they change shifts every time you go in so probley until you get the Gold TC the sme Nurse Joy finally remembers you

Back