• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Official English Name Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah that's what I'm wondering. It's... possible. XD; I dunno, I'm currently stalking that site to see if there's any ~early~ reveal.

But yes I can't wait til Smugleaf is proven to not be real! :D

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Something about the name "Boarbeque" sounds strange to me.
    As if it were a lunch special. :cer_confused:

It's almost time!

SgtPatches

i has a beard
    Years
    I am anxiously waiting for the English names to be released so people can stop with this Smugleaf nonsense. It's a garbage name, and Nintendo won't use it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...hey you know, we might have to wait 5 hours or something. Apparently the mailing location is on the western side of USA, so. D;

And pretty sure nothing will be named Boarbeque... I hope. :(

Years
    I am anxiously waiting for the English names to be released so people can stop with this Smugleaf nonsense. It's a garbage name, and Nintendo won't use it.
    Of course not, Smugleaf is a nickname. :p

Joe lives in the UK, Bournemouth to be specific. Indiana is where his server is hosted...Yet, this is irrelevant.

I'm excited to hear about the names ;-;!
    I hope they're ~amazing~

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...oh God. XD;;

Final predictions - changing from any of my other predictions to Aquott someone else mentioned earlier on in this thread for Mijumaru.
    /impatient ;;

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    ...oh God. XD;;

Final predictions - changing from any of my other predictions to Aquott someone else mentioned earlier on in this thread for Mijumaru.
    /impatient ;;

Aquott? ...Hmmm.
    That's not bad.

The big moment approaches!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    ...oh God. XD;;

/impatient ;;

That sounds cool... Aquott, fun to say lol. But I still like Ottide XD

/*Cant wait for the most unpredictable nicknames ever that will cause heaps of uproar///

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021

That sounds cool... Aquott, fun to say lol. But I still like Ottide XD

/*Cant wait for the most unpredictable nicknames ever that will cause heaps of uproar///

That's another good one! Ottide!

....I'm getting so anxious! The time grows very short now!

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Hey when do the Names get revealed it is November 22 in Australia, So i was wondering how much longer I'm getting so anxious i really like Ottide

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, we're probably going to have to wait a couple more hours until the rest of America wakes up which is when they'll probably announce it. :(

(Personally I'm hoping it's before I go to sleep tonight... for... reasons!)

I think the only thing I'm really worried about now is Tsutaaja's. Pokabu's potential names... well, there isn't that much bad that can come from Pokabu, and almost everything combined for Mijumaru is awesome, sooo yeah.

King Gumball

Years
    Well, we're probably going to have to wait a couple more hours until the rest of America wakes up which is when they'll probably announce it. :(

(Personally I'm hoping it's before I go to sleep tonight, otherwise B/W will be mod-less for like 3 hours or something and if the names get announced then, well...)

I think the only thing I'm really worried about now is Tsutaaja's. Pokabu's potential names... well, there isn't that much bad that can come from Pokabu, and almost everything combined for Mijumaru is awesome, sooo yeah.

That was what I was thinking XD I dont think it will be toooo bad.

As for pokebu, I am expecting something that has "poke" in its name for some reason... It just sorta makes sense.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    lol I edited that part out just so people... won't... notice. XD

And yeah, I originally thought it would have something to do with Poke, but... well, Pyroink as people have said makes a lot of sense considering what Jake said its Japanese name meant. XD

@Previous poster: Maybe try doing something else while waiting?

King Gumball

Years
    lol I edited that part out just so people... won't... notice. XD

And yeah, I originally thought it would have something to do with Poke, but... well, Pyroink as people have said makes a lot of sense considering what Jake said its Japanese name meant. XD

@Previous poster: Maybe try doing something else while waiting?

haha lol.

Pyroink sounds a bit too similar to Spoink though... But I have no idea what else it could be called.

Poke+Piglett= Pokelett

That was fail, but I could never guess what it may be called :\

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    Well, no use of making anymore guesses, from me that is.
    I'm off to bed now. I'll be back here soon, and I will be very eager to hear the names!

King Gumball

Years
    Well, no use of making anymore guesses, from me that is.
    I'm off to bed now. I'll be back here soon, and I will be very eager to hear the names!

Early night for me too. I will be up early to see the new names though. Can't wait to see them!

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    The only thing I hope is that Tsutaja isn't named Smugleaf. D:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back