• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

~October Daily Chit Chat~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
Years
  • My parents won't spend that kind of money on me. I'll have to save my own money. :/

I might get a laptop if I get a job of my own. This computer is old; I'd like something not as bad. XD;
    Get it for Christmas then. XD
    Well buying your own laptop might take some time...

My laptop is the best :P
    about 300 MHz, battery doesn't work, no idea how much space I have, won't work properly with Windows 98, so it's running Linux, needs an extra cooler so it doesn't get too hot + it's 298506403196 years old :D

I still like using it sometimes though, I just don't trust it...
    You should upgrade a few things if it's 298506403196 years old. XD

Years
  • My laptop is the best :P
    about 300 MHz, battery doesn't work, no idea how much space I have, won't work properly with Windows 98, so it's running Linux, needs an extra cooler so it doesn't get too hot + it's 298506403196 years old :D

I still like using it sometimes though, I just don't trust it...

Wow... there is something worse than my computer. >:

Reminds me of a really really really old laptop we had once upon a time... we only used it for Solitaire. XD I wonder what happened to it.

Get it for Christmas then. XD
    Well buying your own laptop might take some time...

You should upgrade a few things if it's 298506403196 years old. XD

No one spends that kind of money on me for Christmas, and I don't get enough money.
    Yes, it will, but that's the ONLY way I'll be getting one, I can assure you. >:

I don't know... if it's that old, you might save more money by buying a new one. XD

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • No one spends that kind of money on me for Christmas, and I don't get enough money.

I don't know... if it's that old, you might save more money by buying a new one. XD
    The highest priced thing I ever got was my laptop. Other then that most of my Christmas/Birthday stuff was around $200-300 (at the most, I tend to get forgotten sometimes.... XD). XD

If it's a good laptop then there's nothing wrong on keeping it. XD

Kamui

´
    Years
  • No one spends that kind of money on me for Christmas, and I don't get enough money.

Same prob here.
    i am sparing money about 3 months only got 400 pounds<cry>
    I need about 1700-2000 pounds to buy a top upgraded XPS desktop

But i will do it myself i didnt said a word to mom and dad about it...

Cloud_boy

FML
    Years
  • I used to have a laptop, and it was a good one...but like most of the stuff I own, it sorta blew up...sorta.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah, I never liked laptops..too breakable..but normal computers are better because they are cheaper to replace.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • Laptops... I'm overdue on a new one >.< I'm waiting for the price of Samsung's(and whoever else) pretty little flash-based drives to go down.

Lighter, less breakage, generally faster, and less power usage. Until I can not worry about the computer going dead in 4 hours or adding extra weight(batteries) to compensate, I'm not ready to go through that hassle again.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • I do too, but I needed the portability of a laptop for college. o.o

I'm gonna either sell my computer or give it to my cousin, I can't risk bringing such a heavy breakable monitor/screen to campus. It may be 11 months from now but I better start on packing some things and decide whether to buy a dell or a vaio one.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • Ahahahahahaha. I've had the worst luck ever with laptops, I've melted over four motherboards and burnt over ten power packs. >___>; IN TWO YEARS.

Hi Brittany. ^_^ Nice to see you back. :D *misses a lot of older members ^^;*

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • Haha~ my laptop sucks. Each time I move with it on my lap, or move the screen, it turns off. D; I hate it. Everyone else in my family gets a good one, but do I? No, of course not.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I'm gonna either sell my computer or give it to my cousin, I can't risk bringing such a heavy breakable monitor/screen to campus. It may be 11 months from now but I better start on packing some things and decide whether to buy a dell or a vaio one.

Personally, I'd go for the Vaio. I've heard some horror stories about Dell computers. o.o

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Same prob here.
    i am sparing money about 3 months only got 400 pounds<cry>
    I need about 1700-2000 pounds to buy a top upgraded XPS desktop

But i will do it myself i didnt said a word to mom and dad about it...
    Unless you're getting the XPS for gaming you shouldn't get a Dell. An XPS is great for plaing games on it. But in the end it's a Dell, and Dells aren't all that good.

I used to have a laptop, and it was a good one...but like most of the stuff I own, it sorta blew up...sorta.
    You blew a laptop up? How? XD

Yeah, I know it is. If I don't get it for Christmas I think I'm going to save up and buy it next year. Seeing as I've got a job now, I've got a bit of spare cash.
    Well it does cost a bit. You have to remember, the price you saw on HP.com was just a starting price, you'll have to get a larger HDD, more memory, RAM and other things.

I myself like PC's better than Laptops...
    Over all on specs and stuff desktops are better. But I like a laptop because I can take it on the go. Right now I'm in my brother's room, if I had a desktop then I couldn't move from my room to his room to the living room to the office and so on.

I'm gonna either sell my computer or give it to my cousin, I can't risk bringing such a heavy breakable monitor/screen to campus. It may be 11 months from now but I better start on packing some things and decide whether to buy a dell or a vaio one.
    Well a Dell is a.... well a Dell. Lots of "pretty" stories has been told about Dells. And a Vaio is Sony after all. You got the whole PSP probs, PS2 probs, PS3 probs. And then you got the probs about Sony batteries sort of.... well bursting into flames....

Haha~ my laptop sucks. Each time I move with it on my lap, or move the screen, it turns off. D; I hate it. Everyone else in my family gets a good one, but do I? No, of course not.
    Snatch one of their computers, that way you'll have a good one. XD
    Take David's laptop!!!! XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back