• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nurse Joy & the Pokémon Center

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
Years
  • As amusing as it is to think of Nurse Joy as a sadist, she's really just being polite. It's sort of like at the end of a transaction at a store, the clerks are practically obligated to say either that or "have a nice day."

That and if you don't see her again, your Pokémon will go around being injured, fainted, poisoned, what have you. It'd be a little inevitable, considering you're a trainer with only so much money to spend on supplies. So, it might just be that she hopes you'll see her, rather than let your Pokémon limp around because you're avoiding the Pokémon Center.

Sparkle

Ninetales Rocks :D
    Years
  • I don't think she means any harm, but now that you mention it, she does seem to desperstely want to heal yer Pokemon, therefore wants them to get badly beaten up in the first place. xD

But if it weren't for her, our Pokés would never be healed free of charge.
    (I say free of chareg, becuase you can heal Pokemon with Max Elixers and Ethers, but it might cost ya ;])

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Wow...where do people think of these things :P

It's just simple politeness. Also, it's also inviting you back, ie "whenever your pokemon are hurt, we're here to help"

~Mooshykris

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    She probably means that she hopes you heal your Pokemon regularly so they don't get hurt. And I'd most likely go to a Pokemon Center if it was in close proximity to me, instead of using Potions and all that kinda stuff. So I guess it sorta makes sense.

Years
  • Every time you go into a Pokemon center, after healing you bruised, injured Pokemon, Nurse Joy say, "We hope to see you again." The only time she would see you is if your Pokemon are all battered up from battling and they are in need of healing.

So, does Nurse Joy hope you Pokemon get hurt so she can see you again, or is she simply being polite?

NB: This is meant to be slightly sarcastic, but there is a hint of suspicion..

XD Sadly, I've thought about this too. When I 1st saw her say it lonnnnng ago in Red, I was like "WTF is that supposed to mean?!" I guess she's being polite but then again she's always so cheery even if pokemon are hurt...so it kinda makes you wonder eh? XD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • XD Sadly, I've thought about this too. When I 1st saw her say it lonnnnng ago in Red, I was like "WTF is that supposed to mean?!" I guess she's being polite but then again she's always so cheery even if pokemon are hurt...so it kinda makes you wonder eh? XD

I always took her cheeriness just to be bedside manner so the trainers don't get worried that their Pokémon aren't going to be all right. It's sort of like a doctor who says shots are only going to feel like a little pinch so the kids don't freak out over the needle.

Besides, it could be worse. She could be House. XD

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Well, you wouldn't want her to say I hope I never see you again, now would you?

It's a plain We'll be there for you if your Pokemon get injured statement.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • rikanai, that is honestly hilarious! I laughed when I read it.
    And Dragonair_Blizzard, that is exactly what I think.

AtomicoExploda

I don't know.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2013
    Hmm, thats a very good point, I mean it sounds weird when you think about it. I think she is being polite though, the reason it's like that is because she is programed to say that every time XD It's actually kinda funny when you think about it cuz if she is like in her head sayin "ahhh stop saying that!" then you can just talk to her and she haz to say that every time haha you control her with the "a" button on your gameboy or DS. XD Anyway she is tryin to be polite.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years
  • lol this is a funny thread. well i guess id have to say she does because pokemon centers (in anime, manga, and game) are for more then healing your pokemon...

anime- its pretty obvious... its kinda like a hotel

manga- well i acutally don't know to much about the manga but im gonna assume its similar to the game

game- it has the function of wifi and accessin ur pokemon boxes and stuff

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Yeah she is being polite but it does sound suspicious..
    Ebon Blade, I don't really understand your answer..

nssfleahedgehog

Master of the W Universe
    Years
  • Here's my theory on this subject:

Nurse Joy "hopes to see you again" because if you didn't come back with Pokemon to be healed, she'd be bored standing there, and so wants to heal your Pokemon so she has something to do (even if it's the same thing over and over again). Standing there is all she does. She never does anything different (and thus is boring).

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I think that she's pretty nice. She welcomes you everytime that you come to the Pokémon Center and does this for many people many times in one day.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    She always says that even if I submitted Pokémon at full health. She's more likely a robot. Robots don't really have feelings, so neither rude nor polite. But if she isn't a robot, I highly recommend her to get a crash course on manners

Back