• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obligatory "logos are better" post

Shiny

content creator on twitch
    Years
    I might be amongst the minority, but I actually like the english logos better.

I agree with you actually, I greatly prefer the english logos.

I like the logo for Moon especially, and I'm 90% set on getting it actually.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I can already see a rumor of a third game named Pokemon Eclipse.
    or a pair of sequels called pokemon lunar eclipse & pokemon solar eclipse.
    ...It does remind one of that. It also reminds me of the fan theories of what GS remakes were going to be called at the beginning of Gen IV. Some assumed DawnGold and DuskSilver. I thought they were going to be called SunGold and MoonSilver. Funny how Omega and Alpha were expected to be the name of whole new games, but instead became part of the name of remakes, while Sun and Moon did become their own games, not part of the naming of remakes like some of us expected.
    regardless i'm making the same choice i made with the digimon games and going with the moon one.
    this is going to be the first time my name will fit the game perfectly...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I can already see a rumor of a third game named Pokemon Eclipse.

I can see Star (because of obvious reasons), or Storm (especially if the legends end up being based on Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi. Susano'o was the storm god and their triplet (they weren't born by traditional means though...the first two came from Izanagi's eyes, and Susano'O came from when he cleaned his nose with purifying water). Btw Gen VI was the first even Gen not to have any legend based on Shintoism. Gen II had Lugia who is based on the Sea Dragon God, and Gen IV had Uxie, Mesprite, and Azelf who appear to be based on the three regalia while Giratina might be based on Susano'O as as his father vanished him to Yomi in one version of the tale)

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    I'm more interested in comparing the relatively simple, slightly glossy flat design for the JP logos (especially the version subtitles, which are very sleek), and comparing them to the ultra-3D, angled and textured logos used on the Japanese XY/ORAS box art.

To me, this indicates a fairly big change in the interface design for these games compared to the UI graphics used in Gen VI.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 27, 2024
    I guess i now gotta start saving up for a vault and then another $50 for moon
    also why is moon's logo an axe while sun's is a shuriken? dose that mean the third version(if we get one) will be a morning star?

Years
    also why is moon's logo an axe while sun's is a shuriken? dose that mean the third version(if we get one) will be a morning star?

I think they're stylized so they can look cool. No wonder why someone thought Moon's logo reminded them of Mega Salamence.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I like both logos equally, but I'm leaning towards Moon more. As for languages, I like the English versions for the font.

Back