• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

Tyrunt or Amura?

• Tyrunt

Votes: 32 69.6%
  • Amura

Votes: 14 30.4%

• Total voters

Moist

other in a month When you,
    Years
    This Thread is now complete:
    October CoroCoro ~ New Pokémon, Starter Evolutions & More!

xseed

Reality? Or a dream?
    Years
    You know what be a PERFECT nickname for that chespin evo?

DERPY MOLE Lmao. And what da heck? I dont understand why fennekin evo has a stick stuck on its tail. other than that it looks boss. But froakie took me by suprise.

And garchomp is epic looking in his mega form. Mewtwo x is epic looking two but them toes lmao.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    To quote my previous post regarding Mewtwo's second Mega Evolution:

I still stand my point that the rumored second Mega Evolution for Mewtwo will be a version exclusive like Kyurem's forms. One version will contain the Mega Mewtwo we already know, while the other version will contain the second Mega Mewtwo. What I'm not sure about is how this will be interpret with a possible third version once Z version rolls in.

I so called it, so maybe we'll get Mega Mewtwo Z in the next few years? And Mega Garchomp? Expect it to get banned to ubers again even with the new Fairy weakness.

Now onto the starters. Chespin's reminds me of Pignite's design except it's less appealing. Hopefully, its second stage evolution redeems it. As much as I like Fennekin's, I fear it'll only make her an easier target as furbait. I'm still unsure if the white stuff around Froakie's neck is either foam or clouds.

So finally we have a T-Rex Pokemon (Tyranitar is mostly based off of a kaiju than the famous carnivore), along with a sauropod Pokemon, who is obviously going to be the worst of the two due to that dual typing.

So the rumors were true, not only is Meowstick real, but so is the type chart for Fairy. Steel's nerf surprised me because now Metagross, Jirachi, and Bronzong are vulnerable to Dark and Ghost types (though to be fair, Steel resisting the paranormal and dirty tactics made little sense to begin with).

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Oh, so Team Flare isn't all about money? Of course, they had to add the fashion sense of the French into the mix. What was I thinking?

I find it interesting that Mewtwo has two Mega Evolutions. Since they're exclusive to each game . . . does that mean that Mewtwo will have two different Mega Stones, or will he have one that will only change him into that game's respective forme? If it's the latter, then . . . well, that kind of sucks. (And I'm not sure how it would work in subsequent games, so it's probably not.)

Garchomp's Mega Form is interesting, as well. It's . . . I think the only true issue I have with it is the fact that it's face looks too square. Other than that, it's kinda cool.

The dog is cute, and I quite enjoy the idea of Meowstick. It has a sort of Nidoran feel to it, although I doubt they'll be two separate evolution lines.

I adore the fossil pokemon! For once, I'm seriously going to have to try and use them.

As for the starter evolutions . . . Hariboogu is weird, Teeruna is mediocre and Gerogashira is cool-looking.
    I'm not quite sure I understand where Chespin's line is heading. . . .
    I think I would have preferred that Fennekin's line stayed quadrupeds, but I can get past that. I don't quite understand the twig in its tail, unless it's supposed to turn into some sort of magic wand. . . .
    And I overall just enjoy Gerogashira's design. If I manage to buy both games, I'll definitely have him and Bulbasaur on a team. I'm still planning on having Fennekin, unless Fennekin's final evolution fails to please me as much as Froakie's. . . .

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2019
    A lot of info has been revealed in the October CoroCoro leak which leak a day earlier than expect. I decided to give a the new pokemon a rating of 1-10; 1 being the lowest and 10 the highest score.

First up is the Starters evolutions
    After months of anticipation the middle stage of the Kalos starter are finally reveal

Chespin's Evo [Grass] - 7.5 (Chespin is being depicted to be the bulkest of the 3 with high defenses but slow speed. Its round chubby design is ok and it looks to be a ground type which is better than being a Grass/Dark because it would have a bunch of weaknesses. Design is ok but still rettains a cute composure. Though its unoriginal {see Pignite} I expect it to break out of its shell and become a fierce ground mole pokemon in it final form.)

