• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Official Box Art for SoulSilver & HeartGold!

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    I love the original boxart, it looks like a revamp of the originals in the same way FireRed's boxart was.

Dirtyjerry

TJ Kitchen
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I think they look great. I'm really looking forward to the pokewalker. It better be included in the American release.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Wow, they're both amazing. Those are definatly my favourite box art for the main Pokemon games. Not that it matters too much, it's the game that matters, but it's always nice XD

boxart looks badass <3
    and i bet its gonna be all sparkly and pleasing to the eye, giant box is big, but thats because of the pokewalker >3>

i really hate the english pokemon logo
    why does the japanes one looks so fricken, crazy awesommmmeeee

This is a fanart i found lurking in DA, but i think this would be some crazy awesome if it was legit

Official Box Art for SoulSilver & HeartGold!

but ofcoarse they'll put in the silly little black curved version name in there like the one posted before >A>

Wow, that's really nice. I don't know why we had to get a really ugly logo, blue and yellow together makes me sick.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    What is this logo that everyone is talking about? I know this is a stupid question but I'm having a slow moment here.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What is this logo that everyone is talking about? I know this is a stupid question but I'm having a slow moment here.

They are all talking about the English logo, "Pokémon" or in this case:

Spoiler:

We are all basically comparing this logo to that of the fan-made logos for the new remakes. Seeing this one and the fan-based Pokémon logos, I enjoy the new one. It simply stands out and catches the eye easily. Not to mention it matches the game's version and has a nice appearance as well. However, we can only wish for them to change the English Pokémon Logo to look as cool as the Japanese logo for it. Even to change the color for it to match the basic design of the game would be nice.

Years
    The boxarts are absolutely wonderful! <3 I'm hoping to see the English logo look like the fanmade ones as well, rather than like it has in the past.

I'm really excited to have my Pokémon follow me around in-game, but the Pokéwalker is pretty awesome-looking, too. I'm really glad to see a Johto remake for the DS, in general. ^_^

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This may be a bit out of topic, but I wonder if we'll get the figurines over in other countries too, like they did for Platinum. I'm totally loving the Lugia one, and I'm wishing the artwork on the box was looking more like that.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
    Man... I was planning on getting gold because I got silver for the GBC as my first one, but Silver's box art alone is making me want it so bad! What a hot box! (no innuendo) o_o

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This may be a bit out of topic, but I wonder if we'll get the figurines over in other countries too, like they did for Platinum. I'm totally loving the Lugia one, and I'm wishing the artwork on the box was looking more like that.

More than likely, yes, other countries will recieve either the Ho-oh figure when pre-ordering HeartGold, Lugia when pre-ordering SoulSilver, or both Ho-Oh, Lugia, and the Arceus figure when pre-ordering both versions. It has basically been done like this for some time and I wouldn't think they'd only allow it in Japan.

As for the boxart, the figurines don't usually match them, but I must admit if the Lugia and even if the Ho-Oh figure was put as print for the box art, then it would have looked very nice. However, it isn't, but I wouldn't deny that these two box arts are really well done and I like them both. They catch your eyes and have that sleak shine to them as I said before.

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
    Years
    i dont see it, but serebii says that after the elite 4, u'll be able to catch kyogre in HG and groudon in SS. And if u get both of them on the same game, rayquaza will be catchable. at least thats how i thnik they said it....
    Thats exactly what happens :D YOu get both groudon and Kyogre, and Rayquazza appaears.

POKéMIKE1

AKA meejle
    Years
    I really hope they do release the PokéWalker outside of Japan. I guess the fact there are so many fans discussing the games online than there were in 1999 would make it harder for Nintendo to get away with removing it... although not impossible.

I guess it depends how important it is to the game. Presumably they'd have extra menus and stuff to take out if we didn't get the PW? Meh, I don't know. All I know is I want one. *Stamps feet*

Its been confirmed to use Infrared.

Is the IR thing actually part of the Game Card? I hope that doesn't make it... you know, sucky.

I don't really care about the box art.
    All I care about is the game inside ;)

This.

~Zero~

Pokemon Roleplayer
    Years
    Well, the boxart certainly catches ones eye, and that's important for good sales xD Even though Id but the game irregardless.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Will there be a hard case for the games inside that box?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I really don't like these covers for some odd reason. I liked the fake ones more (the ones that had SS in all silver and HG in Gold). It look so much cooler in my opinion

:t354:TG

Back