Fennekin's Evo [Fire] - 8 (The fox pokemon now is able to stand up on its hind legs he gains a fluffy tail with a stick coming out which is a bit odd but not a big deal. It also have a confident look on its face and expect a special attacker from it final form)

Froakie's Evo [Water] - 9.5 (The ninja frog gets a cool shade of blue complementing colors and a slim agile look completely different from the original showing creativity. It looks fast on its feat and probably hit hard on its but its slim , trim looks only translating to have a weak defenses still Froakie remain quite unique final evolution could be really neat)

Gen 6 Fossil Pokemon:
    The new fossil pokemon are both based off Dinosaurs which is something we have been waiting on for awhile

The T-Rex [Rock/Dragon] - 9 (This pokemon is actually a T-Rex something I've wanted since Aerodactyl it has a very unique typing and alot of appeal with a powerful dino. Its new ability that increases biting moves is decent)

Diplodocus [Rock/Ice] - 10 (love the type combo with this pokemon, it looks exotic with its color scheme and very appealing design. The new ability gave it a big boost in ratings as it will have the ability to change normal moves into Ice type moves and raise their attacking stat. Which is awesome giving players a new strategy to work with Ice moves in game)

New Pokemon:
    No fairies this time but we have some interesting gimmick pokemons

The white poodle [Normal] - 7 (This is more a gimmick pokemon as GF is taking dressing up pokemon which is a stupid idea to begin and customizing them which I think is an upgrade I will hope to see more pokemon that we are able to do this with. Outside of that there is not much to talk about it looks plain before customization but it gets an ability similar to intimidate which lower physical stats I dont see move play out of this beside the customization)

The psychic cat
    [Psychic] - 7 (The male version which I like more design wise is the protector of the females which are the attackers. Meaning the males are defensive and the females are higher in attack. There design is actually quite neat and have an appealing type but already facing stiff competition)

Mego Evolutions:
    Wow mega-evo continues to be the best thing to happen to these games

Mega Mewtwo X [Psychic/Fighting] - 9.5 (Wow Mewtwo has two megas one exculsive for Y which was the one we have been seeing and now this. It looks pretty fierce and much more powerful and threating than the previous one which is what Mega evolution is suppose to be. It has a cool new ability but its not perfect as I would of like a better one. Talk about super saiyan lol)

Mega Garchomp [Dragon/Ground] - 10 (Wow Garchomp looks like he has fused with scizor getting blades for hand and sharp spikes sticking out everywhere. It has a cool land shark monster vibe showing extreme attacking ability)

Wow thats alot of info but I will update with a new post once the english localizations comes out Tomorrow or Friday with pictures as well. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

tnfsf11

I imagine the guy is the leader. If I had to judge him based on his design and the overall theme of beauty this organization has, I'd said he is slightly flamboyant and his catchphrase is either "Fabulous!"or "Beautiful" lol. Not but I guess this is a little better than they just wanting money, although it makes sense now that they want money since they seem very materialistic and shallow with their whole infatuation with beauty.
    Reminds me of...

BTW they just might be fashion designers, after all their motto is making the world beautiful...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2020
    Garchomp was tough enough,tough to go toe to toe with rayquaza and the other legendary dragons, but Mega Garchomp?

I wonder how this will compare with its non-mega evolution.

2 mega forms for Mewtwo? As if mewtwo wasn't powerful enough?

The Dark/Fighting killer panda Pangoro looks pretty promising though, as well as the fossil T-rex Chigorasu.

FlamingRage

Can you feel my rage?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2015
    ugh. It looks like Garchomp Digivolved or something.

I'd bash on those hideous second evo's too, but all brilliant starter pokemon have those awkward teenage years.

darkpokeball

Beware the Chainsaw Meowth 0.o
    Years
    I was kind of hoping for more info from the final issue preceding the games. I do like that they revealed the starter middle evolutions! But ti just makes my choice harder between Froakie or Fennekin because I love both of them! Chespin, on the other hand, looks like he'll fall down and not know how to get back up. Or he'll suffocate himself from forgetting how to breathe. Yeah, that Chespin evo is pretty much as derpy as Stunfisk, if not derpier.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    Am i the only one that thinks that the back sprite of fennekin's evo is going to look super awkward with that stick up his butt

I think is suppose to resemble a broom, I guess when it evolves it would be more clear.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    That's official art, and that's never really been changed, I Like it though, the whole mixture of nature and Modernisim in pokemon is cool.

Years
    • PR
    • Seen Sep 16, 2014
    I know it is supposed to resemble a broom, but if they screw up the art it might look very wrong. Just like raikou's tail in 5th gen.

Ok then, I just assumed you didn't know the tail was like a broom. I am very intrigued to see what they do with Fennekin's final design. They could have gone with an easy elegant fox design, but they decided to go with a witch fox which is really creative, I hope they nail it.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Ok then, I just assumed you didn't know the tail was like a broom. I am very intrigued to see what they do with Fennekin's final design. They could have gone with an easy elegant fox design, but they decided to go with a witch fox which is really creative, I hope they nail it.
    Hopefully.
    I dislike all the comments about it being Magical girl reject...hopefully it's final evolution will prove everyone wrong and it'll be the best of all the final Evolutions and Megas of Kalos :3

Back